• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

Cool!Makes it a bit more fun no?And the art on the back cover?

I was obsessed with this record back in the early 90s!Not to get to off topic,but fave track?

Ever seen a copy of DieDie My Darling and Chamber of Chills 19 together?

Okay,I know,it's not a Misfits thread.

To.get back on topic,I did find a Batman Adventures #12 at a pawn shop a few weeks back for. 50 cents....battered,but still awesome.

My Dad has always been very supportive of my collecting comics, he used to take me on bike rides to the corner store to pick up a book. Or take me out to the comic book store to pick out a book or some trading cards. My Dad lives in Montana and I'm in Massachusetts now. Since I got back into collecting and now buying/selling he's been keeping an eye out for comics. He's sent me a few stacks of books over the past couple years, nothing jaw dropping, but today he made a really great find.

My Dad's weed whacker broke today, so he took it to a small engine repair shop for a new part. The man who owns/runs the repair shop is a retired Air Force vet, and aside from repairing engines, he collects what most would deem "junk." My Dad saw the box of comics amongst the "junk" and asked if they were for sale.

Here's what he got:

spring2015_2_zps3cnr22ms.jpg

spring2015_1_zpsag14m3dl.jpg

spring2015_3_zpsrcoqasw0.jpg

spring2015_4_zpszzhybmdw.jpg

spring2015_5_zpsbfe08dhc.jpg

spring2015_7_zpst060rqqx.jpg

spring2015_8_zpsmficlecz.jpg

spring2015_6_zpsj7mwdx6d.jpg

spring2015_9_zpsrdazefkp.jpg

I bought a collection on Saturday.... :insane:

Best part, sharing photos with a few boardie buddies.....

Best book is

Iron Man 55 in 8.0+

Favorite Books are

Giant Size 1974/5 issues (multiple copies in high grade, unread OO)

All the 70's esoteric #1 issues

Favorite non book

Two 1975 Marvel binders

Volume

9 longs, 2 shorts and a stack of treasuries

Best runs

Iron Man 1-200+ missing some and duplicates in the 70's-90's high grade OO

The Surprises

Nova 1, Rom 1 and a handful of newly hot books

Worst Key

ASM 129 filler copy

Drek

Lots of that also

And the story

I followed upon on an ad that was placed quite a while ago and only called the owner last week and told him over the phone to consider the books sold. I made the 320 mile round trip drive through a snow covered pass to meet up and have a cup of coffee and do some comic looking.

The owner was a retired teacher that bought some in the 75-76 time frame with his son and then continued to be the collector for a while past that. He wanted to help his son collect, then realized that he was the collector. He did buy many books off the stands in the 70's in multiple copies so there are quite a few nice bronze books. Not the keys, but definately nice copies. The Giant Sizes were his favorite, so I am now the holder of a very nice grouping of high grade OO off the stands giant sizes. Sadly he did sell his two copies of GS X 1, but only after he was saavy enough to send them both to CGC unpressed and sold them for over $800 and over $500 a few years ago, so I guess he did all right with those. He said that he didn't sell any other books, but I do believe he pulled a few out for safe keeping like a high grade ASM 121, 122 and 129 that were on his list but not in the collection. When I asked, he said straight faced that he didn't sell any others, so It's also possible that someone realized those had value early and decided they needed them more. One will never know but I'm happy to have the sweet bronze off the stand OO books that he still had. :banana:

I'll post up some images as I finally get to scanning a few and I'll post some photos too....

Fun Saturday.

Any copies of Giant size ASM & Punisher 4?

My Dad has always been very supportive of my collecting comics, he used to take me on bike rides to the corner store to pick up a book. Or take me out to the comic book store to pick out a book or some trading cards. My Dad lives in Montana and I'm in Massachusetts now. Since I got back into collecting and now buying/selling he's been keeping an eye out for comics. He's sent me a few stacks of books over the past couple years, nothing jaw dropping, but today he made a really great find.

My Dad's weed whacker broke today, so he took it to a small engine repair shop for a new part. The man who owns/runs the repair shop is a retired Air Force vet, and aside from repairing engines, he collects what most would deem "junk." My Dad saw the box of comics amongst the "junk" and asked if they were for sale.

WOW! That's some great stuff and KILLER condition, too! Damn!

I want to see that Top Cat book...I love Top Cat. :)

Also, my parents HATED my comic collecting, so you're one lucky dude!

Congrats!

Another nice purchase from yesterday. Drove to the east side of OKC to pick up some cardboard boxes and had a little time before meeting a guy about buying some lateral file cabinets. Stopped into a small comic shop and was very surprised to find some of these in their long boxes:

ASM #256 (1st Puma) in high grade

Captain Marvel #14 (1st Kamala Kahn, 3 copies)

Captain Marvel #17 (1st Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel, 2 copies)

Civil War #2

Deadpool: The Circle Chase #3 (1st full Copycat)

Superman #652

Rai #0

Robotech #1

Total investment was only $30.00. I got all 5 of the Captain Marvels for cover price. The Deadpool: Circle Chase was $2.00 and the Rai #0 was only a buck. :grin:

Nice lil pickup :applause:

I was wondering if you could post a pic of the file cabinets you mentioned you use for storage. Very interested in seeing them

Here's a pic showing one of the 36" wide lateral file cabinets with a drawer pulled. I can go 5 columns wide with the 42" wide cabinets.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

Here's a pic showing one of the 36" wide lateral file cabinets with a drawer pulled. I can go 5 columns wide with the 42" wide cabinets.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

That is amazing sir. I think I may need to start looking for those Laterals. That definitely helps!!

Thanks

Nice finds everyone. You guys left no stone unturned this weekend it seems

Well, I just had another successful buy. :grin:

This did not come by way of Craig's List or Flea Market. I found this through pure luck. With the few collections I have bought, word of mouth and luck have served me better overall than the internet.

So anyway, I just started going to the gym again 2 weeks ago. This week, as I am finishing up and doing my stretches, a local guy whom my wife knows (she use to work for the one and only real antique business where I live) starts asking me if I would be "in" for participating in a local collectables show in the Spring (he knows I buy and sell comics).

As we are talking about it on the mats, a different guy chimes in and says he has a bunch of comics he needs to unload and asks me if I'd take a look. We exchange phone numbers. That was Wednesday. This morning, he calls me at 9:30 AM and we arrange to meet in the afternoon. After some loooong negotiations,I walked away with:

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Avengers from #183 - #229 + Giant Size Annual #2,3,5,6 and King Size Annuals #7,8,9,11

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Fantastic Four from #159 to #254 with King Size Annuals #12, 13,14,16 and 17

The real joy though was that I also picked up an assortment of other 1st appearances and some sweet early silver age FF issues...

2_zpsa74f57d9.jpg

dd168_zps1b43d6f7.jpg

tt2_zps8847e7b0.jpg

ff18_zpsd9c2a754.jpg

ff44_zpsa185dba4.jpg

ff53_zpsc5e94487.jpg :cloud9:

ff56_zpsff713394.jpg

The guy has a few more things I am going to do some R&D and go back to see what we can work out but most of the good stuff, I got ;)

I was scrolling through the thread and forgot to give a bit of an update...I am still waiting on several others to get back from CGC but I was very pleased with this one...

FF%2053%20CGC%209%200_zpszdyna5e6.jpg

Well, I just had another successful buy. :grin:

This did not come by way of Craig's List or Flea Market. I found this through pure luck. With the few collections I have bought, word of mouth and luck have served me better overall than the internet.

So anyway, I just started going to the gym again 2 weeks ago. This week, as I am finishing up and doing my stretches, a local guy whom my wife knows (she use to work for the one and only real antique business where I live) starts asking me if I would be "in" for participating in a local collectables show in the Spring (he knows I buy and sell comics).

As we are talking about it on the mats, a different guy chimes in and says he has a bunch of comics he needs to unload and asks me if I'd take a look. We exchange phone numbers. That was Wednesday. This morning, he calls me at 9:30 AM and we arrange to meet in the afternoon. After some loooong negotiations,I walked away with:

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Avengers from #183 - #229 + Giant Size Annual #2,3,5,6 and King Size Annuals #7,8,9,11

A few issues shy of a near complete run of Fantastic Four from #159 to #254 with King Size Annuals #12, 13,14,16 and 17

The real joy though was that I also picked up an assortment of other 1st appearances and some sweet early silver age FF issues...

2_zpsa74f57d9.jpg

dd168_zps1b43d6f7.jpg

tt2_zps8847e7b0.jpg

ff18_zpsd9c2a754.jpg

ff44_zpsa185dba4.jpg

ff53_zpsc5e94487.jpg :cloud9:

ff56_zpsff713394.jpg

The guy has a few more things I am going to do some R&D and go back to see what we can work out but most of the good stuff, I got ;)

I was scrolling through the thread and forgot to give a bit of an update...I am still waiting on several others to get back from CGC but I was very pleased with this one...

FF%2053%20CGC%209%200_zpszdyna5e6.jpg

That was a sweet find and congrats on the grade. I'm hoping to have a few high grade slabs come out of the last group I bought too...

Stopped by a thrift shop in the island today and found a few copper/modern valiants, x-force & x-factor keys, also found this sticker album in there which had a copper Art Adams cover which I kinda dug, didnt think much of it until I opened it now and found out its all full! And there are tons of Art Adams drawing in it from his copper years too!

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

unsure how to add pics on this site but purchased these books at a local comic show and have them up on ebay (3 miracle man tpb's and a new mutants annual #2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181703464571?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171737332837?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

if there is someone who would be able to guide me along on adding pics without a link i'm all ears

unsure how to add pics on this site but purchased these books at a local comic show and have them up on ebay (3 miracle man tpb's and a new mutants annual #2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181703464571?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171737332837?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

if there is someone who would be able to guide me along on adding pics without a link i'm all ears

Photobucket. There is a tutorial in the noob thread i think.

Picked up a few runs at a local mall show... it was mostly sports card people but the one comic dealer that is always there has a lot of $1 or less stuff that he puts out... most are in nice shape too.

Picked up almost a complete run of 1-55 of the 2003 Superman/Batman series.

Picked up 20 issues in the 1991 Deathsthroke the Terminator series.... AND...

Picked up 20 issues in the 1987 Suicide Squad series ... no #23, but there was a #38 (there is some smudging on the black on the left and right, but that is find by me)... all for 50c a piece or less... SMILES!

SuiSquad38_zpsi14jzzof.jpg

...edited issue #.... d'oh...

Edited by 00comics