• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,008 posts in this topic

wos6-cover_zpspe8cgp58.jpg

.....Pov, I hate to be the one...... but the inclusion of Atlas post codes with Everett covers is an insidious move by your subconscious mind to dance you back into the PCH Arena...... your fate is sealed..... perhaps it always was..... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Everett cover? What Everett cover?

Great books PR!

I just realized looking at yours...I don't have 98!Was sure I was completely 85-168 aaaaahhhrggh!

It is ever thus. Look through again and you'll find two copies of 99! Although if it were two copies of 97 that would be even sweeter!

It's great to go through an unsorted box and find a number to check off!!

I found two # 100s....no 98 :(

Now if only I could find a VG/F #60....sigh...such a nice cover I never see.I do search only the wilds and here though...

Edited by porcupine48

They'll be up on GPA fairly soon......or if you receive the Session emails and don't delete them you can click on the individual listings for the final hammer. GOD BLESS....

How do I find out how much that amazing run of high grade PH J.I.M.s sold for at Comic Connect ? hm

I think folks were discussing them in the Show Us Your Atlas thread?

Some pretty prices....

Thank you (thumbs u Amazing prices !

Here's some highlights "Johnny454" captured:

JIM%20Auction_zpsxd49mmzz.jpg

How do I find out how much that amazing run of high grade PH J.I.M.s sold for at Comic Connect ? hm

I think folks were discussing them in the Show Us Your Atlas thread?

Some pretty prices....

Thank you (thumbs u Amazing prices !

Here's some highlights "Johnny454" captured:

JIM%20Auction_zpsxd49mmzz.jpg

Love the cover to JIM 30. :cloud9: Sold a nice copy to Harley Yee a couple of years ago...

I wish I could get my scanner to stop putting that moire on gray and brown :frustrated: These RJ Long books are sweet..... a friend who used to own a LCS was really on a roll back in the early 2000's. This collection walked into his store in 2001 or so. The OO (RJ Long) brought in a hundred or so of what he thought would be his most valuable books, mostly Gene Autry's, Roy Rogers, and Lone Rangers. Jerry told him they weren't really worth a lot and the guy then told him that he had a bunch of other books. Jerry figured it was more of the same, but told him he'd look them over if he brought them in. A couple days later the gentleman brought in around 2000 comics, all in hat boxes and apple crates....spanning 1955 to 1964. Jerry told him to come back in a couple days and then proceeded, as time permitted, to leaf through the collection. A lot more westerns and then he started hitting some Super Hero books...... most were Fine or better..... and then he hit the ASM 1...... and then more and more Marvels and DC's..... Action 252, JIM 83, TOS 39, AF 15, TTA 27, 35, tons of Showcase (but no 4), and boatloads of PHM's. The old guy was struggling with some medical bills and asked Jerry if he would pay $ 2000 for them all...... and Jerry said "No....".......he went on to explain that he just couldn't do him like that, the books were worth too much. They then arrived at a consignment agreement and Jerry, being the astute fellow that he is, sent the keys off to CGC and on to what I believe was the first Heritage auction that featured comics. The ASM landed in a 9.2 slab and sold for around 40K. The books didn't qualify for a Pedigree, as the runs were not complete and the condition was average VF at best. I spent a whole day going through the boxes and Jerry and Mr Long agreed to let me make time payments on about 60 books. The keys and mainstream SA was out of my range and I selected mostly DC war, Pre Heroes, and some sweet MIS and Superman titles. Mr Long obviously liked the Monster books, as there were close to 3 short boxes of them. Some of them eventually slabbed out as high as 9.4. This was easily the neatest collection of books that I ever had a shot at from out of the starting gate. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

I wish I could get my scanner to stop putting that moire on gray and brown :frustrated: These RJ Long books are sweet..... a friend who used to own a LCS was really on a roll back in the early 2000's. This collection walked into his store in 2001 or so. The OO (RJ Long) brought in a hundred or so of what he thought would be his most valuable books, mostly Gene Autry's, Roy Rogers, and Lone Rangers. Jerry told him they weren't really worth a lot and the guy then told him that he had a bunch of other books. Jerry figured it was more of the same, but told him he'd look them over if he brought them in. A couple days later the gentleman brought in around 2000 comics, all in hat boxes and apple crates....spanning 1955 to 1964. Jerry told him to come back in a couple days and then proceeded, as time permitted, to leaf through the collection. A lot more westerns and then he started hitting some Super Hero books...... most were Fine or better..... and then he hit the ASM 1...... and then more and more Marvels and DC's..... Action 252, JIM 83, TOS 39, AF 15, TTA 27, 35, tons of Showcase (but no 4), and boatloads of PHM's. The old guy was struggling with some medical bills and asked Jerry if he would pay $ 2000 for them all...... and Jerry said "No....".......he went on to explain that he just couldn't do him like that, the books were worth too much. They then arrived at a consignment agreement and Jerry, being the astute fellow that he is, sent the keys off to CGC and on to what I believe was the first Heritage auction that featured comics. The ASM landed in a 9.2 slab and sold for around 40K. The books didn't qualify for a Pedigree, as the runs were not complete and the condition was average VF at best. I spent a whole day going through the boxes and Jerry and Mr Long agreed to let me make time payments on about 60 books. The keys and mainstream SA was out of my range and I selected mostly DC war, Pre Heroes, and some sweet MIS and Superman titles. Mr Long obviously liked the Monster books, as there were close to 3 short boxes of them. Some of them eventually slabbed out as high as 9.4. This was easily the neatest collection of books that I ever had a shot at from out of the starting gate. GOD BLESS...

Cool story Jim! The good ole days! :cloud9:

Cool story Jim! The good ole days! :cloud9:

..... Jerry was a tight grader too...... most of the ASM's went to a couple of friends who saw the books right before me but a 9 was left.....he called it a 6.5 and it came back 8.5. I also got the FF 13, TTA 44, and JIM 103. My friend who tipped me off to it.....after he got his lol ended up with the ASM 2.....maybe a 9.2. He bought all the Amazing Adult Fantasy books..... real beauties. Several titles went to wealthier collectors who snapped up entire runs, like Flash, GL, and the JIM's (except the 103 for some reason). There was a kid in the shop when the JIM run sold....and he recognized the buyer as a famous Rock musician.... I always wondered who it was. Jerry had never heard of the guy and the transaction was confidential. GOD BLESS...

RJ Long/Portsmouth copy of one of my favorites.....this one might get slabbed. GOD BLESS...

STRANGE%20TALES%2097rjl.jpg

Man I hope you have a reader copy so you can prop up that slab while you read! My favorite pre-hero ST. Who ever knew Peter Parker started life as a mermaid?! Sweet book!

RJ Long/Portsmouth copy of one of my favorites.....this one might get slabbed. GOD BLESS...

STRANGE%20TALES%2097rjl.jpg

Man I hope you have a reader copy so you can prop up that slab while you read! My favorite pre-hero ST. Who ever knew Peter Parker started life as a mermaid?! Sweet book!

Peter Parker sister. :sumo: