• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

Interesting, that's only the second one I've noticed for sale in the last two years. Come to think of it, I don't think I've noticed a fourth print in that time frame coming up for sale (9.8 examples).

I will sell you mine for "1 million dollars!"

:)

"The last time I posted this photo (about a year ago?) I think there were about 800 total MOS18s on the census with about 500 of them graded 9.8.

At that time only 5 were graded 9.9.

Since then another 300 9.8s have been graded (an explosion of 9.8s). And there are now 1375 total MOS18s on the census.

However, to my delight, ZERO 9.9s have been added to the census."

Man, that is a TON of submissions...

There are now 1491 submissions of this comic to CGC. That means in just the last 2 months there have been 116 more submissions of MOS18. They basically get 2 of these a day to grade. That's a lot.

"The last time I posted this photo (about a year ago?) I think there were about 800 total MOS18s on the census with about 500 of them graded 9.8.

Since then another 300 9.8s have been graded (an explosion of 9.8s). And there are now 1375 total MOS18s on the census.

There are now 1491 submissions of this comic to CGC. That means in just the last 2 months there have been 116 more submissions of MOS18. They basically get 2 of these a day to grade. That's a lot.

All that means is you should go and get one or two!

Comicartfan has 2 for sale right now, plus a MOS 17!

:baiting:

I've got 7 17s and probably 10 or so 18s. Many of them will be going to CGC soon.

I've got 7 17s and probably 10 or so 18s. Many of them will be going to CGC soon.

When you send them in are you going to request a 9.8 screening? In my eyes, if you can't get a 9.8 on these, it's simply not worth the money to slab them.

When you send them in are you going to request a 9.8 screening? In my eyes, if you can't get a 9.8 on these, it's simply not worth the money to slab them.

I probably won't pre-screen, but I'll likely only send those that I think have a shot at 9.8. They're all my OO copies, and if my first CGC submission is a good indication, my grading is pretty much in line with CGC's

Woot - just picked up a 1st Print and 3rd print of MOS 18 CGC 9.8 :) Now just to get the 2nd, 4th, and the elusive 5th to complete the set.

With that being said let me know if you have one for sale OR if you have a 1st print CGC 9.9 that you are looking to sell :) (very doubtful I know)

Woot - just picked up a 1st Print and 3rd print of MOS 18 CGC 9.8 :) Now just to get the 2nd, 4th, and the elusive 5th to complete the set.

With that being said let me know if you have one for sale OR if you have a 1st print CGC 9.9 that you are looking to sell :) (very doubtful I know)

Just sweet talk Paul747 :baiting: and while you're at it tell him to sell me his new mutants 87 9.9 also.. :grin:

Just sweet talk Paul747 :baiting: and while you're at it tell him to sell me his new mutants 87 9.9 also.. :grin:

I'll see what I can do :)

What is the going rate on a MOS 18 CGC 9.8 4th and 5th print - not a lot of GPA data available on them - so what would be a reasonable price to pay?

cheaper than what it would be if you ask this question again a week from now

What is the going rate on a MOS 18 CGC 9.8 4th and 5th print - not a lot of GPA data available on them - so what would be a reasonable price to pay?

cheaper than what it would be if you ask this question again a week from now

I think you can use gpa as an indirect starting guide and go from there, even though there's not a ton of data.

Start with 5th print, there's enough data on GPA to get an starting point price. Then work from there to see how much MORE than GPA you'll pay, calculating in how much you want it, how available they are, the potential for growth (from movie hype) or decline (from more people slabbing), and how long or how much it might cost you to get another one in the future. You can also factor GPA of 3rd and 2nd print into your estimates, considering those same people would probably buy 5th prints given the chance what are GPA's for those 9.8's?

4th print would be extra tough, as there's only 3 in grade. I would say you can triple whatever the 5th print would cost you.