• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

Is Mystery Tales #40 not worthy of those lists?

Probably, or at least until people start to forget about Lost. (shrug)

I would figure they would have by now. Never understood the perceived value on that book. That's just my opinion.

I always called JIM 35?

I picked up my first National Comics. I seldom stray out of my PCH focus but my Dad was in the Navy in the South Pacific during WWII and this cover has that island/jungle feel to it and I had to have it. Being my first I was pleasenly surprised at the size, a big beefy 68 pages with over 9 stories. One that has Hitler and Göering in it.

National%20Comics%20%2031_zpsyp96hyzh.jpg

I picked up my first National Comics. I seldom stray out of my PCH focus but my Dad was in the Navy in the South Pacific during WWII and this cover has that island/jungle feel to it and I had to have it. Being my first I was pleasenly surprised at the size, a big beefy 68 pages with over 9 stories. One that has Hitler and Göering in it.

...love those Quality fatties.....and they can stiill be quite reasonable if you avoid the Lou Fine issues.....which is rather difficult. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That almost looks like Alfred E. Newman with Sam. hm

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause:

mm

So I bought these two beauties on the CC auction last night, but not with the intention of keeping their stories imprisoned in plastic.

Can anyone advise what the best way would be to jailbreak them, with the least damage to everything?

web1.277a.jpg

web1.294a.jpg

So I bought these two beauties on the CC auction last night, but not with the intention of keeping their stories imprisoned in plastic.

Can anyone advise what the best way would be to jailbreak them, with the least damage to everything?

web1.277a.jpg

web1.294a.jpg

Lou Cameron :cloud9:

That almost looks like Alfred E. Newman with Sam. hm

Close but no cigar (he's got all his teeth) and his hair is combed wrong. Great war time Quality book!

alfredeneuman1914picture_zpscgy2wnxg.jpg

web1.277a.jpg

web1.294a.jpg

Why is that WoM 17 a 1.8?

use a flat head screw driver, wedge it into the seam, and turn.

web1.277a.jpg

web1.294a.jpg

Why is that WoM 17 a 1.8?

use a flat head screw driver, wedge it into the seam, and turn.

OK thx.

AFA the grading on the #17, these are my first CGC slabbed books, so I wouldn't know what their criteria is. Just hope neither book has any brittleness to it.

(thumbs u really like that one, as well as the story behind your purchase.