• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I guess there's no Zeppelin lovers. Maybe I should just stick to comics...

Here is my Monday subset. Shark covers! I love these and there seem to be so many. I had to put a lot back when I was shooting these. Here are some of my favorites.

Submariner #18 Sharks are not prominent but a great action filled Schomburg cover and a green titled Timely!

comsubmariner18shark_zpshzo3o4oh.jpg

Now we are getting a bit terrifying. Bad enough stuck on a rubber raft out in the middle of the ocean with no food, water or comics to read and you have to contend with this! Real Life #11. One of the better covers in this run. Cheapest Schomburg stuff you can get and pretty good reads (if you actually do that anymore)

comreallife11_zpsvnkdfbp1.jpg

Last one for today is Whiz #19. Bought this from Redbeard at WonderCon years ago. Couldn't whip out my wallet fast enough. What a beautiful cover. The composition, color, cute girl and the way the tail even breaks the title. Maybe my favorite Fawcett GA comic. At least top 3 for sure. These are so under rated.

comwhiz19_zpshuscemwr.jpg

I guess there's no Zeppelin lovers. Maybe I should just stick to comics...

Here is my Monday subset. Shark covers! I love these and there seem to be so many. I had to put a lot back when I was shooting these. Here are some of my favorites.

Submariner #18 Sharks are not prominent but a great action filled Schomburg cover and a green titled Timely!

comsubmariner18shark_zpshzo3o4oh.jpg

Like you, I love the Zeppelins, too! Toys, models, postcards, stamps, trains, and the list goes on and on. The Zepps are great!

I used to have a big collection of Zeppelin stuff. Sold it all off in a moment of weakness. Have always liked them. A few years ago in one of the Brimfield fields I found this nice large Metal Craft one from the '30's. It was just parts in a box. It apeared pretty complete so I chanced $25. on it and took it home. Had a lot of fun re-building it and to my surprise, found it complete except for the end tip piece. Love the "steam punk", art deco look and the colors.

zeppelinorange_zps168ah0ka.jpg

I used to have lots of Zeppelin stuff too, ...including a few bootlegs. :headbang:

I used to have a big collection of Zeppelin stuff. Sold it all off in a moment of weakness. Have always liked them. A few years ago in one of the Brimfield fields I found this nice large Metal Craft one from the '30's. It was just parts in a box. It apeared pretty complete so I chanced $25. on it and took it home. Had a lot of fun re-building it and to my surprise, found it complete except for the end tip piece. Love the "steam punk", art deco look and the colors.

zeppelinorange_zps168ah0ka.jpg

I used to have lots of Zeppelin stuff too, ...including a few bootlegs. :headbang:

I worked the light show for them one their second US tour. Sat in the orchestra pit!

Ilove the Zeppelin stuff..just speechless...I believe I have a Rangers comic with a shark cover...somewhere..also has an unmentioned acid in the face panel..I really should dig her out..

Yeah, now that you mention it, there is a good one. I guess I just forgot to look in the Friction House boxes...