• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

iZombie TV Show Trailer!

153 posts in this topic

For such an edgy concept, it's certainly falling quickly into a rather ordinary procedural.

+1

That's why I bailed. Couldn't really get behind the internal logic of the show or its execution either.

Lead actress is as cute as a button though.

-J.

She's awfully cute. How do they make her so pale? I mean, I barely spend time in the sun and I have more colour than her.

-slym

Lead based pancake/foundation? It sucks the life out of your skin, and the stomach cramps and voices in your head are just more icing on your crazy cake.

I have a strange feeling that this could become a new "look" for the youth, like Goth kids 20 years ago, who dyed their hair black, wore merlot lipstick, and a container of mascara.....and that was just the boys. When you go to the mall, keep an eye out for platinum blondes with super heavy mascara and abnormally pale skin.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

Really liking the show. The 2nd episode introducing the rival zombie definitely added a new dimension. It feels a lot like Buffy.

I bought a copy of Issue 1 after seeing the show.

The comics are very similar to the BTVS TV show.

She's awfully cute. How do they make her so pale? I mean, I barely spend time in the sun and I have more colour than her.

Lead based pancake/foundation? It sucks the life out of your skin, and the stomach cramps and voices in your head are just more icing on your crazy cake.

I have a strange feeling that this could become a new "look" for the youth, like Goth kids 20 years ago, who dyed their hair black, wore merlot lipstick, and a container of mascara.....and that was just the boys. When you go to the mall, keep an eye out for platinum blondes with super heavy mascara and abnormally pale skin.

-Terry

Going to the mall just makes me feel old. Looking out for platinum blondes with super heavy mascara and abnormally pale skin just makes me feel like the perv that I really am.

:D

-slym

I like the direction this is going, does anyone know which issue did Blaine first appeared in? I thought Blaine channeled a little Rutger Hauer

sleeping with humans and turning them into zombies just so they could get hooked on brains was a very cool twist.

http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/24332/20150325/izombie-tv-show.htm

By the second episode, the "iZombie" TV show nearly doubled its ratings, reported Zap2It's TV By The Numbers. It managed to attract more viewers from 2.34 million to 3.313 million (from 0.8 to 1.3).

The website already labelled the comic book adaptation "most likely to be renewed" for a second season.

The characters on the TV show aren't directly from within the comic book. In the comic, the protagonist is Gwendolyn "Gwen" Dylan (not Liv Moore); a student attending university turned grave-digger (not a doctor or medical examiner).

And she is changed into a zombie by John Amon (not Blaine DeBeers) who is actually a thousand year old mummy.

The comic is also, obviously, not a procedural type TV show in plot.

Oh, and John Amon's first appearance is Izombie #2.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

The characters on the TV show aren't directly from within the comic book. In the comic, the protagonist is Gwendolyn "Gwen" Dylan (not Liv Moore); a student attending university turned grave-digger (not a doctor or medical examiner).

And she is changed into a zombie by John Amon (not Blaine DeBeers) who is actually a thousand year old mummy.

The comic is also, obviously, not a procedural type TV show in plot.

Oh, and John Amon's first appearance is Izombie #2.

-Terry

Thanks for clearing it out (thumbs u

Later we find out DeBeers was turned into a zombie by a mummy, causing Supernatural Thrillers #5 to become the new hot book!

I really loved the comic book and hated to see it end. Allred did an amazing job. The TV show is very different, but I'm enjoying it so far. I hope they bring in more of the supporting cast from the comic, including the ghost, Ellie.

+1

The supporting monster cast made the book for me. Hopefully they'll be pulled in at later episodes or next season. I can see the vampires being running story for a whole season, for example.

I really liked this last episode, without getting into details. But it definitely a complete departure from the comic book. Which is a bit disappointing in a way.

They could have called this show "Zombie Doc" or really anything, not only are major players absent but of the ones that are there, the names are different.

I bet that al of people that bought the Big Hero 6 comic were in a similar state of puzzlement when the Disney movie came out. At least in BH6, they did keep the names for the most part.

-T