• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

and its fair that I gave Harvey my ebay accounts in a private message, and he posted them here publicly in a dispute thread?

I posted them publicly to give you the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't appear that you regularly deal with selling comics as your items are a mix of many different items.

You have strong positive feedback numbers for both accounts (one is 100% positive feedback) so I was trying to dispel any notion that you were a scammer and just give you the benefit of the doubt that you made a mistake.

That is why I posted your eBay accounts. If my intentions were to damage your potential sales on eBay, I would have just posted them in the eBay blocked user thread. That has a list. That is updated. By me.

I also have two years of problem free transactions here. I offered a $5 compromise on shipping, it cost me $11.57 to ship the box, we clearly have a dispute. So the forum really prosecutes people over a matter like this?

Well all the mistakes are yours it's not up to someone else to split the cost of the mistakes with you.

You made it by yourself. You pay it by yourself.

I also have two years of problem free transactions here. I offered a $5 compromise on shipping, it cost me $11.57 to ship the box, we clearly have a dispute. So the forum really prosecutes people over a matter like this?

Well all the mistakes are yours it's not up to someone else to split the cost of the mistakes with you.

You made it by yourself. You pay it by yourself.

+1

You should just bite down and swallow the mistake man. I don't think anyone here is going to believe that Harvey is trying to rip you off. No one is even accusing you of being shady thus far, but it was deff. your mistake.

and its fair that I gave Harvey my ebay accounts in a private message, and he posted them here publicly in a dispute thread?

So you think eBay screen names are private?

Damnit.... lol

I edited it once I realize the error lol lol

It's Friday brother :foryou:

Sometimes people call me Swick

Wait.... No, that never happens lol lol

lol

It's an honor to be called either one

:foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Hello,

Your response seem fair,

Harvey and I are in a dispute about one of books missing, I know I sent it he claims he didn't get it.

So what do you do?

John

Even if Harveyswick wasn't a known entity and you weren't, the empirical facts would be against you objectively. There is the matter of the second printing sent when a first print was sold to the buyer. The second printing with the giant "2nd Print" marked on the backing board.

Given that error on your part there's no way for you to claim with any certainty that it was the only error you made. The only person who didn't make an error is Harvey. Given the choice between the two accounts ( reputation aside ) one from someone who made at least one clear negligent error and one who didn't, I can't imagine you'd think you have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to knowing what you put in that box.

Simply put: you screwed up on that second print, you can't claim you have 100% certainty to anything.

More simply put: don't be a dinkus and blow your board rep over $5-$6

What's the smallest dollar amount a nomination has ever been about? Would this be a record low?

Just pay the return shipping and be done with it.

Edited by wombat

Hello,

Your response seem fair,

Harvey and I are in a dispute about one of books missing, I know I sent it he claims he didn't get it.

So what do you do?

John

Even if Harveyswick wasn't a known entity and you weren't, the empirical facts would be against you objectively. There is the matter of the second printing sent when a first print was sold to the buyer. The second printing with the giant "2nd Print" marked on the backing board.

Given that error on your part there's no way for you to claim with any certainty that it was the only error you made. The only person who didn't make an error is Harvey. Given the choice between the two accounts ( reputation aside ) one from someone who made at least one clear negligent error and one who didn't, I can't imagine you'd think you have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to knowing what you put in that box.

Simply put: you screwed up on that second print, you can't claim you have 100% certainty to anything.

More simply put: don't be a dinkus and blow your board rep over $5-$6

gameday-bucket-go-boom-o.gif

:news: I found Vol.3 #1. :news:

Here is the book in his sales thread. Note the NM sticker.

j5l8p3.jpg

Here is what I received:

1zqedfl.jpg

He took it out if that bag and board with the "NM" sticker and turned it around. He told me the lot had variant issues so I thought that was one of the variant covers. doh!

However, Vol. 2 #2 is still a second print, #7 is a gold reprint and the books are clearly not "mostly NM".

But I at least wanted to clarify that Vol. 3 #1 was included.

I usually don't have any problem with my Ebay accounts being known or seen, however when my ebay accounts are made public attached to a negative post about me as a seller overall, (especially when that information was intended to be private) it can definitely hurt a reputation. In fact although he says that he was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt by posting my account names, in the same breath he publicly proclaimed what I considered NM comics "trash".

I usually don't have any problem with my Ebay accounts being known or seen, however when my ebay accounts are made public attached to a negative post about me as a seller overall, (especially when that information was intended to be private) it can definitely hurt a reputation. In fact although he says that he was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt by posting my account names, in the same breath he publicly proclaimed what I considered NM comics "trash".

Your posts are also doing a good job of this as well.