• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

To this day I can't believe I thought it was cool for an actor to wiggle his knuckles to simulate morphing into a panther or something. :roflmao:

Quality special effects! Eat ya heart out Beast Boy... ;)

Frozen 2: Elsa Vs Iceman

Hyper Powered Villain 'Vartox' Reportedly Cast In SUPERGIRL TV Series

It looks like Melissa Benoist's Supergirl has another foe in her upcoming TV series as io9 reports that The Mentalist and Extant star Owain Yeoman has been cast as Vartox in the DC Comics adaptation. In the comic books, he's as powerful as Superman and can change his appearance at will. He once battled Power Girl in a bid to get her to help him repopulate his planet. However, "The New 52" has portrayed him as a sports broadcaster, and that seems like a more likely option in this series.

Vartox_(Earth-One)_002.jpg

It looks like Melissa Benoist's Supergirl has another foe in her upcoming TV series as io9 reports that The Mentalist and Extant star Owain Yeoman has been cast as Vartox in the DC Comics adaptation. In the comic books, he's as powerful as Superman and can change his appearance at will. He once battled Power Girl in a bid to get her to help him repopulate his planet. However, "The New 52" has portrayed him as a sports broadcaster, and that seems like a more likely option in this series.

(thumbs u This is one back issue that I need to find asap!

(thumbs u This is one back issue that I need to find asap!

Power Girl: Power Trip (2014) TPB (thumbs u

The Vartox story is a bit silly though...

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like an odd choice for a villain... yes "he's as powerful a Superman" but also a C-List villain. I guess he's easier to do than Silver Banshee and generates less fees than Lex Luthor... hm ...Maybe?

Don't make me angry. Seriously, dude. You would SO not like me when I'm angry.

959x1400.jpg

Kara's heat vision tended to have a left side bias...

Tempus to Lois: "Remember me?" (Takes off glasses) "How about now? ... Sorry, private joke."

Someone lightened their hair for some reason.

melissa-benoist-blake-jenner-spirit-awards-2015-07.jpg

Comparing it to the pic Bosco posted on page 6, I think it is! My guess is a small eye procedure earlier that day...

The Supergirl that Gary Frank drew had blonde hair while Supergirl but was a brunette when she was in her "civilian" guise.

hm

Also - why would anyone hold the coffee-tray that way? Looks like she is asking for a spill/accident. /suspension of disbelief

-slym

Found this at Supergirl.tv. I had a sneaking suspicion you were right!

thedrop.jpg

Spooning around with fake signatures. For when one sign off just isn't enough...

You read the comments on that link? Where did they get that info ??? Amateur what now!?! Crazy...

Dumber than a bag of wet mice...

Unfortunately, comicbookmovies allows a lot of comments that other sites would shoot immediately. Especially cursing each other out on there about these articles.

You should read how harsh they critique the article writers.

:eek: