• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Some of what you quoted was set-up stuff that was done in the Agent Carter TV show (and tied into the SHIELD tv show).

The events of those shows will likely tie back into the movies eventually (since they both were spin-offs from the movies to begin with). That's done easily with a 2 minute backstory of the character if necessary.

But Marvel is also getting to the point where they're saying "look, we're not hand-holding anymore. Figure it out. You're smart enough to do it. We've covered it somewhere so far" the same way they do with comics (flight of fancy: I can only image the applause the movie would get if an editor's note box popped up in the corner of a screen at some point down the line)

(flight of fancy: I can only image the applause the movie would get if an editor's note box popped up in the corner of a screen at some point down the line)

That would probably be a perfect fit in a Deadpool movie.

He won't or won't he? hm

Remember Sebastian Stan signed for 3 more pictures with Marvel.

Chris Evans is signed to be in Avengers 3 which comes after the Cap Civil War movie. It will happen at some point as Sebastian Stan is signed on for nine movies.

The infinity war involves strong timeline changing events, including resurrections, with the power of the stones unleashed. I wouldnt count on Evans not dying in Civil War, its the most compelling part of the event, and sort of the point.

Just a bunch of heroes slugging it out, not going to cut it, and not Marvels style. Also, Peggy Carter has already introduced Dr. Faustus and put him into the Shield infiltration by Hydra story by having him as cellmates of Zola.

With Sharon already set up as well. I'd almost guarantee you are on the wrong side of this bet, its pretty much a lock that he dies in Civil War, or its immediate aftermath (if they end it with him being arrested, he is still going to die via the CW storyline, in one of the following films).

I'm not following half of what you are talking about. Does this have to do with the TV shows? I know they said their would be some tie-in, but you can't expect a non-comic book reader to walk in off the street to see a movie and have any idea of what is going on if they don't watch the TV shows as well.

If you are familiar with the Infinity Gauntlet storyline you might know where he's coming from in regards to how Marvel might pull off his death and appearance in Avengers 3. The first paragraph is all you really need to pay attention to as to how it may play out.

Basically, Cap dies in Civil War. However, the events that unfold in Avengers 3: The Infinity War will ultimately result in Cap being resurrected with other heroes that may have died.

Some of what you quoted was set-up stuff that was done in the Agent Carter TV show (and tied into the SHIELD tv show).

The events of those shows will likely tie back into the movies eventually (since they both were spin-offs from the movies to begin with). That's done easily with a 2 minute backstory of the character if necessary.

But Marvel is also getting to the point where they're saying "look, we're not hand-holding anymore. Figure it out. You're smart enough to do it. We've covered it somewhere so far" the same way they do with comics (flight of fancy: I can only image the applause the movie would get if an editor's note box popped up in the corner of a screen at some point down the line)

I get that feeling also, and I think that is going to be trouble for them.

(flight of fancy: I can only image the applause the movie would get if an editor's note box popped up in the corner of a screen at some point down the line)

I really want to see this done, now.

:D

-slym

I really want to see this done, now.

:D

Deadpool could look at the corner of the screen, point at it, and turn to the audience and say "get off your eBay app, nerds! You're in a movie theater!"

Speaking of Deadpool…looks like there is a rush for New X-Men #115 now.

Very minor and insignificant character that was never even in a Deadpool comic but if there's a buck to be made, I'm all for it.

It appears that whoever is sitting on 100 copies of this dollar binner updated the wiki page already lol

This seems a little excessive to me. Forcing the market by turning a $20 book into a $300 overnight. Seller lists the book as "on fire," despite zero recent sales and other auctions hovering in the $25 range. :facepalm: Dark times ahead my friends.

Ridiculous I Kill Giants Listing

no one will buy it so it doesn't matter

True. Still makes me wonder how much movie speculation the market can handle before it implodes doh!

This seems a little excessive to me. Forcing the market by turning a $20 book into a $300 overnight. Seller lists the book as "on fire," despite zero recent sales and other auctions hovering in the $25 range. :facepalm: Dark times ahead my friends.

True. Still makes me wonder how much movie speculation the market can handle before it implodes doh!

I am sure by now some are realizing they are receiving the returns they used to get.

But, if you got the time and the money to buy 50 books at a time you can afford to take some hits.

I don't see it slowing down until after the DC move. Right they are scrambling for all the DC keys they can find.

Not much more. I suspect it will start to water down the impact as opposed to an implosion.

Especially with the long lead times. Optioning seems like it's more of a matter of "dibs" at this point than actual intent to execute a show/movie.

Put it on a speculator web site and they will come. I mean really

I would love to see an experiment on it.