• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Wow.

Why, oh why, did I not buy this two years ago?!?!

It's always been on my list, but kept sliding down.

Not sure if I will ever own one now.

Just be patient and you will come across one via a clueless LCS (I picked up a nice copy a couple of years ago for $4 at a LCS that pulled out a BA run) or in a collection.

Wow.

Well, if BvS bombs, maybe SS gets canceled, and the bottom falls out? lol

I have a raw of this I have had for a few years, but its probably a 9.4/9.6, definitely not a 9.8

It was starting to rise before any movie hype though.

HQ is just so popular, and that is with awful comics.

It will be interesting if she ever gets a top level writer/artist team up, and an actually good story line.

Yah, I know, I watched when it jumped the first time to the $850/$900 range. I was mostly joking, though obviously if that scenario occurred it would bring it down a lot.

BA12 is like the DC version of NM98, which is the modern(ish) version of IH181. They are just one of those books that tons of people always want. Especially newer people entering the hobby, and going to their first con, etc.

It was starting to rise before any movie hype though.

HQ is just so popular, and that is with awful comics.

It will be interesting if she ever gets a top level writer/artist team up, and an actually good story line.

This book was still going in the $800 range prior to the requisite movie hype taking hold.

Then one randomly high "erroneous" mycomicshop sale via ebay for $1,690 (now removed from GPA) really got the speculator bubble rolling. :whee:

-J.

Wow.

Just be patient and you will come across one via a clueless LCS (I picked up a nice copy a couple of years ago for $4 at a LCS that pulled out a BA run) or in a collection.

This one came in a collection of 1990s long boxes. Like all finds I feel fortunate and disappointed all at once. There was a run of BA with random issues from 7 to 25. No 12. Combine that there were 4 copies of 11 and 6 copies of 13. Thinking it had to have been pulled but there were other holes along the way. Then I find this 12 randomly in other DC books from the era. Other Bat Adv as well but just the one 12. And fortunate that it stayed in top shape as it was bagged but not boarded.

Didn't even open the pages as I transferred it to a new bag, board and mylar. Hoping for a 9.6 with a great shot at 9.8 when I get it back from CGC.

scan0005_1.jpg

The Friday night Clink auctions are usually great for deals on Copper and Modern books. You can usually get them for 20-30% discount to GPA, or for even a larger discount. Needless to say I am bargain hunting tonight. lol

The Friday night Clink auctions are usually great for deals on Copper and Modern books. You can usually get them for 20-30% discount to GPA, or for even a larger discount. Needless to say I am bargain hunting tonight. lol

Agreed...not the right avenue for that book at all. The people who want this book have better things to do on a Friday night.

Jim

If it had stayed lower I would have bid on it. lol

Tonight I have snagged a couple of books for 20 - 25% GPA 90d average, and more from the last recorded sales. It is interesting to see some of the CBCS books go for less than the CGC books in the same grade. I thought that they were fetching a bit of a premium?

I did pay full price for one because I wanted it, though - the stupid Captain America #14 (winter soldier cover) in 9.8. After that I snagged the other two to make the combined shipping more palatable. lol

Edited by kimik

I picked up the one in this picture from a boardie for a great price recently as a gift for the girlfriend.

IMG_1085_zpsnbro5e4v.jpg

As you can see, she's a HUGE bat-fan. It's not 9.6/9.8 territory, but there's only a few small color breaks on it & she doesn't care that much.

(yes, that is a batman dresser. no, I didn't buy it. It's her old dresser re-finished)

If it had stayed lower I would have bid on it. lol

Tonight I have snagged a couple of books for 20 - 25% GPA 90d average, and more from the last recorded sales. It is interesting to see some of the CBCS books go for less than the CGC books in the same grade. I thought that they were fetching a bit of a premium?

I did pay full price for one because I wanted it, though - the stupid Captain America #14 (winter soldier cover) in 9.8. After that I snagged the other two to make the combined shipping more palatable. lol

CBCS books actually usually sell at a discount. And the gap seems to be widening.

-J.