• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

I can't remember the name.... but the episode about the inbred country family was one of the most disturbing one's that I recall..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Home

Home_Opening.jpg

Edited by micmack

I can't remember the name.... but the episode about the inbred country family was one of the most disturbing one's that I recall..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Home

Home_Opening.jpg

:fear:

I think the '24' Live Another Day was a successful experiment on bringing back the franchise for a limited run. (Best Superbowl teaser commercials from 2014) I would love to see 'X-Files' back in a similar fashion.

I hope they bring back The Lone Gunmen ala the comic books. But, seeing as how Fox hated them with a passion - that's probably a long shot.

I just want to experience the magic again, even for a short while. That show brings back so many super memories.

Me, too. It was just a great show, and a great time to watch it, too.

And now it is 'official'.

Fox Officially Revives THE X-FILES; David Duchovny And Gillian Anderson Will Return

Mulder and Scully fans rejoice! Today Fox officially announced the the return of The X-Files as a six-part event series, scheduled to begin production this summer.

Here are the quotes from the press release.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said series creator Chris Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.” “We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of The X-Files – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” added Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group. “The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

:whee:

Chris Carter was one of the writer of the comic book season 10, it follows from the film, so if the new mini-series continues from it, that would be pretty stellar to have media flowing from TV to Movie to Comic, back to TV again, while staying canon

Edited by CBT

Chris Carter was one of the writer of the comic book season 10, it follows from the film, so if the new mini-series continues from it, that would be pretty stellar to have media flowing from TV to Movie to Comic, back to TV again, while staying canon

Were the comics any good?

‘X-Files’ Creator Chris Carter Talks New Limited Series; Hopes To Bring Everyone Back

Behind the camera, Carter confirmed Darin Morgan and James Wong, both writers on the original series, as well as composer Mark Snow, will return. However, cinematographer/director Bill Roe and director Rob Bowman are currently working on ABC’s Castle and may not return depending on their schedules.

In terms of whether the limited series would leave the door open to future X-Files installments or wrap up the show once and for all, the creator did not want to give a definite answer. However, Carter did reassure that the series would stay true to the type of storytelling used by the original X-Files:

“We’re going to tell X-Files the way that we’ve always told them; we will of course set them in the time and place that they exist. We’re telling contemporary stories about contemporary situations, true to Mulder and Scully’s characters and their relationship and the passage of time.”

‘X-Files’ Creator Chris Carter Talks New Limited Series; Hopes To Bring Everyone Back

Behind the camera, Carter confirmed Darin Morgan and James Wong, both writers on the original series, as well as composer Mark Snow, will return. However, cinematographer/director Bill Roe and director Rob Bowman are currently working on ABC’s Castle and may not return depending on their schedules.

In terms of whether the limited series would leave the door open to future X-Files installments or wrap up the show once and for all, the creator did not want to give a definite answer. However, Carter did reassure that the series would stay true to the type of storytelling used by the original X-Files:

“We’re going to tell X-Files the way that we’ve always told them; we will of course set them in the time and place that they exist. We’re telling contemporary stories about contemporary situations, true to Mulder and Scully’s characters and their relationship and the passage of time.”

Darrin Morgan (writer of my favorite eps) and Mark Snow (that music)! Also looking at James Wong's writing for X-Files (EBE, Musings of a Cigarettes Smoking Man etc). This promises to be quite good!

Should be good as long as they stick with the aliens "arc". The last movie was garbage...

I never liked the alien arcs. They beat it to death. I loved the early seasons creature features and all the crime anomalies not associated with aliens.

Ultimately my favorite eps are the stand alones. Rare is an arc that can be sustained well. They get too convoluted and lead to sometimes ridiculous premises.

The cigarette smoking man and Skinner are back for the return.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/01/the-x-files-david-duchovny-confirms-the-return-of-the-cigarette-/

The X-Files' David Duchovny Confirms the Return of the Cigarette Smoking Man

Former FBI Director Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and CGB Spender, the Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis) will join David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in the forthcoming revival of The X-Files, David Duchovny confirmed during an interview on The Late Show With David Letterman.