• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm Dave. I've been collecting comics on and off since the mid-70s but I'm new to the forums and just got a paid CGC membership at the Big Apple Comic Con this March. I had a great collection in the 70s and then unfortunately sold all of it in the 80s and 90s (I held onto my run of the Uncanny X-Men and stupidly sold it when I thought I needed money). I started collecting again in the late 90s and haven't stopped since. I've been working backwards, starting with Bronze, then Silver, and now a bit of Golden Age comics. The Flash was my first love in the 70s (hence my board name) and I had a huge run, which I sold. I'm building an even bigger run now. I'm both happy and sad that the TV show is making the Flash more popular again...which is driving up the prices.

For most of my life, I was the only person I knew who collected comics and never talked about it with anyone. Now it seems like everyone I meet is into comics and happy that my hobby (obsession?) is interesting to strangers.

I've enjoyed reading the forum posts and look forward to some interesting discussions.

Yes the movies have made alot of folks comic book collectors. In the 1980's and 90's I was the only person who collected and most of the attitude was why are you collecting those kids items. etc. My girlfriends used to look at me like I was not growing up and one would just see dollar signs when I showed her my collection. What we could buy with them. Now seems I meet comic book collectors all the time. Just last week a customer walked in to my store and saw my comic stuff in my office and we got into a comic book conversation for 10 minutes. Anyways welcome to the boards.

Yes the movies have made alot of folks comic book collectors. In the 1980's and 90's I was the only person who collected and most of the attitude was why are you collecting those kids items. etc. My girlfriends used to look at me like I was not growing up and one would just see dollar signs when I showed her my collection. What we could buy with them. Now seems I meet comic book collectors all the time. Just last week a customer walked in to my store and saw my comic stuff in my office and we got into a comic book conversation for 10 minutes. Anyways welcome to the boards.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Name's Garry and am from the UK. Was into comics way back in the 80s -90s,then sold up and moved on,(getting married and having kids)

Now after many years,I've been slowly getting back into collecting.

I've been lurking on the board for a few months now and finally decided to register.

Anyway,look forward learning from you guys.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Max and live in South FL. Longtime reader and collector. Got back into the hobby at the beginning of 2002. I grew up with Marvel & DC, I still enjoy them (how much longer? Don't know ha ha) as well as various Independents obviously. Lurked previously and now I am glad be a part of this community.

Hi all. I'm Tim. I've been out of the comic game for about 20 years, but it's grabbed ahold of me again :D

Been lurking for a while and made a few really nice purchases the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to the Boards,be good,bow to your successors,don't a jackazz,and you will be fine. lol

Just kidding,have a great time on the best most knowledgeable comic book site there is. :applause:

Still don't be a jackazz! :taptaptap:

Hey everyone. Just popping in to introduce myself. I'm pretty new to the comic book world and got into it after going to my first Con. It was actually my wife that got me started. I've collected toys in the past but never comics. Been mostly reading newer stuff like the new Star Wars stuff and GOTG but am starting to branch out.

Hey everyone. Just popping in to introduce myself. I'm pretty new to the comic book world and got into it after going to my first Con. It was actually my wife that got me started. I've collected toys in the past but never comics. Been mostly reading newer stuff like the new Star Wars stuff and GOTG but am starting to branch out.

Welcome.