• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

YBxzZym.jpg?2

Another successful Sunday morning at the flea market... $40 for the lot... I paid a bit too much for the puzzle, but it was a grail find for me in the wild... And a factory sealed MoS 18? And I'm always happy to pick up some vinyl as well. (thumbs u

Another successful Sunday morning at the flea market... $40 for the lot... I paid a bit too much for the puzzle, but it was a grail find for me in the wild... And a factory sealed MoS 18? And I'm always happy to pick up some vinyl as well. (thumbs u

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Eclectic tastes + true Flea Market Finds + light $$ = ^^

I bought a collection on Saturday.... :insane:

Best part, sharing photos with a few boardie buddies.....

Best book is

Iron Man 55 in 8.0+

Favorite Books are

Giant Size 1974/5 issues (multiple copies in high grade, unread OO)

All the 70's esoteric #1 issues

Favorite non book

Two 1975 Marvel binders

Volume

9 longs, 2 shorts and a stack of treasuries

Best runs

Iron Man 1-200+ missing some and duplicates in the 70's-90's high grade OO

The Surprises

Nova 1, Rom 1 and a handful of newly hot books

Worst Key

ASM 129 filler copy

Drek

Lots of that also

And the story

I followed upon on an ad that was placed quite a while ago and only called the owner last week and told him over the phone to consider the books sold. I made the 320 mile round trip drive through a snow covered pass to meet up and have a cup of coffee and do some comic looking.

The owner was a retired teacher that bought some in the 75-76 time frame with his son and then continued to be the collector for a while past that. He wanted to help his son collect, then realized that he was the collector. He did buy many books off the stands in the 70's in multiple copies so there are quite a few nice bronze books. Not the keys, but definately nice copies. The Giant Sizes were his favorite, so I am now the holder of a very nice grouping of high grade OO off the stands giant sizes. Sadly he did sell his two copies of GS X 1, but only after he was saavy enough to send them both to CGC unpressed and sold them for over $800 and over $500 a few years ago, so I guess he did all right with those. He said that he didn't sell any other books, but I do believe he pulled a few out for safe keeping like a high grade ASM 121, 122 and 129 that were on his list but not in the collection. When I asked, he said straight faced that he didn't sell any others, so It's also possible that someone realized those had value early and decided they needed them more. One will never know but I'm happy to have the sweet bronze off the stand OO books that he still had. :banana:

I'll post up some images as I finally get to scanning a few and I'll post some photos too....

Fun Saturday.

154098.jpg.282b6fdd2201f15d2a7bd47e36ec5ae3.jpg

154099.jpg.92a5a27aa8021fbf8e7ab50b1ca5a7ba.jpg

154100.jpg.39a2ac507f0c6225d8add40c4748bdc7.jpg

154103.jpg.9abd5f1fcf0add62b064212bdfef7f80.jpg

154104.jpg.0c22f938da6c6beb831c10b78a432056.jpg

Best book is

Iron Man 55 in 8.0+

Favorite Books are

Favorite non book

Two 1975 Marvel binders

Volume

Best runs

The Surprises

Worst Key

ASM 129 filler copy

Drek

Lots of that also

And the story

I followed upon on an ad that was placed quite a while ago and only called the owner last week and told him over the phone to consider the books sold. I made the 320 mile round trip drive through a snow covered pass to meet up and have a cup of coffee and do some comic looking.

The owner was a retired teacher that bought some in the 75-76 time frame with his son and then continued to be the collector for a while past that. He wanted to help his son collect, then realized that he was the collector. He did buy many books off the stands in the 70's in multiple copies so there are quite a few nice bronze books. Not the keys, but definately nice copies. The Giant Sizes were his favorite, so I am now the holder of a very nice grouping of high grade OO off the stands giant sizes. Sadly he did sell his two copies of GS X 1, but only after he was saavy enough to send them both to CGC unpressed and sold them for over $800 and over $500 a few years ago, so I guess he did all right with those. He said that he didn't sell any other books, but I do believe he pulled a few out for safe keeping like a high grade ASM 121, 122 and 129 that were on his list but not in the collection. When I asked, he said straight faced that he didn't sell any others, so It's also possible that someone realized those had value early and decided they needed them more. One will never know but I'm happy to have the sweet bronze off the stand OO books that he still had. :banana:

I'll post up some images as I finally get to scanning a few and I'll post some photos too....

Fun Saturday.

Whoa! Nice score! :applause:

Finally found time to post my Wednesday purchases from 3 different area stores:

1st stop - Second Chance Books

th_Second%20Chance%20Books%20Purchase%203-25-15%201_zpsn3sbowkd.jpgth_Second%20Chance%20Books%20Purchase%203-25-15%202_zpsqout38wr.jpg

2nd stop - All Star Comics

th_All-Star%20Comics%20Purchase%203-25-15_zpsrgso4zkr.jpg

3rd stop - Vintage Stock

th_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%201_zps8nhfjzah.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%202_zpsoisktnbn.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%203_zpsdki580en.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%204_zps0t1pdrqr.jpg

th_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%205_zpsxdkcv3a4.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%206_zps9xtqwesi.jpgth_Vintage%20Stock%20Purchase%203-25-15%207_zps66ltp11k.jpg

Total investment for the day (all of the comics above) = $145 :banana:

And I FINALLY found a Superman Adventures #5 (1st Livewire) in the wild. :)

Best book is

Iron Man 55 in 8.0+

Favorite Books are

Favorite non book

Two 1975 Marvel binders

Volume

Best runs

The Surprises

Worst Key

ASM 129 filler copy

Drek

Lots of that also

And the story

Fun Saturday.

yeah, it was fun, doing a little scanning now

Whoa! Nice score! :applause:

154105.jpg.3b467c0ddb433d7d076d20a1a43d3698.jpg

154106.jpg.f57fded52c67221bd8939e61533086cf.jpg

154107.jpg.7279ac9825e368f05095ad7d8d6045e7.jpg

154108.jpg.ad45b25b849962973689c4b410c2e6bf.jpg

154109.jpg.a2f5c29c8ddb761d6b94d6e2bc05ec63.jpg

YBxzZym.jpg?2

I'm betting if that's a first run of the Legacy of Brutality lp,if you hold the record up to the light,you should be able to see through it like a rootbeer coloured marble.

Cheap,cheap,cheap wax was used!

YBxzZym.jpg?2

(worship) That Alien puzzle is an amazing find for the price. I've not been able to find one with an asking price much less than $300. Been trying to find one in the wild for years, no luck. Congrats!

Another nice purchase from yesterday. Drove to the east side of OKC to pick up some cardboard boxes and had a little time before meeting a guy about buying some lateral file cabinets. Stopped into a small comic shop and was very surprised to find some of these in their long boxes:

Empire%20Strikes%20Purchase%203-29-15_zpsfo6myqqr.jpg

ASM #256 (1st Puma) in high grade

Captain Marvel #14 (1st Kamala Kahn, 3 copies)

Captain Marvel #17 (1st Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel, 2 copies)

Civil War #2

Deadpool: The Circle Chase #3 (1st full Copycat)

Superman #652

Rai #0

Robotech #1

Total investment was only $30.00. I got all 5 of the Captain Marvels for cover price. The Deadpool: Circle Chase was $2.00 and the Rai #0 was only a buck. :grin:

YBxzZym.jpg?2

(worship) That Alien puzzle is an amazing find for the price. I've not been able to find one with an asking price much less than $300. Been trying to find one in the wild for years, no luck. Congrats!

Thanks everyone. The moment I saw it on the table I got goose flesh... it has been a personal Grail of mine for a long time! The guy wanted $30 but I handed him a $20 and asked him for the good guy discount... lol it worked! I didn't realize it was retailing for so much though... If I did I would have just gave him the $30 and been on my way... But I love wheeling and dealing at the flea market... So it's always hard for me not to haggle or barter when I see something I like. The Misfits LP is not made of wax.. Maybe next time though! Both LP's sound great and I was glad to add them to my record collection as well. After I complete the puzzle I'll throw up a photo or two (thumbs u

Another nice purchase from yesterday. Drove to the east side of OKC to pick up some cardboard boxes and had a little time before meeting a guy about buying some lateral file cabinets. Stopped into a small comic shop and was very surprised to find some of these in their long boxes:

ASM #256 (1st Puma) in high grade

Captain Marvel #14 (1st Kamala Kahn, 3 copies)

Captain Marvel #17 (1st Kamala Kahn as Ms. Marvel, 2 copies)

Civil War #2

Deadpool: The Circle Chase #3 (1st full Copycat)

Superman #652

Rai #0

Robotech #1

Total investment was only $30.00. I got all 5 of the Captain Marvels for cover price. The Deadpool: Circle Chase was $2.00 and the Rai #0 was only a buck. :grin:

Nice lil pickup :applause:

I was wondering if you could post a pic of the file cabinets you mentioned you use for storage. Very interested in seeing them

@Count Zero....by wax I meant vinyl..hold it up to the light,and see if it's partly translucent...

9Z2iYQL.jpg?1

Ahh yes. You called it. Indeed it is partly translucent. That is my lamp shinning through the other side.