• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I picked up the one in this picture from a boardie for a great price recently as a gift for the girlfriend.

IMG_1085_zpsnbro5e4v.jpg

As you can see, she's a HUGE bat-fan. It's not 9.6/9.8 territory, but there's only a few small color breaks on it & she doesn't care that much.

(yes, that is a batman dresser. no, I didn't buy it. It's her old dresser re-finished)

very nice very much on topic!

The Friday night Clink auctions are usually great for deals on Copper and Modern books. You can usually get them for 20-30% discount to GPA, or for even a larger discount. Needless to say I am bargain hunting tonight. lol

Normally I would say yes. But even ebay auctions have the book closing in the $1350-$1400 range.

-J.

The Friday night Clink auctions are usually great for deals on Copper and Modern books. You can usually get them for 20-30% discount to GPA, or for even a larger discount. Needless to say I am bargain hunting tonight. lol

Agreed...not the right avenue for that book at all. The people who want this book have better things to do on a Friday night.

Jim

I think there's a great point to be made… Who is the market for this book?!? People in there 50's-60's that collect Golden age books? I grew up when Wolverine was just starting to gather some gas… I always wanted a Hulk 181… Fast forward today… Ive owned a few; now that I am adult I can make it happen… I collect Copper and Moderns; so what?!? those are the books I like; and grew up with… HQ is attracting a different market that will presumably grow in the future… as with Deadpool… there's probably hoards of young people that want the book now but probably when they mature into buyers will finally have a piece of that pie… not necessarily the market I am in but I am familiar and do recall the animated series… now if TMNT can hit an increase in the next 10 years…

now what I remember was when I was 26… working at a restaurant… IH 181 was in the 1k range… I always eyeballed a 9.0 at 968 dollars or so…. it never happened… worked out for me later on when i bought a raw copy for 800 flipped it into the 9.0 I have today but thats a span of 10 years and my have the prices changed...

Edited by Snikt!1988

let's not forget… in some scenarios in todays world; women are becoming the bread winners… not a bad market for BA12 to be in as these young women begin to have careers(cosplayers included)… I think of certain books like Captain Britain 8; Detective Comics 359, Batman 181… and my fave NYX #3...

Edited by Snikt!1988

anyhow… I'm committed… I was thinking about CB #8 as my next purchase… but Instead it'll be detective comics 359… I should have these already but I dropped a load of cash on a 9.8 run of Cerebus 1-25(well 5-25 in 9.8 at least)… mostly file copies… I don't know what got into me… that pretty much translates into a 9.6 Hulk 181… :facepalm:

I picked up a 9.8 of these yesterday, made an offer and they accepted. Reminds me of the old Saturday morning cartoons

"Where does he get, such wonderful toys?!?"

Deep dark web my friend + low balling the out of people haha

whats the deep dark web?

I picked up a 9.8 of these yesterday, made an offer and they accepted. Reminds me of the old Saturday morning cartoons

"Where does he get, such wonderful toys?!?"

Deep dark web my friend + low balling the out of people haha

whats the deep dark web?

I honestly visit other comic book sites where people show there collections, they may have NFS on them but I make an offer and some people are more than happy to take it.

I know the seller, I'm going to ask and see if he actually got paid. As far as I'm concerned he has 2 copies.

Glad i got my 9.8 LONG ago.

Did noticed 2 new listings though, one from MCS at 2485 and another listed at 2295 with best offer.....yet the one listed at 1875 still hasn't sold. hm

Edited by Santos208

I know the seller, I'm going to ask and see if he actually got paid. As far as I'm concerned he has 2 copies.

Glad i got my 9.8 LONG ago.

Did noticed 2 new listings though, one from MCS at 2485 and another listed at 2295 with best offer.....yet the one listed at 1875 still hasn't sold. hm

ohhhhh that's pretty cool I like that A lot. I'm thinking the guys I purchased mine off are kicking them selves now.