• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

With the recent discussion about 10K+ books coming to market, what do you see as new trends separating from the GA pack? Specifically, what books in the under 5K range has the potential to see 10K a few years from now?
ahh, that is the 5K question, isn't it....

and since I specialize in picking these type books up (ie AS 8 I was buying for years before the recent explosion), surely that is one answer /opinion I will keep to myself :blush:

If you don't mind me asking how many copies of AS 8 do you have?

Thanks for the info. Reveling trade secrets with me isn't going to create a new competitor. I collect what I like. I've got my own goose that laid the golden egg chained up in the basement.

I just like to get inside the mind of the G.A.tor.

With the recent discussion about 10K+ books coming to market, what do you see as new trends separating from the GA pack? Specifically, what books in the under 5K range has the potential to see 10K a few years from now?

and since I specialize in picking these type books up (ie AS 8 I was buying for years before the recent explosion), surely that is one answer /opinion I will keep to myself :blush:

I had 9....sold 8 of them...have bought 2 recently just to have...so 3 total right now...but the huge spreads are "gone" imo

Thanks for the info. Reveling trade secrets with me isn't going to create a new competitor. I collect what I like. I've got my own goose that laid the golden egg chained up in the basement.

I just like to get inside the mind of the G.A.tor.

I'd like to get inside too lol

I had 9....sold 8 of them...have bought 2 recently just to have...so 3 total right now...but the huge spreads are "gone" imo

Many thanks. After watching the SP copy skyrocket in the recent CL auction they certainly look gone.

Huhhh? If he told you, he'd have to kill you. Everybody has books on their "private" list that we keep to ourselves for obvious reasons. Mine are just a lot lower on the food chain...

I'm hoping my Tec 38 and Action 23 end up appreciating from 5K to 10K books. :wishluck:

Do you have a group of books in your collection that you have on display so you can enjoy them on a daily basis?
yes...though most are not "out" except when I want to enjoy them

Most surprising CC auction (high or low) to this point?

mf73....just "stoopid" money for that copy....but supply/demand

That is amazing. Seems like there's a lot of expectation for the future popularity of those characters baked in there.

Most surprising CC auction (high or low) to this point?

mf73....just "stoopid" money for that copy....but supply/demand

That is amazing. Seems like there's a lot of expectation for the future popularity of those characters baked in there.

Yea, banking on movie success. Never a guarantee