• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Thrills%20Incorporated0%2021_zpsbevxapje.jpg

Flex, I love seeing comics I've never seen before. :applause:

I'm curious:

Are the interiors printed in color?

Also, I was wondering if the comics have backup features with characters not featured on the cover?

Great stuff!

I thought I'd post them because the look and feel is somewhat reminiscent of Williamson and EC sci fi. The interiors are in fact like pulps, with single b& w illos and text stories. They are very thin and flimsy and about half the size of a comic book. Very rare, though I wouldnt say that makes them especially collectible.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Bang,

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread. The comics and memorabilia you have shared is mind blowing. I am a big fan of pre-hero DC Adventure Comics, especially with the jungle themes - just some incredible covers.

Any chance you would be willing to post some DC pre hero Adventure Comics with the jungle themed covers?

Also, I'm not sure if you have said anything to this, but what is your favor publisher from the early to mid Golden Age? Any favorite artists or run of books that you enjoy above all else?

John, through the years I periodically go through phases where I do become more focused on certain publishers . There have been times when I was super interested in Centaur, other times it was Street & Smith, another time it was Novelty Press, etc.

However, if I had to name only two publishers that year after year I always love, it's DC and Dell. They were my childhood favorites and I still love both of them.

Regarding Adventure Comics with jungle themed covers: I promise I'll go through my boxes to see what I've got that might be of interest to you.

Sounds great! I'm with you on DC being a childhood favorite. While I enjoy many different publishers in different eras, it seems that I always come back to DC for that great base of heroes that anchored the Golden Age.