• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Hadn't been reading much since my younger days, but this series just really drew me back into the hobby and would love to discuss it in the future since the next "Poison" arc looks like it's going to be a game changer for the universe.

Anyone know if Lazarus OA available?

Michael Lark's OA rep is Mark Hay: www.splashpageart.com

Amazingly, there is a ton of art available and very reasonable prices compared to a lot of other modern publications. Most of the background inking starting with Issue 3 is done part digital/part analog by Brian Level (up until issue 9 or so) and Tyler Boss (current inking assistant), so that's why many of the pages feature printed out blue-line computerized backgrounds.

In case anyone may have missed them, the first few covers of the next arc look amazing. Owen Freeman, a professional illustrator for the New Yorker magazine, took over cover duties with Issue 11 and is really pumping out some killer art.

Lazarus 17 coming May 2015: Time for war.

Lazarus_17.jpg

Lazarus 18 coming June 2015: Casey joins Forever on the front lines.

APR150649.jpg

My first post on the boards, found these forums through a friend and lurked for a little bit. I just wanted to pitch in since this is my favorite modern book, and the most exciting world-building I've seen since the beginning run of The Walking Dead.

Greg Rucka performs intense research drawing from current geopolitical events, incorporating modern oligarchs and plutocrats as inspirations for the families. His passion shows in every aspect of the book from the custom design ads/backstories to the real world information he shares on the letters page while attempting to further inform the reader. I had the pleasure of meeting him and Michael Lark at their recent signing and after-party in Berkeley, and both guys are not only as down to earth as you can imagine, but also incredibly dedicated and spirited about this story.

To share, here is a commission I received a while back from Michael. This is the first time I commissioned an original piece of art, and it was above all my expectations:

jR3nmt5O_2503151752031.jpg

To anyone on the fence, get the Lazarus Volume 1 Hardcover. The amount of additional content makes this a true bargain. Family above all!

Awesome piece, and couldn't have said it better myself! (thumbs u

I'm at the point where I don't think these books getting bought up for TV means a thing. It seems like it is just stake holding for future consideration. I can't see them turning a comic only a year or two old into a TV show so quickly. The story needs to develop a bit more.

That is no shot against Lazarus though. I'm really enjoying the book.

I think Lazarus Is actually going to be on tv.....seems more real than most comic tv news since ruck is going to have an active role

Both walking dead and game of thrones have both diverged from the original story. So I don't think number of issues is that big of a deal

Edited by krighton

I'm at the point where I don't think these books getting bought up for TV means a thing. It seems like it is just stake holding for future consideration. I can't see them turning a comic only a year or two old into a TV show so quickly. The story needs to develop a bit more.

That is no shot against Lazarus though. I'm really enjoying the book.

Rucka knows where the story is going to be most likely before he started the first issue therefore if he shared bits of that plan and world building to others and the studio loved the concept, which rocks btw, then why not jump on board. It looked like Legendary TV did just that. IMO not really a stretch for studios to be looking forward instead of backward.

I was talking to the Legendary people (they had a booth near CGC) and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them about Lazarus. I asked Rucka about it and he seemed very optimistic but did say he and Lark are EP's on it.

It didn't deter me into getting some SS on Lazarus 1!

If it does make it to tv. It's good chance it will hopefully. With the creator seemily

having more power than usual that will help this show a lot. Judging from the comic

If done right this could be a real good show.

If it does make it to tv. It's good chance it will hopefully. With the creator seemily

having more power than usual that will help this show a lot. Judging from the comic

If done right this could be a real good show.

I agree and it will be interesting to see who the main cast is. Proven or unknown or a mix.