• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

this seller is a notorious sheller with 5 accounts (last i checked). Ive reported him to ebay multiple times. just fyi guys. be careful

I wonder who that is. I tried to bid on something, and I'm blocked.

Obviously a problem seller.

His name is Frank, and a real a'hole. I had an incident with him several yrs ago and will never spend a dime on him. He manipulates books and also 99% sure he's sold restored books. More importantly he doesn't know the meaning of the word "customer service" as his personality is awful. I'd put him up there with Danny Dupcake or however you spell his last name. Stay away.

And in all my years of being on these boards, I've never blasted a seller before. So take that into consideration.

He uses the accounts williewallnuts, coasttocoastcomics,silversurfercomics and a few others.

Isn't that muscleshark aka dr. Frankenstein? Has a history of problems here also.

this seller is a notorious sheller with 5 accounts (last i checked). Ive reported him to ebay multiple times. just fyi guys. be careful

I wonder who that is. I tried to bid on something, and I'm blocked.

Obviously a problem seller.

His name is Frank, and a real a'hole. I had an incident with him several yrs ago and will never spend a dime on him. He manipulates books and also 99% sure he's sold restored books. More importantly he doesn't know the meaning of the word "customer service" as his personality is awful. I'd put him up there with Danny Dupcake or however you spell his last name. Stay away.

And in all my years of being on these boards, I've never blasted a seller before. So take that into consideration.

He uses the accounts williewallnuts, coasttocoastcomics,silversurfercomics and a few others.

Isn't that muscleshark aka dr. Frankenstein? Has a history of problems here also.

Famous for suggesting forcible intercourse with people's moms!!!

Picked up New Teen Titans #16 CGC 9.8 for $73. The only other two 9.8's on eBay are SS, one an auction, the other a BIN at $153. According to the census there is a 9.9 out there somewhere!!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131451615951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

80.00 for a Bronze TT 9.8 books sounds about right, you didnt lose on it for sure.

Now, if the character ends up being anywhere remotely close to Squirrel Girl, youve just hit the jackpot. Congrats

Single highest grade for the book. A key book for registry points. Might as well have been a 9.9 or a 10. More than likely, it will never be beat and probably very hard to find a tie (9.8) now a days. I bid $357.

Single highest grade for the book. A key book for registry points. Might as well have been a 9.9 or a 10. More than likely, it will never be beat and probably very hard to find a tie (9.8) now a days. I bid $357.

:o

This is a bit surprising. Perfectly wrapped copy, yea, I would understand. A very stout price for this wrap.

Hey, I've been hyping Power-man 24 as an "undiscovered gem" for a while now.

And WTF is all this "Origin of XXX" BS? It's the first appearance of Black Goliath, no question, yet CGC seems to want to give "Origin" to any older books with pre-existing hero (or even normal) characters.

With Modern ones, it's always "First Appearance of XXX" (to let comic shops/member firms hype the readily-available books) like the idiotic "First Appearance of Winter Soldier" (ummmm, Bucky's been around for decades). doh!

This is a bit surprising. Perfectly wrapped copy, yea, I would understand. A very stout price for this wrap.

And WTF is all this "Origin of XXX" BS? It's the first appearance of Black Goliath, no question, yet CGC seems to want to give "Origin" to any older books with pre-existing hero (or even normal) characters.

With Modern ones, it's always "First Appearance of XXX" (to let comic shops/member firms hype the readily-available books) like the idiotic "First Appearance of Winter Soldier" (ummmm, Bucky's been around for decades). doh!

I knew this was coming.... :roflmao:

Ive been trying to get this book for awhile now for the same reason. Even trying to get JC to sell me his, to no avail. This is big guy's first app...clear cut. Yeah, he was Bill Foster was around since early SA Avengers, but he had no powers or anything prior. I guess I missed out on my shot if this ugly copy went for all those $$.

:eyeroll:

Edited by akaSteveRogers

Winter soldier is the same as bucky in the exact same way Him is the same as warlock.

FF #66 then is the first appearance of warlock.

Winter soldier is the same as bucky in the exact same way Him is the same as warlock.

FF #66 then is the first appearance of warlock.

huh?

I knew this was coming.... :roflmao:

Ive been trying to get this book for awhile now for the same reason. Even trying to get JC to sell me his, to no avail. This is big guy's first app...clear cut. Yeah, he was Bill Foster was around since early SA Avengers, but he had no powers or anything prior. I guess I missed out on my shot if this ugly copy went for all those $$.

:eyeroll:

Label should read....

Bill Foster becomes Black Goliath.

Origin of Black Goliath, Ringmaster & Circus of crime appearance