• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

Just read this crazy little gem from 1967.

photo ABC_zpsux9s9cqb.jpg

I've never seen one of these in person. Were the stories reprints from older comics or adaptations from the cartoons?

The stories are mostly reprints, and the FF and ASM stories were trimmed to 10 pages each.

From Wikipedia:

The stories, in order, are:

• 1 a 10-page, edited Casper reprint, "The Flying Horse"
  • 2 a 10-page, edited reprint of the 22-page "Prisoners of the Pharaoh", by writer-editor Stan Lee, penciler Kirby and inker Ayers, from Fantastic Four #19 (Oct. 1963)
  • 3 a 10-page, edited reprint of the 20-page "The Birth of a Super-Hero", by writer-editor Lee and penciler-inker John Romita Sr., from The Amazing Spider-Man #42 (Nov. 1966)
  • 4 the 10-page Journey To the Center of the Earth original story "The People of the Styx", by an unknown writer and penciler-inker Paul Reinman, a Marvel Comics regular
  • 5 the 10-page King Kong original story "Kong Joins the Circus", by an uncredited creative team, and
  • 6 the 10-page George of the Jungle original story "Shep's Burial Ground", also by an uncredited team.

Here's a good blop post on it.

Have you read a comic lately? I think you should.Random long box grab and read.

Pulled this out of a box of books from an auction years ago and came up with

the first appearance of CAPTAIN UNIVERSE.

16768831780_eceec0cc2b.jpg

mm

I saw that Marty!So happy to hear you still go through your books...

And now I want one..if I don't have it already...I loved the micronaughts comics and toys...(I was a garage sale toy kid)

I could use seeing your two comics that are my favourite again..Daredevil and the clock Star spangled covers...

Pretty please?

I just,you know,love em!

Per your request...

8456675200_283c6be60c.jpg

(PAC #44)

8926547476_0f1e6b7b9f.jpg

(PAC #248)

8556419837_445bc848bc.jpg

(PAC #87)

mm

Ahhhhhh,thanks Marty,you know what comics I love!!You rock!

Lost a midgrade copy of Ms Marvel #1 at a small local show two months ago...thought it was left with a dealers stock by accident,or was stolen when we were chewing the fat.Turns out I picked up my small pile of books off his stock and left it on the long boxes,and one of his helpers put it away...luckily it was another friends price sticker,and lo and behold...he found it setting up today and called me to come pick it up.

Pretty positive!

Lost a midgrade copy of Ms Marvel #1 at a small local show two months ago...thought it was left with a dealers stock by accident,or was stolen when we were chewing the fat.Turns out I picked up my small pile of books off his stock and left it on the long boxes,and one of his helpers put it away...luckily it was another friends price sticker,and lo and behold...he found it setting up today and called me to come pick it up.

Pretty positive!

Congrats! Glad you got it back.

Pretty positive!

Congrats! Glad you got it back.

Thanks.Comic folks can be awesome folks!

Got em!Now if I could just get some info on how to become a witness for the April 11 signing....

There's a thread in the SS forum somewhere with my epic failure on trying lol

atomicbomics!

I got a parcel from Bedrock on Thursday....sooooo awesome!Thanks Richard!

Team coolbooks is right! Shop at Bedrock City...you be smiling pretty!

And,a shout out to Mr Marty Mann,king of positive and OO books.

Sir,I'm so glad you found this spot and like it! :)

I heard hugging a porcupine could be a wee bit... tricky...

:D

-slym

I've heard a Hedgehog cannot be buggered at all..... :)

RIP one fantastic imagination who will be missed.