• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,423 posts in this topic

It does say ONE OF A KIND or lone top census CGC SS books

If it's the only double cover 9.8SS it certainly qualifies for the ONE OF A KIND part? (shrug)

Or maybe I'm wrong as well...

+1

If you go back and read the first post, the "One of a Kind" portion refers to a book being the only SS book of that particular issue on the census. If a book is the only SS book on the census, then it's automatically the top census copy for Signature Series. However, if there are other copies, but your copy is the only one in the highest grade for that issue, then it still qualifies.

In this case, "One of a Kind" specifically excludes sketches, inscriptions, manufacturing defects or a multitude of other things (like double covers) that may make a book unique, but still doesn't make it the lone top census copy. The census dictates what fits in this thread.

I hope that helps.

Cheers man a lot more clearer

If it's the only double cover 9.8SS it certainly qualifies for the ONE OF A KIND part? (shrug)

+1

If you go back and read the first post, the "One of a Kind" portion refers to a book being the only SS book of that particular issue on the census. If a book is the only SS book on the census, then it's automatically the top census copy for Signature Series. However, if there are other copies, but your copy is the only one in the highest grade for that issue, then it still qualifies.

In this case, "One of a Kind" specifically excludes sketches, inscriptions, manufacturing defects or a multitude of other things (like double covers) that may make a book unique, but still doesn't make it the lone top census copy. The census dictates what fits in this thread.

I hope that helps.

Like a Soldier deploying a Claymore, I see the light, I see the light I see the light...

+1

I hope that helps.

Like a Soldier deploying a Claymore, I see the light, I see the light I see the light...

And just like a claymore it stung a little too ;)

Right now there are 2 universal 9.8's, but this is the only 9.8 SS.

Tales%20of%20the%20TMNT%202%20SS.jpg

got 2 for ya.

Really thought this might go higher than 9.8...either way, happy to finally get a templesmith. Also if you haven't read this comic, you should. Its fun, and hopefully will still become an animated series...

WGC20SS_zpsx8qev7gi.jpg

And for my new pride and joy....

DH20220SS_zpskyavok2e.jpg

As I am not a member, I am having a hard time navigating through the CGC site. Can anyone tell me where I could find if there are any Action Comics #869 (specifically the recalled cover) SS listed?

As I am not a member, I am having a hard time navigating through the CGC site. Can anyone tell me where I could find if there are any Action Comics #869 (specifically the recalled cover) SS listed?

Without being a member, I'm not sure you can navigate the site.

I use mycomicshop sometimes, but they don't update for a LONG, LONG time.

But for Action 869 recalled there are 19 at CGC 9.8. soooo....yeah....

Edited by Revat

Cool...Were any of them signed though?

Cool...Were any of them signed though?

I'm just talking about the signed ones. Get the free membership to CGC. Its worth it.

Been a little while since I've been in here with something worthy of showing----and I want to thank Torrey Quella for his help in getting these done! :thumbsup:

Torrey really went above and beyond, IMHO, to knock these out---Ostrander was pretty much vacant at this show.

Thanks, TQ!!!

Suicide Squad #1 CGC 9.4 s/s John Ostrander

Lone top census s/s copy

suicidesquad1.jpg

Awesome books! Would've gotten them signed as well but I'm planning a trip to Europe with the wife and the GBP kicks the USD in the nuts by an overage of $.65.

Congrats on those able to get Ostrander signed books. Very rare indeed.

c3b6e56c-d699-4f71-81e4-25941ddd027e_zps99n0bjjn.jpg

This is not the right thread for this post. Feel free to re read the first post of the thread for the rules