• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,275 posts in this topic

Question, Is there a modern day reprinting of the Second print of TMNT #1? I won this auction and just received my comic but it is a small photocopy/reprint of the second printing of #1. On the inside cover there are a lot of blue lines surrounding the borders, they look like chalk lines or something.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ninja-turtles-1-reprint-second-printing-/191511938279

The description is this "this comic is a reprint of the first tmnt comic book in nearly perfect condition" and the title was this - ninja turtles #1 reprint (second printing).

I took this as a TMNT #1 second print but it is a copy of the second printing...?

I asked for a return and the seller is giving me guff about it. Did I get ripped off?

Great News! I ended up working with eBay and getting a refund on this one. Unfortunately I had to get eBay involved since the seller wouldn't agree to a refund, but in the end it all worked out. Unfortunately in between getting charged and waiting for the refund I had to miss out on a TMNT #1 Second print for $200. That's one of the best prices i've seen in a while. Oh well, back to the hunt.

Did you have to return the book?

I did return the book. Sent it back in the same shape as it was sent to me. When i first asked to return it he told me that he would give ME half if I sent the book back, but i went for the full refund instead. I would have felt guilty if I would have gotten a refund and been able to keep the comic.

I figure this thread could use a bump. Here's one I got recently mostly because I like the cover.

TMNT%2033%20Jetpack%20First%20Turtle.jpg

Nice books guys. I love that b&W color classics.

Well, what the ....

Donatello died. For those of you who read this, please explain. It is true, but why? And REALLY??????????????

Donny???????

Not to say I wish it was another turtle, but if they were going to kill a turtle off (if any) I would think Raph, as he would be quick to take a bullet for an April or character similar to her (All of them would, but Raph would push the envelope- "you got beef." I understand that Rocksteady stomped his shell. I just can't believe it. Poor Donny!!!!

First of all let me say sorry for being MIA lately. Between selling as many books as I can, getting a new Gobbledygook set(pics coming soon), becoming ADDICTED to MUT 15, and other stuff I've been pulled around everywhere. I didn't get a chance to read the issue but a synopsis of it. I think Donny will be brought back, I'm guessing a trip to Dimension X, mutagen, or something else will revive him but I find it very graphic and stupid to show a shell breaking and other such.

Well, what the ....

Donatello died. For those of you who read this, please explain. It is true, but why? And REALLY??????????????

Donny???????

Not to say I wish it was another turtle, but if they were going to kill a turtle off (if any) I would think Raph, as he would be quick to take a bullet for an April or character similar to her (All of them would, but Raph would push the envelope- "you got beef." I understand that Rocksteady stomped his shell. I just can't believe it. Poor Donny!!!!

He is still alive.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/20/the-death-of-donatello-not-so-fast/

Well, what the ....

Donny???????

He is still alive.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/20/the-death-of-donatello-not-so-fast/

I read that, but I guess we shall find out. I guess they wanted to shock people. Let's get real here, they can't kill off Donny or a turtle for that matter. It would be "uncivilized" lol

Spoilers, people! I generally don't get to read my books until the weekend. :taptaptap:

My bad. I thought you'd be the first to know. People need to hear about this though. It's the biggest thing since sliced bread

Spoilers, people! I generally don't get to read my books until the weekend. :taptaptap:

Dang it, I hadn't read that either!

Wow man. I feel horrible. It was days ago. Again, I thought you'd be one of the first to know too. My Bad!!!!!!!!!!

I think there might be some weird price manipulation going on in the TMNT #1 9.0 GPA. According to GPA, there was a sale of a 9.0 OW/W for 2650 (almost 1200 less than the last previous sale prior to that. Then less than a month later, the book sells on eBay for $3399 to a 2 feedback buyer who was the only bidder on the book. O and up until February 26th the same book was listed on Comicconnect for sale for over $5,000. So not sure whats going on here but something doesn't smell right.

My wife and I went to an outlet store this weekend and I picked up a couple of these. I thought it was cool because I'd never seen Jim Lawson's work on anything officially licensed before. It's a decorative wall tin roughly 11 x 14.

scan0001.jpg