• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Did you guys see the HT Iron Man Mark 3 stealth suit?

Announced yesterday morning.... Put up from pre-order in the afternoon... Waitlisted in 3 hours!

Thankfully I got my order in :D

But that's gotta be close to a record. A surprise release and sold out in a few hours. People already have them on eBay for $500+

Announced yesterday morning.... Put up from pre-order in the afternoon... Waitlisted in 3 hours!

But that's gotta be close to a record. A surprise release and sold out in a few hours. People already have them on eBay for $500+

Is it die cast?

What do you think of the Darth Vader Mythos statue? How does that compare to the pf statue coming out?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

This is on my want list. My only reservation is the size at 1/5. I love the concept and all the display options.

What do you think of the Darth Vader Mythos statue? How does that compare to the pf statue coming out?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-mythos-sideshow-collectibles-200193/

This is on my want list. My only reservation is the size at 1/5. I love the concept and all the display options.

That is my only issue too. The different poses and heads are awesome.

anyone know if the Hot Toys regular edition of Rocket and Groot set also comes with the extra head or is it just the exclusive set?

I only ask because the regular edition says it comes with it in the product description but so does the exclusive

No big surprise. That figure was exclusive to HT's Asian Tour. Sideshow probably only got a relative handful of them. You have to be quick on the trigger to land those, usually.

No big surprise. That figure was exclusive to HT's Asian Tour. Sideshow probably only got a relative handful of them. You have to be quick on the trigger to land those, usually.

How quick will I have to be to secure that Batman figure that pre-releases Thursday? I've never ordered from them before, actually I'm pretty new to statue collecting as a whole.

How quick will I have to be to secure that Batman figure that pre-releases Thursday? I've never ordered from them before, actually I'm pretty new to statue collecting as a whole.

That figure will likely be avail for a while. It's Batman and they make thousands. Plus a lot of people own the original (black and white) so there won't be people knocking the door down for it. This is assuming they don't make like 500 or 1000. There's 7,500 of the B&W one.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the B&W one last week! What are the chances. I would have ordered this one instead. Oh well, guess I may have to buy both. Ugh.

That figure will likely be avail for a while. It's Batman and they make thousands. Plus a lot of people own the original (black and white) so there won't be people knocking the door down for it. This is assuming they don't make like 500 or 1000. There's 7,500 of the B&W one.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the B&W one last week! What are the chances. I would have ordered this one instead. Oh well, guess I may have to buy both. Ugh.

Precisely so. The edition size on the original Bat PF was so big it may never sell out. 7500 is a TON of product considering that the 2nd and 3rd tier characters usually have 2500-3000 pieces produced, in addition to the Exclusives (if there is one), and they tend to hang around for a while.

The only pieces actually produced by SST that I've noticed selling out super quickly of late are the limited edition art prints. And by quick I mean they are usually sold out by the time I have a chance to open the email telling me they're in stock.

If something does sell out that you really want, it's worth jumping on the waitlist ASAP. You'd be surprised how many of those end up converting, as people bite off more than they can chew, orders are canceled, etc.

Darkseid is going up for pre-order next week: