• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Anti-Monitor Book to have?

Key Anti-Monitor Book  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Key Anti-Monitor Book

27 posts in this topic

No idea who Anti Monitor is , apparently he's going to a be a big player?

I looked up 1st anti monitor on ebay....and a couple listings are billing # 6 as his 1st app...There are also a couple CGC slabs up, but the sellers are billing them as "1st Wildcat App".

The CGC label notes do not make any mention of either character.

anti%20monitor_zps8h2plmd4.jpg

I haven't heard anything about him being a big player in anything. I just loved the character in COIE and I was just wondering what everyone was thinking was the best Anti-Monitor book to have. Just wondering if this was anything like Jimmy Olsen 134 & Forever People 1, Superman Man of Steel 17 & 18, or even Hulk 180 & 181.

The COIE books are not even close when it comes to importance of the above mentioned. I was just wondering for my own sake. I already own all four of the books in the poll.

CopperAgeKids[/s]LamePoser]No idea who Anti Monitor is

:facepalm:

I've always wondered why nobody tried to copy the hot mainstream titles of the time using anthropomorphic reptiles. That could have been a defining creation of the Copper Age. :insane:

I was just wondering which book is the "key" book to have for the Anti-Monitor. Crisis on Infinite Earths has many versions of him. But is one book more desired than the rest?

I don't think so, but I'll go with COIE 5, the revelation.

I was just wondering which book is the "key" book to have for the Anti-Monitor. Crisis on Infinite Earths has many versions of him. But is one book more desired than the rest?

I don't think so, but I'll go with COIE 5, the revelation.

Thank you for the response (thumbs u

I looked up 1st anti monitor on ebay....and a couple listings are billing # 6 as his 1st app...There are also a couple CGC slabs up, but the sellers are billing them as "1st Wildcat App".

Your screen name is CopperAgeKids, and you do not know who the Anti-Monitor is? :baiting: Crisis is one of the most important evens in the the last 30 plus years.

Edited by maraxusofkeld

Since the Anti monitor turned out to be Hank Hall shouldn't his first appearance be from the Silver age Hawk and Dove series, or was there a showcase tryout first?

:gossip: That was Monarch from the Armageddon 2001 event.

Your screen name is CopperAgeKids, and you do not know who the Anti-Monitor is? :baiting: Crisis is one of the most important evens in the the last 30 plus years.

Not about to disagree with that statement but I grew up in the 80's and mostly read Marvels.

Miller Daredevil's, Simonson Thor's,Spidey's (just up til the Macfarlane era) ...I was never much of a DC kid.

I chose CopperAgeKids as my trade name, and board name, because that is the era of my childhood.....and if I am to be honest, it is the era that is still growing in terms of value and has ample room for exponential growth....and it is more affordable, in relation to collecting silver age books.

Well I think the Antimonitor was DC's answer to Galactus....maybe you should also put Galactus's 1st appearance as well.........

I've also heard that this Antimonitor has a herald as well now........and he's fast and already killed someone

lol Yeah, quite remarkable isn't it?

Well I think the Antimonitor was DC's answer to Galactus....maybe you should also put Galactus's 1st appearance as well.........

I've also heard that this Antimonitor has a herald as well now........and he's fast and already killed someone

I had no idea the Anti-Monitor had come back as a major player since I don't read Modern Age books that often.

The Anti-Monitor And Death Kills Darkseid

That's a hardcore battle from those images.