• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

And your point is what . . . ? lol This is a Darkhawk appreciation thread, is it not? hm

:gossip: Actually it's not THAT large at all. :grin:

Let's see this stack of Darkhawks anyways... :baiting:

I'll get a few scans up later today (busy weekend). :grin:

Took a week longer to get to me than I thought, but BOOM

one and only (obviously) CGC SS

DH20220SS_zpskyavok2e.jpg

I thought I had posted in here but I guess not; this is a commission from Brian Atkins from last year. Since DH was in Avengers Arena it gave me an excuse to use a blank for a character actually in the series, which is always a bonus.

20141130_112738_zps014f35d8.jpg

Took a week longer to get to me than I thought, but BOOM

one and only (obviously) CGC SS

DH20220SS_zpskyavok2e.jpg

Sweet! :applause: I remember reading that book when it came out. :acclaim:

I might have asked before, but has anyone come across any mark jeweler's inserts for any of the early darkhawk comics, and/or has anyone come across any double covers?

I might have asked before, but has anyone come across any mark jeweler's inserts for any of the early darkhawk comics, and/or has anyone come across any double covers?

I own enough Darkhawk #1's to say that no mark jeweler inserts exist for that book. I also have not encounter any double covers yet.

I own enough Darkhawk #1's to say that no mark jeweler inserts exist for that book. I also have not encounter any double covers yet.

Same on both accounts.

There is a Marvel WAM! insert in issue #9.

BTW, sweet new books everyone! :headbang:

How many copies you own is irrelevant honestly. Obtaining MJI books matters where they came from, not how many you have. Ive owned over a thousand copies of a single book, and none had the MJ insert, that I know for a fact existed.

That being said, there is zero chance any Darkhawk copies have MJ inserts because Marvel and MJ agreed to end their relationship at the end of 1990, and only agreed to continue the inserts into 1991 to exhaust the already printed ads. These overstocked ads were simply inserted into the books that they had previously been inserted in, until they ran out. There would have been no plan in place to add them to new books, and if you are a true MJ collector, you know how serious they were about finding out what titles were selling the most jewelry. These extra copies would have been placed in their already chosen titles.

If you do find a copy of Darkhawk 1-5 with a MJ insert, I would strongly suggest checking out the cut of the insert,see how it matches with the rest of the pages of the book, and closely inspect the staples for any manipulation ( scratching mostly ) and inspect the staple holes. The only way I see any copy of darkhawk with a MJI existing, is one being married to it.

A few double covers ( or multiple covers ) most likely exist, but there wont be any proof until we see them. Anything with a print run over 100k, mathematically speaking, should have at least one. Typically, there is 1 double cover in about 10,000 copies, unless it was just one of those days at the printers. For instance I've seen and owned more Uncanny Xmen #202 double covers than anything else, it almost feels like they were printed every 200 copies. I once found two DC's of this book back to back in overstock. Of course, it could go the other way as well for different books, and there could be only 1 or 2, or even none, that's just extremely unlikely however.