• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Paul" comics club

236 posts in this topic

Sorry I'm late to this shindig. Just saw this post (I been gone). I'm almost embarrassed to show my 3 little Paul books...but they are in nice shape for being Paul's, so here they are. I doubt I will become as fanatical about "Paul's" as RM or that Mr Spock guy, but they are kinda cool, and for a pedigree collection, it's nice that they all were sold to me for less than guide. This might be the pedigree that goes for fractions of guide, rather than multiples... lol

hsj67k.jpg

2wp002b.jpg

rw5ked.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

Sorry I'm late to this shindig. Just saw this post (I been gone). I'm almost embarrassed to show my 3 little Paul books...but they are in nice shape for being Paul's, so here they are. I doubt I will become as fanatical about "Paul's" as RM or that Mr Spock guy, but they are kinda cool, and for a pedigree collection, it's nice that they all were sold to me for less than guide. This might be the pedigree that goes for fractions of guide, rather than multiples... lol

hsj67k.jpg

2wp002b.jpg

rw5ked.jpg

each one is a ^^

I'm a member! :grin:

Fourcolor142_zpshh4pobub.jpg

I saw that one. Went to make a sandwich and 'poof'! Gone!

Congrats, besides being a high grade 'Paul' book, it's one of the 'demand' Bugs covers. I'm almost jealous....

I've got a whole lot of hstory about "Paul". I bought a whole lot of his comics from the guy that got them from his estate. We talked at length about him. He was a pretty weird "horder" type. In addition to comics he had extensive collections of Magazines, pulps, fanzines and more books than a library. The collection once filled 5 storage lockers and a garage. I've told the story a few times back in the Have a cigar thread. I probably should re-tell what I know here if you guys want me to. This would not be a "pedigree" collection recognized by CGC. Not enough high grade runs of titles. Nor, did the buyer of the collection keep a list. It is, however, a very large and incredible "collection" just not "pedigree" worthy.

I'm a member! :grin:

Fourcolor142_zpshh4pobub.jpg

Welcome to the club! That is probably my favorite Bugs book. "Pauls" are like crack!

Anybody notice the "error" on the cover?

Bugs Bunny was colored with red gloves. He almost always wears white gloves, occasionally yellow gloves, but never red!

Been a while since I was able to find another Paul comic book. But, this one is on its way to me

black%20terror%204_zpsfsuknx4f.jpg

Nice one Bill! Those Scomburg books are just the bomb! I got all I could with WWII covers but somehow missing that one.

Thanks Bob :)

Maybe I'll swap you my two Nedor Pauls for two of your DC Pauls one day

I've got a whole lot of hstory about "Paul". I bought a whole lot of his comics from the guy that got them from his estate. We talked at length about him. He was a pretty weird "horder" type. In addition to comics he had extensive collections of Magazines, pulps, fanzines and more books than a library. The collection once filled 5 storage lockers and a garage. I've told the story a few times back in the Have a cigar thread. I probably should re-tell what I know here if you guys want me to. This would not be a "pedigree" collection recognized by CGC. Not enough high grade runs of titles. Nor, did the buyer of the collection keep a list. It is, however, a very large and incredible "collection" just not "pedigree" worthy.

I would like to know the story, and despite the fact that CGC would not recognize it, Matt Nelson has almost every known pedigree type collection listed on his website (CGC recognized or not), so I think he might add Paul's to the group. Have you seen the Comic Book Pedigrees website?

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/upload.php