• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

(thumbs u Very nice Star Wars Variant, I should do you like I did october and ask where are the other 3 books for the set. :baiting::) You know you got to have them all.

The #1 is the only one that flats my boat. Need to work on the Marvel Horror titles next.

Madness. The prices these consigners with Lonestar are setting are beyond ridiculous.

3x what a book has EVER sold for...? No problem! 4x? 5x? 10x?

The sky's the limit! Let's price EVERYTHING at a million dollars!

:whee:

Well, this should be interesting - http://www.ebay.com/itm/311331122104

If I remember correctly, back in the day (1999-2001) before it got too zany, a CGC 9.4 copy sold for $150-$200. A great deal, and this is might be the same copy (looks similar to the scan) with a quick press job.

Well, this should be interesting - http://www.ebay.com/itm/311331122104

If I remember correctly, back in the day (1999-2001) before it got too zany, a CGC 9.4 copy sold for $150-$200. A great deal, and this is might be the same copy (looks similar to the scan) with a quick press job.

You are correct.

A 9.4 copy was graded back in July 2001, one of the first books CGC graded. I don't know if the book was pressed or a straight resubmit, but the 9.4 disappeared from the census and the 9.6 appeared in the census in December of 2004. The book was listed on ComicLink for a long time at what was then a very high price - like $3000. What was a high price then would be a bargain today. That book was and remains the single highest graded for more than ten years.

The 9.4 is also the only one in that grade and was graded this past June and is not a resubmit.

This is a good example of when Overstreet is not your friend if you are a seller...

Someone got a really really really good buy on this one - and a volume discount with the other two Weird Wonder Tales Variants to go with it.

weird_wonder_tales_15_for_15_bucks_001_zpsd5qagws8.png