• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,807 posts in this topic

Another great rescue from the dollar-bin!

ROM_3issues_zpsrbi41n9o.jpg

QUESTION: Is there any difference in value between the Direct edition (diamond price box, line through barcode) and the Newsstand editions?

No difference for CGC. I don't think anything will make the difference with those price boxes.

Another great rescue from the dollar-bin!

ROM_3issues_zpsrbi41n9o.jpg

QUESTION: Is there any difference in value between the Direct edition (diamond price box, line through barcode) and the Newsstand editions?

The diamond box price boxes were sold in the Whitman comic packs. Some dealers are actively hyping them so depends on who you talk to. They ARE NOT reprints which was thought by many

I picked up a couple hundred Stars & Stripes newspapers dated 1943-1945 from a craigslist ad . They obviously have cool historic value but also include several comics strips including Milton Caniff's Terry and the Pirates and Male Call, Lil Abner, Blondie and others. Some of the issues also include a little cheesecake for our GIs. They certainly deserved it. There were also ~30 issues of Yank magazine.

I found the 11/3/1943 headline (in background in first pic) strangely relevant.

001_zpsclmohwl2.jpg

002_zpsbk4xeayz.jpg

003_zpsqh3kdkyc.jpg

Clearance Auction last night:

600+ Phantoms - 20 in average condition, 20% vfn, the rest NM. Some still in wrapper.

Earliest issue in the 500's, most 800 - 1400.

About 30 specials with repro #1 - #10 in NM condition.

Pair of 1964 12" GI Joes with bag full of parts

Genuine "Australian Penthouse" Vinyl folder with 12 mint issues, including the stunning early '80's Madonna nude shoot (and I mean frontally nude)

35ish Sci-Fi pulps from 1950's

20 English Girls Comics from 1960's in VFN - haven't researched them yet, but doubt there is much of a market.

Lot of listing to do - I feel like Chuck must do every time he gets home! :grin:

P3120004_zps2n1pyrun.jpg

P3120003_zpsdtn4twie.jpg

P3120001_zpsyifpngxy.jpg

I was explaining to someone last week about how huge The Phantom is in Australia and, slightly less, in Europe. They couldn't grasp it.

"You mean the guy in purple?"

"Yeah."

"No powers or anything."

"Yeah."

"Popular?"

"Incredibly."

[pause]

"The guy in purple?"

Plattsburgh, baby!!

I dunno...I just always wanted them. And I needed more books so I could pay with my debit card!

Too bad the Invincible has that gash in the middle of the cover :(

600+ Phantoms - 20 in average condition, 20% vfn, the rest NM. Some still in wrapper.

Genuine "Australian Penthouse" Vinyl folder with 12 mint issues, including the stunning early '80's Madonna nude shoot (and I mean frontally nude)

20 English Girls Comics from 1960's in VFN - haven't researched them yet, but doubt there is much of a market.

Lot of listing to do - I feel like Chuck must do every time he gets home! :grin:

P3120004_zps2n1pyrun.jpg

P3120003_zpsdtn4twie.jpg

P3120001_zpsyifpngxy.jpg

Phantom has always been one of my favorites. At a yard sale, recently, I picked up six hard back dailies covering the 30's and 40's.

In the late 90's I found an original GI Joe in the box for $1.50.

P3120004_zps2n1pyrun.jpg

P3120003_zpsdtn4twie.jpg

P3120001_zpsyifpngxy.jpg

Phantom has always been one of my favorites. At a yard sale, recently, I picked up six hard back dailies covering the 30's and 40's.

Thanks chaps.

Chip and Buzzetta, being the absolute Gents that they are have given me the info that the 2 GI Joes are from the 1964 "Soldiers Of The World" collection, namely the British Commando and German Stormtrooper.

So thanks guys!

It also turns out that the English Girls comics from the 1960's are highly collectable with one selling for 30 pounds!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Princess-Tina-and-Penelope-Magazine-3-January-1970-David-Bowie-/391020240685?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item5b0a9f5f2d&nma=true&si=VuymeKu7m%252FXs7lDC4JZMX%252FSS6UI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Who knew?

Went to the estate sale today.

Missed the chance to grab some minor key issues after three guys ran off with them.

So what was left so I decided to grab most of the remaining comic collection. I hope I didn't regret with my decision and I didn't want to go home empty hands.

I am going to sell all of them in the selling area only thread now.

IMG_9456_zps0m6qb6ym.jpg

IMG_9457_zpszbh2elbh.jpg

IMG_9458_zpsxkdgvjxa.jpg

IMG_9459_zpsmru1ml6h.jpg

IMG_9460_zpskdlfissg.jpg

IMG_9461_zpspz8wbp3u.jpg

IMG_9462_zpsjbvo4pny.jpg

IMG_9463_zpsydzw9kgp.jpg

IMG_9464_zps72jzo0yb.jpg

IMG_9465_zpsjrfw82ef.jpg

IMG_9466_zpsrgh8dwms.jpg

IMG_9467_zpslbmfv38p.jpg

IMG_9468_zpsqqnjvcgk.jpg

IMG_9469_zps1vaypucf.jpg

P3120004_zps2n1pyrun.jpg

P3120003_zpsdtn4twie.jpg

P3120001_zpsyifpngxy.jpg

Thanks chaps.

Chip and Buzzetta, being the absolute Gents that they are have given me the info that the 2 GI Joes are from the 1964 "Soldiers Of The World" collection, namely the British Commando and German Stormtrooper.

So thanks guys!

It also turns out that the English Girls comics from the 1960's are highly collectable with one selling for 30 pounds!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Princess-Tina-and-Penelope-Magazine-3-January-1970-David-Bowie-/391020240685?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item5b0a9f5f2d&nma=true&si=VuymeKu7m%252FXs7lDC4JZMX%252FSS6UI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Who knew?

well done mate! Love those sci fish!And the English girl comics are likely rare as heck!

Congrats on the books :headbang: We travel up to NY a few times a year and found some great comics almost every trip. Looking fwd to the Summer trip.... My better half's uncle mentioned that he has quite a few comics stored away.

Wishing everyone continued good finds :wishluck:

What were the minor keys? Where was this? I checked and didn't see any estate sales worth much

I saw three people snatched Journey into Mystery #86 first Odin, early Tales of Suspense issue, Batman #200 and Our Army at War #85 1st Ice Cream Soldier. I don't know how many more books they took. Just glanced at them in their bags.

Missed them by few minutes so I decided to grab many books I could find. Made the offers to the people who handled the estate sales. They accepted my offer.

Those pictures showed only five books online but there were 60-70 books. Two guys took about 15 of them. One young guy took two. I took 34. The remaining books are not worth money. The people told me all comic books were brought down from the attic first time since early 1970's and they didn't have time to do the appraisal on them. She told me that owner wanted $500 for whole collection but no one did. We bought individuals much cheaper. I will say half of them have slight brittle edges due to the heat inside the attic for many years. Some edges looked like burned but moisture damages that became brittle condition.

My opinion is for the estate people are totally amateurs. Three guys were ahead of me and I didn't know they had the numbers. I took #29 and waited for 20 minutes outside before I got inside. The estate people didn't tell me that and they were unprepared. The door was finally opened 15 minutes after 10am.

Also, they didn't take the pictures enough for the comic books. What I saw inside the house is more than the pictures.

Edited by JollyComics