• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

Feedback means alot. At least to me. Cant understand why some people on the boards include their ebay feedback in their selling threads when its in the triple digits. I try to stay away from them. Again, just a terrible opinion of mine. Probably lost a lot of deals because of this.

Some with triple digit feedback on eBay might have thousands of transactions.

it is kind of annoying when you do a really good job of packaging and shipping fast when the buyer doesn't bother to give feedback or even a single "thanks" comment. Worse are sellers who hold back giving you any feedback until you have giving them feedback (imo)-- I never do this. I look at it this way-- the buyer has two jobs-- order something and pay for it. Once that is completed-- boom-- here is your positive feedback. IF for some reason the person turns out to be a turd later, I wont' hesitate to block that person and add additional feedback to my original stating what irregularities I had to deal with and whether this person is worth dealing with at all.

example: Buyer buys a shirt from me that I describe with dimensions, pictures out the wazoo, etc. The two weeks later-- out of the blue-- I get a NEUTRAL feedback from them with incorrect information saying it was a boys size (it was not) and didn't fit. But worse, the loser just had to bang my DSRs. So I added to their feedback a reply about all sizing information was given, then updated my other initial "Thanks for the payment" with-- "buyer never contacted me, gave me neutral FB, and bad DSRs". Blocked. That is simply ridiculous behavior. And I went back and found they had done it several times. I blame it on people who buy using their phones and never read any of the descriptions.

Some of you really have feedback hang ups.

I think a polite message to that seller about how he can get tracking information for free would really help the guy. Sometimes you gotta give a little

back.

I honestly just decided to move on from them instead The books came in overgraded as well, primarily due to some damage that was not pictured.

I don't know-- some times I help out with some advice but tis person just was so confident in what they said that I can just imagine what a waste of time it was going to be. They want to waste time at the post office and pay more for their shipping, and never get any benefits of top rated seller status etc-- that's their problem.

Some of you really have feedback hang ups.

I think a polite message to that seller about how he can get tracking information for free would really help the guy. Sometimes you gotta give a little

back.

I honestly just decided to move on from them instead The books came in overgraded as well, primarily due to some damage that was not pictured.

I don't know-- some times I help out with some advice but tis person just was so confident in what they said that I can just imagine what a waste of time it was going to be. They want to waste time at the post office and pay more for their shipping, and never get any benefits of top rated seller status etc-- that's their problem.

I can understand that, but we all make mistakes. If the guy seems stand offish or arrogant then you know you tried. Its all you can do.

I had a guy send me a book in a cardboard mailer this past month. I get a lot of those and once in awhile something goes wrong. This time the guy used packing tape on the top of the plastic and it ripped open the plastic in 3 spots. I sent him a polite email telling him he probably wants to change his packing a little bit. It probably only happens to him 1 out of 50, but that's one less problem he will have to deal with now.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Another problem here with Topcitycomics. He stayed up late to snipe and last minute bid but never paid for fantastic four 52 cgc 6.0 where payment was due immediately (an awesome unprssed book that will definitely grade higher) This guy Adrian is a piece of work. seems like a good guy. just seems to over commit on weekly auctions and cant afford any when it comes time to pay up.

I dont mind these young guys getting into the hobby last 5 years or so but there is an issue with non paying bidders.

in the last 5 years I've had more non paying bidders than the previous 20 years combined.

Topcitycomics (adrian) has bought another book from me on auction valued at around $800, the auction only went for $500 as auctions do but I dont mind. That Fantastic four 52 book was $40 4 years ago so go ahead and pay 500 but you better pay.

I auction most of my cgc books to see the real value and set the GPA straight because we have a handful of dealers like Sparklecity that have inside bidders falsely raising GPA.

Here we are over a week after the auction ended, and topcitycomics still hasnt paid.

Because Topcitycomics was a week late paying the last auction he bought it sent me back quite a bit, my bills were late and I had to pay 4 Overdraft fees totaling $150.00 at my bank. I take the responsibility as its my fault for thinking people will pay on time.

But then the guy buys another book and still hasnt paid. The recent book he hasnt paid for was to make up for the overdraft fees from the last late payment he made.

I mean, why snipe these auctions, sit by the computer till the auction ends to snipe and then decide not to pay for a week.

its just disprespectful.

so sorry dude, you didnt pay again. the only reason you paid last time was because I complained here.

I have children to feed and I take it seriously when you snipe and stay up to bid on an ending auction but decide to never pay for it. its disrespectful.

Topcitycomics = bad for the hobby nuff said.

meanwhile Im now $650 in the whole, my wife hates my guts. thanks topcitycomcis

Edited by sonicyouth

Another problem here with Topcitycomics.

He stayed up late to snipe and last minute bid but never paid for fantastic four 52 cgc 6.0 where payment was due immediately (an awesome unprssed book that will definitely grade higher) This guy Adrian is a piece of work. seems like a good guy. just seems to over commit on weekly auctions and cant afford any when it comes time to pay up.

I dont mind these young guys getting into the hobby last 5 years or so but there is an issue with non paying bidders.

in the last 5 years I've had more non paying bidders than the previous 20 years combined.

Topcitycomics (adrian) has bought another book from me on auction valued at around $800, the auction only went for $500 as auctions do but I dont mind. That Fantastic four 52 book was $40 4 years ago so go ahead and pay 500 but you better pay.

I auction most of my cgc books to see the real value and set the GPA straight because we have a handful of dealers like Sparklecity that have inside bidders falsely raising GPA.

Here we are over a week after the auction ended, and topcitycomics still hasnt paid.

Because Topcitycomics was a week late paying the last auction he bought it sent me back quite a bit, my bills were late and I had to pay 4 Overdraft fees totaling $150.00 at my bank. I take the responsibility as its my fault for thinking people will pay on time.

But then the guy buys another book and still hasnt paid. The recent book he hasnt paid for was to make up for the overdraft fees from the last late payment he made.

I mean, why snipe these auctions, sit by the computer till the auction ends to snipe and then decide not to pay for a week.

its just disprespectful.

so sorry dude, you didnt pay again. the only reason you paid last time was because I complained here.

I have children to feed and I take it seriously when you snipe and stay up to bid on an ending auction but decide to never pay for it. its disrespectful.

He's not on the list on page one.

What do you mean by "another"? Is that referring to "another" problem for you with him or did someone else have a problem with them in this thread?

That name sounds familiar. Boardie?

It is a boardie. He won an auction a while back and never paid or sent any communication. He was still selling on ebay at the time so its not like he didnt have the funds in PayPal. When i opened a case after 7 days, he finally sent a message. I didnt respond and closed the case so he got a npb strike.

Another problem here with Topcitycomics. He stayed up late to snipe and last minute bid but never paid for fantastic four 52 cgc 6.0 where payment was due immediately (an awesome unprssed book that will definitely grade higher) This guy Adrian is a piece of work. seems like a good guy. just seems to over commit on weekly auctions and cant afford any when it comes time to pay up.

its just disprespectful.

Did you had to open an unpaid item case and had no answer by the buyer ? Because thats an non paying bidder for me...

its just disprespectful.

1) You can't require immediate payment on an auction - it's only available for BINs.

2) In general, hardly anyone actually sits at their computer and does manual snipes on eBay - particularly not on books ending late at night. There are plenty of automated sniping solutions out there which is what the majority of bidders use.

3) If your personal finances are that badly impacted by someone waiting a week to pay for a book, perhaps you just shouldn't be selling on eBay :shrug:

its just disprespectful.

File a non paying bidder through ebay, and if he doesn't pay nominate him to the probation list.

Did you try sending him a PM through the boards?

not that this is a scam but it is odd eBay seller behavior.

maybe this guy is just real old school-- not sure

Pay for my books and he sends me a message saying the books are mailed on the way. I ask him where is the tracker number. He says "I sent it First Class, so there is no tracking. Since you are in AZ, I would think you will receive before the end of the week."

2 comic books

4.49 (expedited service- which I suppose first class could be considered though I usually think of it as priority mail)

this guy is not some new fish on eBay-- over a 340 feedback rating.

just seems weird to me not to just buy it via eBay-- get the discount and the tracking info loaded instantly and a discount-- and qualify for seller power programs etc (more discounts).

says it will be here Thursday.

Not that I know who you are talking about but I'm in the same boat. about 300 feedback, give or take and I've only just discovered the buying shipping through ebay to get tracking, etc. Stupid me could've been getting a discount for 2 years on shipping!

I've noticed too that the eBay clientele has definitely gone down in the last 5 years.

Someone makes you an offer, you accept it, and then they don't pay?

It's fine if you get a paycheck 1x or 2x a month but to not send a communication after winning a bid, "Hey, I get paid on the 1st, okay to send your money then?"

Pretty simple.