• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

hm Not a bad idea. I know it needs a press, there's a small crease in the middle of the front cover which I don't 'think' breaks color IIRC. I'll get some scans posted tonight. Then I'll pack for ECCC! :banana:

Jerome

If you have the chance to to go a full weekend show with onsite grading, you should wait and do it that way

I hear they're not as free wheeling with the on-site grading as they once appeared to be.

-J.

LCS submitted their ASM 678 last year onsite and got a 9.8. It looked like a 9.2. I've said it before, I hope I get that guy this year!

hm Not a bad idea. I know it needs a press, there's a small crease in the middle of the front cover which I don't 'think' breaks color IIRC. I'll get some scans posted tonight. Then I'll pack for ECCC! :banana:

Jerome

Post up the scans and if it can benefit from a press, I can help you out.

I'll be set up at East Coast Comic Con.

If you'd like it pressed before the show, drop me a PM and I'll press it and bring it with me to ECCC for you to pick up and submit for grading.If interested, I can email or fax you a submission form (legally binding contract).

I've got board references....incidentally, I actually pressed a 678 ASM MJ Venom variant for a boardie last month, he subbed it to CGC at the BACC on the 7th......check my kudos thread for his feedback:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=8371768&Searchpage=3&Main=369207&Words=CopperAgeKids&topic=0&Search=true#Post8371768

I'm not really trying to make a buck pressing books for boardies now..... I would however like to build up positive feedback so if I decide to allocate more time down the line for pressing services, I'll have a springboard in place.

I guess I need to specify, I meant Emerald City Comicon. You know the one...where CGC REFUSES to do onsite grading (tsk)

I've got a presser who I've used for years, he's the only one I let touch my..............books. But thanks for the offer buddy (thumbs u

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Jerome

Post up the scans and if it can benefit from a press, I can help you out.

I'll be set up at East Coast Comic Con.

If you'd like it pressed before the show, drop me a PM and I'll press it and bring it with me to ECCC for you to pick up and submit for grading.If interested, I can email or fax you a submission form (legally binding contract).

I've got board references....incidentally, I actually pressed a 678 ASM MJ Venom variant for a boardie last month, he subbed it to CGC at the BACC on the 7th......check my kudos thread for his feedback:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=8371768&Searchpage=3&Main=369207&Words=CopperAgeKids&topic=0&Search=true#Post8371768

I'm not really trying to make a buck pressing books for boardies now..... I would however like to build up positive feedback so if I decide to allocate more time down the line for pressing services, I'll have a springboard in place.

I guess I need to specify, I meant Emerald City Comicon. You know the one...where CGC REFUSES to do onsite grading (tsk)

I've got a presser who I've used for years, he's the only one I let touch my..............books. But thanks for the offer buddy (thumbs u

Jerome

Gotcha, on both counts.And you're quite welcome, as well.

I checked out the scans and while it's hard to accurately gauge any book via a scan , I will say that I agree that with a press, it'd be a 9.8 candidate.In addition to the minor 2 flaws you noted, there seems to be a few subtle tics on the back of the cover's spine but none appear to break color.

CGC rarely offers onsite pressing and grading at cons, unless it is a 4 day Wizard show , I think they'd just get too slammed with a crazy workload at 2 day concs to offer on site grading, let alone on site pressing.

I'd submit it at ECCC for pressing and grading ,no doubt.Good call on that :)

Why oh why did you have to post that, I'm getting that itch again. So after selling a kidney what other organs don't we need?

Why oh why did you have to post that, I'm getting that itch again. So after selling a kidney what other organs don't we need?

Something else to add to that sweet sig line of yours ? :baiting:

-J.

-J.

haha, ugh probably hm still gotta add my Double cover New Mutants 98 to it.

-J.

Yours is looking pretty solid your self there 1st Hulk, Iron Man and Avengers oh my

-J.

haha, ugh probably hm still gotta add my Double cover New Mutants 98 to it.

Bam! And there it is. A little bit of something for everybody, with some really tough modern variants. (thumbs u

-J.

THATS a 9.8???

i got 9.6s looking better than that.

Your right there looks like a few color breaks on the spine, and those corners look a bit iffy

PGX grading.... :cloud9:

I suspect it will go for about what the last raw copy went for.

-J.

THATS a 9.8???

i got 9.6s looking better than that.

Your right there looks like a few color breaks on the spine, and those corners look a bit iffy

PGX grading.... :cloud9:

I suspect it will go for about what the last raw copy went for.

-J.

Yeah for me, once bitten twice shy

Im thinking there are gonna be some crazy sniper bids on that one. I still think if its a 9.6 which one went for 1500 a week or 2 ago. So upwards of that maybe 1600-1700 2c

Edited by thatcomicbookguy

Im thinking there are gonna be some crazy sniper bids on that one. I still think if its a 9.6 which one went for 1500 a week or 2 ago. So upwards of that maybe 1600-1700 2c

Or I could be completely wrong on that one