• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

Got a CBLDF variant on ebay to slab and flip but the idiotic disease of the packing and shipping amateurs struck again. I swear I have had the worst experiences with buying books on there in the last year

I'd like to see Ronda Rousey as Forever :)

Hadn't heard of her before, so I had to look her up. She definitely has the right body type for it, but do you think she has the acting chops?

A "true to the source" Forever is going to be really hard to find.

Hadn't heard of her before, so I had to look her up. She definitely has the right body type for it, but do you think she has the acting chops?

All I know is she can kick spoon and take names. Also you don't have to hire a stunt double cause she is that tough.

I'd like to see Bridget Regan as Forever. She can act and she is familiar with fight choreography from Legend of the Seeker.

Rhonda is pretty bad at acting, but has done well enough in movies were she is part of an ensemble and mostly just fights. I think she'd be good as someone for forever to fight, but not to play forever herself. Also, she doing movies, she's not going to drop down to TV.

Edited by CBT

Rhonda is pretty bad at acting, but has done well enough in movies were she is part of an ensemble and mostly just fights. I think she'd be good as someone for forever to fight, but not to play forever herself. Also, she doing movies, she's not going to drop down to TV.

TV isn't considered a cesspool by movie people anymore; it sure was when I was growing up though, it was where stars went to die!

Other than that, I agree with your assessment - they need someone who can act first, and who is athletic and can bulk up second. I believe Forever will have to convey a great deal of information in a non-verbal manner, and that is often the hardest stuff to get right. Editing may be able to help a weak actors performance here and there, but it won't be able to allow a weak actor to carry a show.

To pick on a show that I loved - but that I won't deny for a single second was cheesy and often just plain bad - I would like to point to the Highlander television series. They had a great 'physical' actor in Adrian Paul.... but man, could he ever stink up the joint otherwise! In this day of bigger budget, more highly respected television, hopefully they can find someone with the right mix should this show ever make it to the pilot stage.

So I was looking at the con tshirts for Lazarus, and the one with all of the Lazarii on it had a few we haven't been introduced yet, including the 'unknowns' listed in the family back stories.

The one in the middle of the bottom row is in a futuristic...wheelchair?! Now THAT'S going to be an interesting story :popcorn:

Here's the original picture Michael posted on his Twitter with the Lazari:

B2BxIGhCIAAJqrh.jpg

Per Greg's statement at their Fantastic Comics Q&A, only two Lazari were not present at the Conclave, the Vassalovka and the Inamura. Michael then said that the Vassalovka Lazarus was at the Conclave and illustrated amidst the smaller background figures. The Inamura Lazarus is a "ninja" who, Michael jokingly mentioned, was at the Conclave but was invisible lol.

Asking Greg about the Vassalovka Lazarus, he mentioned that it was a very scary character and that "he" does not behave well with others so it may yet be the most extreme example of a Lazarus we will encounter later in the series. Mirroring the current geopolitical climate, Carlyle is in a very precarious position with the war starting. Their Eastern border will be the primary conflict with Bittner/Hock and the Mexico border is still contested with Morray, who are on the fence about which alliance to support. Looking at the World Map, Carlyle's Northern Alaska border was illustrated as contested with Vassalovka, who are pro-Hock, so it will be very interesting to see if they are drawn into the conflict.

I'd have to flip through the book at home, but I believe that of the Lazari pictured and shown at the Conclave, everyone had at least a single speaking line with the exception of Carragher & Minetta. Li Jiaolong was definitely the most intriguing of the new Lazari with a peek at his bioengineered cybernetic abilities.

One of the most interesting things that hasn't been elaborated on much is the research that went into creating some of these Lazari. For example, Greg stated having had concerns equipping Xolani Nkosi with a spear as this might typecast him. However, upon additional research, he was able to find numerous examples of very modern advanced spear-headed weapons from Sub-Saharan Africa that are extremely lethal and useful in close combat. Similarly, Sonya Bittner was endowed with a broadsword and armor to honor the family's German heritage. It's great to see the methodology behind the creation of the Lazari, and how they truly represent the "sword" of their families.

Can't wait to see what additional world-building they'll keep putting in the individual issues once the first set of backgrounds has run its course. I'm hoping they'll continue creating new back-page advertisements as well.

So I was looking at the con tshirts for Lazarus, and the one with all of the Lazarii on it had a few we haven't been introduced yet, including the 'unknowns' listed in the family back stories.

The one in the middle of the bottom row is in a futuristic...wheelchair?! Now THAT'S going to be an interesting story :popcorn:

I thought they were all present at the poker game after the Conclave Ball? The wheelchair guy won the game.

I thought they were all present at the poker game after the Conclave Ball? The wheelchair guy won the game.

You are correct (thumbs u

You are correct (thumbs u

*sigh* and this is what happens when working 10-12 hours a day, online school for 2-3 hours a day, and quickly skimming the past few issues does to your brain :boo:

This was a good wake up call that I need to spend more time with my favorite series (thumbs u

Can't wait to see what additional world-building they'll keep putting in the individual issues once the first set of backgrounds has run its course. I'm hoping they'll continue creating new back-page advertisements as well.

Confirmed tonight that back story info and ads will continue