• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's VALIANT Comics Thread

289 posts in this topic

was there a Divinity or Imperium in the first run, don't remember those.

No. Divinity is a new character and first new character with a series (not including one-shots).

Imperium is the continuation of the Harbinger story.

Imperium = Toyo Harada set up his own "country" in Africa and has dared the rest of the world to try to stop him.

Man seeing all these posts with images of the Valiant letters and variants brings back a ton of memories when I was with Diamond. I wish I had the Armstrong Ale and Darque Brew that Valiant had sent me, over the years I parted with most of my Valiant stuff. I had all the retailer exclusive stuff, etc and multiple copies of each as well. But I thank those for posting their images here, lots of fond memories.....

Man seeing all these posts with images of the Valiant letters and variants brings back a ton of memories when I was with Diamond. I wish I had the Armstrong Ale and Darque Brew that Valiant had sent me, over the years I parted with most of my Valiant stuff. I had all the retailer exclusive stuff, etc and multiple copies of each as well. But I thank those for posting their images here, lots of fond memories.....

Here's a set I picked up several years ago . . .

Armstrong Ale. Complete with original box and Valiant holiday card.

Beerpromo-ArmstrongAle.jpg

Darque Brew. Complete with original box and Acclaim holiday card.

Beerpromo-DarqueBrew2.jpg

Here's a set I picked up several years ago . . .

Armstrong Ale. Complete with original box and Valiant holiday card.

Beerpromo-ArmstrongAle.jpg

Darque Brew. Complete with original box and Acclaim holiday card.

Beerpromo-DarqueBrew2.jpg

You need the Darque Brew variant... where they put the label on upside-down. :baiting:

(Sadly, I've seen more than one... so at least part of the batch has upside-down labels) lol

Here's a set of Upper Deck Valiant Era Trading Cards in Wooden Box. Only 100 of these wooden boxes were made (plus a few proofs, I think). They were given out to various Valiant employees and creators. This is #52/100 originally owned by Valiant artist Joe St Pierre. Signed by Joe St Pierre at bottom of wooden box. This limited edition set was given away at release party at Chicago Comics Convention on 7/2/1993.

Includes: Bloodshot Retailer Chrome (x6), Upper Deck Pyramid hologram card, Valaint Era Series 1 Unseen Art inserts U1 to U9, Valaint Era Series 1 base cards #1-120, Turok Retailer Chrome, Ninjak Retailer Chrome, Predator vs Magnus Robot Fighter #3 (x2)

UpperDeckValiantEraWoodenBoxpic1.jpg

UpperDeckValiantEraWoodenBoxpic2.jpg

UpperDeckValiantEraWoodenBoxpic3.jpg

UpperDeckValiantEraWoodenBoxpic4.jpg

:o

Absolutely the correct response.

:o

The cards don't mean much (because they COULD be replaced), but the Upper Deck Pyramid box is a major Valiant grail. :applause:

(Nope, I don't have one.) :sorry:

I figure it was a rarity I would hardly see again. How cool!

Posted this on valiantfans too, but thought I'd try here just in case. With Valiant prices going through the roof lately, thought I'd try and figure out what this might be worth - any ideas? Limited to 35 copies, signed by the Valiant creators. Inside pages are NM/MT - book cover and dust jacket show some wear.

b8746e51-a598-42e2-969a-cb7a7936036e.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_8.jpg

Posted this on valiantfans too, but thought I'd try here just in case. With Valiant prices going through the roof lately, thought I'd try and figure out what this might be worth - any ideas? Limited to 35 copies, signed by the Valiant creators. Inside pages are NM/MT - book cover and dust jacket show some wear.

b8746e51-a598-42e2-969a-cb7a7936036e.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_8.jpg

:takeit:

Sooooo I just read Harbinger: Children of the Eighth Day and it was pretty bad which sucks because I was really looking forward to reading it because I had heard such good reviews.

Did you read it like it was 1992? :grin:

Unfortunately, that complete arc is #1 through #7 (plus #0) and the trade stops at #4.

Sooooo I just read Harbinger: Children of the Eighth Day and it was pretty bad which sucks because I was really looking forward to reading it because I had heard such good reviews.

I did a complete pre-Unity re-read a few years ago when the new line was launching and it doesn' hold up so well. But then, a lot of comics from that era don't.

The new line is a pretty good read. Especially Archer & Armstrong.