• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I also didn't realize Caliber #1 had such a low print run.

I figured it was much higher than Crow #1, to be honest.

Census for it -

#1 -

39 9.8s

32 Blue

7 Yellow

There are 50 9.6's on issue #1.

and for CP #15 -

11 9.8's

7 Blue

4 Yellow

9.6's are actually lower than 9.8's on this issue.

So as of right now, there are only 9 possible #1-#4 sets at 9.8 to be had.

Take out the Greens, and there are only 8 (although I am sure the greens are unverified O'Barr sigs, and I would be just fine owning those myself).

Those are crazy numbers for a book that seems to have a rabid fan base.

I am very grateful to own the copies I do have.

Take out the Greens, and there are only 8 (although I am sure the greens are unverified O'Barr sigs, and I would be just fine owning those myself).

But the "rabid fan base" doesn't care about CGC 9.8 copies :shrug:

It's no different than, say, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac - issue #1 has been reprinted more than 35 times, yet there's basically only 2 people who collect CGC'ed copies of this series.

I have a set in 9.8.....and my #1 is a green 9.8 O'Barr sig.

I have a set in 9.8.....and my #1 is a green 9.8 O'Barr sig.

:sorry:

:whee:

ZXeytmPl.jpg

From the Grails OO collection when he helped set me down the high-grade path.

:cloud9:

But the "rabid fan base" doesn't care about CGC 9.8 copies :shrug:

It's no different than, say, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac - issue #1 has been reprinted more than 35 times, yet there's basically only 2 people who collect CGC'ed copies of this series.

Do you have any facts on this statement, or are you just spreading your knowledge?

I would think there are a ton of people who want this series in 9.8s, or they wouldn't come close to the prices they get.

Crow is a niche book. It may have a rabid fan base, but it is small - at least in comparison to Batman, Spider-Man or even Deadpool. Prices are exceedingly strong for the small number of books in the original run stories.

Crow is a niche book. It may have a rabid fan base, but it is small - at least in comparison to Batman, Spider-Man or even Deadpool. Prices are exceedingly strong for the small number of books in the original run stories.

I agree with this.

But there aren't many comics that have the fan base of a Batman or Spidey though.

I guess it is possible there are like 5 people who keep bidding against themselves whenever these pop up in high grade, lol .

I agree with this.

But there aren't many comics that have the fan base of a Batman or Spidey though.

I guess it is possible there are like 5 people who keep bidding against themselves whenever these pop up in high grade, lol .

There are quite a few of these collectors out there. Oakman is an example of someone that has the slabbed books. He just doesn't post them in the registry.

But I have to agree, there is nowhere near the demand of a mainstream title with a steady publication run. Crow never had that type characteristic. It was meant to be a once-and-done arc.

So the consensus is Crow 1,2,3, and 4 have lower print runs then

Caliber Presents 1?

hm

Depends on the book. And these are estimates, though Michael/Mschmidt had a very good reference on the Crow 1-4, and I trust his information.

Caliber Presents 1 = 10,000

Crow 1 = 10,000

Crow 2 = 7,000

Crow 3 = 5,000

Crow 4 = 12,000

Wow! I never realized how low a print run Caliber Presents 1 was, for some reason I was thinking 50,000, this book just got a whole lot more attractive to me.

Someone asked about the print run of these books.

:bump:

Someday, I'll put together a run of these. Hey, I might get lucky and seduce them away from some rabid collecting fangirl too. hm

Well, I decided to sell some of my CGC and raw Crow dupes/undercopies so I figure I would show off while I still can. I guess I could put this under the hoards topic but I think that you guys may be the only ones who would appreciate it!

I found out about the Crow when I was about 12. Tundra re-released it and I bought each issue off the shelves as they came out. I loved it so much that over the years I would always pick up the original Caliber issues whenever I came across them. I recall thinking it was cool that James O'Barr was also from Michigan.

I've actually already sold a few runs of the series and 4 copies of Caliber Presents 1 so this picture isn't exactly complete, but it's everything I have from Caliber that is Crow related at this time. Enjoy!

-William

DSC00498.jpg

Then there is this collection that never made it into the registry.

William, you are amazing!

(worship)(worship)(worship)