• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

Umm... you have an "X-Force" in your "Uncanny X-Men" box...

:baiting:;)

ebay user id ~ theuncannyxmen

and some X-force # 19's in that box also

'Twas only a joke, good sir!

:)

-slym

:baiting: I know, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to plug my auctions.

I'll just repost this:

1. The first appearance of Killer Croc is technically in Tec 523. However he only appears in a few panels and is obscured by his trench coat and fedora. He is addressed by the name Croc. So technically his first appearance is here but its a "cameo".

2. He has a larger appearance in Batman 357 but is again hidden by his coat and hat. This book is widely accepted as his first full appearance though as its the real beginning of his story arc. Not seen much throughout the book though. Some argue its just another cameo, which is perfectly fine.

3. In Tec 524, Croc appears throughout the book, and his face is revealed for the first time. If I were going to favor a book over Batman 357 as his first meaningful appearance, it would be this and not Batman 358.

4. Batman 358 is his first cover appearance and is lately being sold as his true first full appearance on eBay, as he "reveals" himself on the first page and calls himself Killer Croc. Pretty sure most people that are using this sales tactic haven't actually read the relevant issues though, as this is in no way a first appearance outside of a first cover appearance.

I'll just repost this:

1. The first appearance of Killer Croc is technically in Tec 523. However he only appears in a few panels and is obscured by his trench coat and fedora. He is addressed by the name Croc. So technically his first appearance is here but its a "cameo".

2. He has a larger appearance in Batman 357 but is again hidden by his coat and hat. This book is widely accepted as his first full appearance though as its the real beginning of his story arc. Not seen much throughout the book though. Some argue its just another cameo, which is perfectly fine.

3. In Tec 524, Croc appears throughout the book, and his face is revealed for the first time. If I were going to favor a book over Batman 357 as his first meaningful appearance, it would be this and not Batman 358.

4. Batman 358 is his first cover appearance and is lately being sold as his true first full appearance on eBay, as he "reveals" himself on the first page and calls himself Killer Croc. Pretty sure most people that are using this sales tactic haven't actually read the relevant issues though, as this is in no way a first appearance outside of a first cover appearance.

I think you meant Batman 359.

Batman_359.jpg

I've seen sellers over the years try and push Batman 359 as his 1st true appearance as well because it is the first full cover reveal. Especially last year Fantasy Comics on Ebay was cranking out multiple copies of this book as they would sell.

Why is Bats 359 not dubbed a Rogues Gallery? hm

That cover is boss. That is all

And #359 leads directly into Tec #526, the anniversary issue, which is chock full of awesome. It doesn't get near the love it should.

And #359 leads directly into Tec #526, the anniversary issue, which is chock full of awesome. It doesn't get near the love it should.

(thumbs u

I always preferred it to Batman #400...

(thumbs u

I always preferred it to Batman #400...

I love them all . . . :grin:

Six of my X-Men #244 auctions ended tonight. Realized prices ended at $37.00, $39.00, $42.50, $48.00, $51.00 and $52.00. :banana:

Six more auctions end Tuesday night and the last 9 end Thursday night.

It's like you found a few grand at the bottom of your sock drawer...

Between the 6 auctions that ended Sunday night and the 6 auctions that ended last night, I'm averaging about $45 per book so far. And I still have 9 more auctions ending tomorrow (Thursday) night. (thumbs u

I've noticed so far it's not 12 different buyers. One guy on Sunday night bought 3 copies and another guy bought 2 copies. Then last night just one guy picked up 5 of the 6.