• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

So, what are the next big non Marvel/DC comics going to be? I'm tired of being behind in this. What do you guys think about Low? Is it going up in value? Is it a good series? I think I will pick it up just to read.

Rat Queens.

Big following, cosplay, highly trending with current demographics, optioned for a cartoon show modest print run for a potential huge hit.

what demographic is it trending with

I just hope that Negan doesnt get introduced in the WD spin off.. That could possibly suck if the show doesnt pick steam

Unless he is the only good part of the show and the last episode has him jumping in a car and driving to the East Coast!

:ohnoez:

Too many WD 100's. So can anyone break it down in order of desirability?

Seems like

2nd Print

3rd Print

Yellow Regular Cover

Chrome

All the other variant covers haven't spiked.

Is there a reason the Yellow Regular Cover is being coveted when the other variant covers aren't (yet)? I assume it's because it is part of the run of covers in that story arc so it matches the other A covers in a collectors run.

I'm also wondering if it's just because people decided to go with A because it's a fraction of the print run of all the covers combined and if you have to pick any go with A.

335,000 print run (of which 1000-1500 are the 1:200 based on guesses I've read elsewhere)

31k chromiums on top of that.

(335,000 - 1500) / 8 = 41,687 of each variant cover assuming an equal ratio in orders

Is there a breakdown on the number of the variants ordered/printed? It is possible a lot of retailers didn't order all the covers, or ordered them in uneven ratios making some have lower print runs and therefore harder to find than others. Maybe that is the case with the A cover, everyone went nuts on the McFarlane and other bright covers, so A could potentially be half of the others (20kish). Totally speculating here though.

Edited by Couchy81

So, what are the next big non Marvel/DC comics going to be? I'm tired of being behind in this. What do you guys think about Low? Is it going up in value? Is it a good series? I think I will pick it up just to read.

Shutter

Rat Queens.

Big following, cosplay, highly trending with current demographics, optioned for a cartoon show modest print run for a potential huge hit.

what demographic is it trending with

amanda-holden-pic-john-chapple-959722063.jpg

Shutter

I am going to stock up even more on Shutter if it turns out that the main character is a villain due to a poor perception of reality.

I would also add Wicked + Divine and Black Science to the list.

Edited by revivedrevival

How many different issues did they use that image on? 99 second print, 100 third print. Anywhere else?

It's actually different,

97,98,99 2nd print have a landscape with a regular baseball bat

100 3rd, 101,102 2nd prints have a landscape with a barbed wire/bloody bat

Its a left and right shot all one landscape

walkingdead_97-99.jpg

2845547-the_walking_dead__v1_100_102_joined_2nd.jpg

Edited by Couchy81

What's the story behind the Lucille variant anyways? I didn't know they were available for ordering at the time.

Census seems to show a bunch and they have it split into two categories "Lucille" and "Red Foil"

Red Foil Edition - 125

Lucille - 176

Total: 301

Are they actually really rare? Seems on par for #100 census numbers

How many different issues did they use that image on? 99 second print, 100 third print. Anywhere else?

It's actually different,

97,98,99 2nd print have a landscape with a regular baseball bat

100 3rd, 101,102 2nd prints have a landscape with a barbed wire/bloody bat

Its a left and right shot all one landscape

walkingdead_97-99.jpg

2845547-the_walking_dead__v1_100_102_joined_2nd.jpg

Ah, couldn't see the forest for the trees! (thumbs u