• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
18 18

11,080 posts in this topic

Geez, that was quick. Didn't have time to contribute. Since comiccon is still awhile away, there should be time yet, correct?

Yeah, sorry. I know a couple of you wanted to add something. I shut the charity thread down so it didn't take away anything from the other one.

I did suggest that if you'd like to donate stuff for sale, just do it in your own thread and you can get the PayPal info from me then.

Straight up cash donations are more than welcome as well. Just PM me. (thumbs u

Thanks Jeff and all. (thumbs u

Yeah, sorry. I know a couple of you wanted to add something. I shut the charity thread down so it didn't take away anything from the other one.

:applause: Thanks. I'll do as you suggest.

I have a rare Saturday off and Im on my 4th Jack & Coke at 6pm.....

Havent posted this in a while. A great piece by Shiverbones. Halloweenized OAAW 112

ooaw112100.jpg

That's way cool. The line work is right on the mark in terms of Kubert's style!

You guys who contributed to the Sam Glanzman fundraiser thread, thanks to you all so much! Those were some generous offerings and I am especially grateful to Andy for organizing it. You are, as always, a true gentleman, sir!

We will be underwriting Sam's and Sue's plane fare and Comic-Con will be helping with the hotel accommodations. As we've done in the past, there will be an auction at the banquet. Afterward, any remaining funds left in the account will be divided in half. 1/2 will remain in the account for future underwriting efforts. 1/4 will go as a $$ gift to Heath and 1/4 will go as a $$ gift to Glanzman. The guys at the banquet want to keep the banquet rolling but we've identified $$ support for these great artists as another priority.

I haven't posted one of these in awhile and this is one that Andy was kind enough to sell me awhile back.

ssws66_zps8bab6e4b.jpg

You guys who contributed to the Sam Glanzman fundraiser thread, thanks to you all so much! Those were some generous offerings and I am especially grateful to Andy for organizing it. You are, as always, a true gentleman, sir!

We will be underwriting Sam's and Sue's plane fare and Comic-Con will be helping with the hotel accommodations. As we've done in the past, there will be an auction at the banquet. Afterward, any remaining funds left in the account will be divided in half. 1/2 will remain in the account for future underwriting efforts. 1/4 will go as a $$ gift to Heath and 1/4 will go as a $$ gift to Glanzman. The guys at the banquet want to keep the banquet rolling but we've identified $$ support for these great artists as another priority.

I haven't posted one of these in awhile and this is one that Andy was kind enough to sell me awhile back.

ssws66_zps8bab6e4b.jpg

:headbang:

Seeing books like these remind me of why I love war books so much. :cloud9:

In reality, the guy on the cover will likely be dead in about 1 second. :fear:

Also, I've started up a Weird War Tales- Survivor Series over in Comics General.

Follow the link and vote off your least faves.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8560527#Post8560527

(thumbs u

I have a rare Saturday off and Im on my 4th Jack & Coke at 6pm.....

Havent posted this in a while. A great piece by Shiverbones. Halloweenized OAAW 112

ooaw112100.jpg

That's way cool. The line work is right on the mark in terms of Kubert's style!

Agreed! Shiver me Kubert :headbang:

So well done!!

..and, the Survivor Series for Weird War Tales is trucking along.

Round 3 has begun. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8572188#Post8572188 We've got 60 covers and are voting off your least favourite 30.

Get your votes in immediately, as soon as you read this.

This Round will be over tonight at 4:00 PM EST and I'll be starting up Round 4 right away. Round 4 will have the top 30 covers, and we'll be voting off 20 of them. That will be incredibly difficult.

Please don't miss any of these very important rounds. :wishluck:

Thanks,

Andy

This just came back from CGC:

DSC_0007%20804x1280_zps0qcjk09d.jpg

congratulations! I just purchased a lower grade on the boards yesterday.

Yes, I saw that. Congratulations to you too. It's a classic war book with an amazing cover.

Very nice. my copy is also a 5.5 purchased on the boards a few years ago.

I was also gifted a copy from a very generous boardie. When I got my 5.5, I gifted the first copy to another boardie. :cloud9:

In a way, it's sad that GIC 87 will likely never attain the status that OAAW 83 does.

Very nice. my copy is also a 5.5 purchased on the boards a few years ago.

I was also gifted a copy from a very generous boardie. When I got my 5.5, I gifted the first copy to another boardie. :cloud9:

In a way, it's sad that GIC 87 will likely never attain the status that OAAW 83 does.

It's not as rare across the board as OAAW, but it's extremely difficult in high grade like the OAAW. There are a lot of cool things going for it. . .not the least of which is that the vast majority of the stories are by Heath. There never was before and never would be again any issue of Big-5 that was as big of a Heath issue as GIC 87 (with the Heath cover, full Heath HT story, and Heath back-up). It's great Heath through and through.

Edited by Comick1