• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Great Issue (#118), which is :news:FREE :news: on Comixology BTW (FYI)

Great recap of the series, enjoyed it

Good to see OLIVER back!

So many good/rich aspects of this issue

-- The "rape" talk :(

-- The "toilet" scene lol

-- The Oliver's girlfriend :eek:

-- Oliver grown up

Just a really, really good issue. Glad I bought 50 copies lol

Can anyone explain the invincible 118 logo variant? Is it htf? What do you think the print run on 118 was?
I'm not familiar with this? Print run, probably high for a .25c comic

Ahhhhhh! ECCC tomorrow! Can't wait to post the haul!
:popcorn:

So, not quite the haul I was expecting. Turned down by a few cats, but, Adi Granov came through like a champ. My second Granov piece, Space Racer.

image_zps37obh48e.jpg

I did pick up the 101 cover and a few other pages, but, this was my main con piece from ECCC.

Since we are all friends here, and fans of the book, maybe I can ask an honest question. After rereading 118 this morning, why would anyone want to "start" reading the book if this was their first issue? The recap looks like advertisements that I almost passed over and not one panel shows anyone's powers except for Oliver. I'm confused. I understand the timing, new era/start/life for our heroes, but, I don't understand the pace of the transition. Things are gonna be so crazy, comic book, yeah yeah yeah, but, let's have some bathroom banter and other stuff first.

Love the colors in this issue, Beaulieu nailed it.

Since we are all friends here, and fans of the book, maybe I can ask an honest question. After rereading 118 this morning, why would anyone want to "start" reading the book if this was their first issue? The recap looks like advertisements that I almost passed over and not one panel shows anyone's powers except for Oliver. I'm confused. I understand the timing, new era/start/life for our heroes, but, I don't understand the pace of the transition. Things are gonna be so crazy, comic book, yeah yeah yeah, but, let's have some bathroom banter and other stuff first.

This was more slice of life, Saga-esque toned. This will be the norm for the book for the near future, so it does fit for a jumping on point because the book is really taking a different turn starting with this issue.

This was more slice of life, Saga-esque toned. This will be the norm for the book for the near future, so it does fit for a jumping on point because the book is really taking a different turn starting with this issue.

I guess. It seems you'd wanna make the jumping on point the best issue yet. Do you think the new tone will attract readers or lose them? Of course you'll say attract readers, but, man, I don't know. I hope it stays strong while Kirkman focuses on Outcast.

I guess. It seems you'd wanna make the jumping on point the best issue yet. Do you think the new tone will attract readers or lose them? Of course you'll say attract readers, but, man, I don't know. I hope it stays strong while Kirkman focuses on Outcast.

They have a plan in place that was formulated by looking at what is selling at Image the most at this point. People are buying more slice of life, funny, quirky books than just bombastic Super Hero fights. It's been 5 years that Walking Dead has been out and it's never helped Invincible's sales at all. Making a change and taking a chance with a new outlook is worth a try. With sales at the same amount as they were pre Walking Dead TV Show, a change probably isn't costing a large number of readers and can only really help.

Good points. I think the issue perfectly and concisely recaps the series and then offers new story, which contains a lot of elements: humor, shock, sadness, intensity, and wonder.

I'm biased, but I would want more after this issue if I was a newcomer

2c