• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

Does this sale seem fishy to anyone else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-4-CGC-4-5-FIRST-FLASH-1956-/171727214068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fbbd55f4

Seller mainly lists non-comic items for sale, has 0 comic sales in their feedback and no 4-figure sales. BIN $3000 under the last sale for a copy in the same grade.

I don't know but all his feedback is positive and he's had some bigger sales and if it's legit that person got a good deal

That sale will probably be parsed out of GPA because of the aforementioned reasons.

-J.

Looks like it was legit and a heck of a deal.

how can you tel if a deal is legit or not? it will show up on gpa?

"Non regular comic book seller", or however it's phrased, sales that still at least "appear" legit but extraordinarily low are usually speared out from the regular data points.

-J.

Respectfully disagree with that statement.

The seller is a Top Rated Seller w/100% positive feedback (mostly as as seller) and has been registered on eBay since 2011, under the same user ID since 10/26/2011.Check his feedback.

It was a BIN listing, and the only reason it sold for a few grand below GPA average is because the seller does not primarily deal in comics.That said, he would not know the market very well for the book (has no access to GPA etc etc)....and he went off past sales on ebay to come up with his BIN $9000 figure, figured he'd price it lower than other copies for a quick sale.

Virtually any collector who is looking for this book, in CGC'd mid grade , would be happy to pay 25% below the GPA average for a CGC 4.5.

The seller simply priced it low to sell it quickly, not knowing that he could have gotten at least another $1500 ,and probably just as quickly.

GPA will record this sale, based on the fact that GPA would not be providing accurate sales data, if they did not include this sale.....and what good would the GPA be if it only chose to report higher dollar sales, of key books?

You just answered your own question. GPA included it at the bottom in the "relists, non-sales & errors" section with the note " Item recorded as sold/Low feedback seller/not a regular comic book seller." I think most would agree that this is exactly how it should be handled, as a $9k sale would otherwise be misleading if grouped in with the other sales by regular comic dealers or auction-sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-4-CGC-4-5-FIRST-FLASH-1956-/171727214068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fbbd55f4

Seller mainly lists non-comic items for sale, has 0 comic sales in their feedback and no 4-figure sales. BIN $3000 under the last sale for a copy in the same grade.

I don't know but all his feedback is positive and he's had some bigger sales and if it's legit that person got a good deal

That sale will probably be parsed out of GPA because of the aforementioned reasons.

-J.

Looks like it was legit and a heck of a deal.

how can you tel if a deal is legit or not? it will show up on gpa?

"Non regular comic book seller", or however it's phrased, sales that still at least "appear" legit but extraordinarily low are usually speared out from the regular data points.

-J.

Respectfully disagree with that statement.

The seller is a Top Rated Seller w/100% positive feedback (mostly as as seller) and has been registered on eBay since 2011, under the same user ID since 10/26/2011.Check his feedback.

It was a BIN listing, and the only reason it sold for a few grand below GPA average is because the seller does not primarily deal in comics.That said, he would not know the market very well for the book (has no access to GPA etc etc)....and he went off past sales on ebay to come up with his BIN $9000 figure, figured he'd price it lower than other copies for a quick sale.

Virtually any collector who is looking for this book, in CGC'd mid grade , would be happy to pay 25% below the GPA average for a CGC 4.5.

The seller simply priced it low to sell it quickly, not knowing that he could have gotten at least another $1500 ,and probably just as quickly.

GPA will record this sale, based on the fact that GPA would not be providing accurate sales data, if they did not include this sale.....and what good would the GPA be if it only chose to report higher dollar sales, of key books?

You just answered your own question. GPA included it at the bottom in the "relists, non-sales & errors" section with the note " Item recorded as sold/Low feedback seller/not a regular comic book seller." I think most would agree that this is exactly how it should be handled, as a $9k sale would otherwise be misleading if grouped in with the other sales by regular comic dealers or auction-sales.

Yeah, that is how GPA should have it labeled...I was just saying that t should not be entirely overlooked by the GPA as it is a recorded sale.

As an outlier, it has as much validity as an auction book bid to the stratosphere by two rabid fans.

One is celebrated as a rising tide that raises all boats; the other not so much. :devil:

Wrong thread

Am I the only one seeing this or has Journey Into Mystery #103 gotten a bump in price for no reason? I don't recall anything announced for the Enchantress.

as far as I know I've only heard rumors

Am I the only one seeing this or has Journey Into Mystery #103 gotten a bump in price for no reason? I don't recall anything announced for the Enchantress.

Maybe just because its an awesome book ?

This.

This.

+1

This.

+1

^^

Journey #103 does have a lot going for it. Amora the Enchantress is definitely rumored to appear sometime soon in the MCU, it has a classic SA Marvel cover, and introduces two minor but long-standing villains as well.

One of my favorite JIM issues by a long shot, and tough to find in really nice shape.

Dan

Journey #103 does have a lot going for it. Amora the Enchantress is definitely rumored to appear sometime soon in the MCU, it has a classic SA Marvel cover, and introduces two minor but long-standing villains as well.

One of my favorite JIM issues by a long shot, and tough to find in really nice shape.

Dan

Yep. She's supposed to be Thor's love interest in the 3rd movie.

It's strange, JIM #103 is clearly one of those books that are being speculated upon and peddled around. I'm surprised everyone is so overly optimistic on that book. It's overpriced.

I’d like to have it, but just because it’s the first appearance of the Enchantress and Executioner, two villains I always liked a lot. I would not pay the current prices for it, anyway.

It's strange, JIM #103 is clearly one of those books that are being speculated upon and peddled around. I'm surprised everyone is so overly optimistic on that book. It's overpriced.

JIM 103 is one of those few Marvel SA books that's actually right-priced because, unlike so many other Marvels published around the same time, it is actually a tougher book above 6.0. Reminds me of most early SA DC semi-keys that are tough to find above 6.0.