• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

As with most ages, there is no unanimous definition of the official "end" of the Silver age, which someone extend of a few years, but I do agree that for the FF it was about over when Kirby left… the Buscema ones "feel" like Bronze, as much as the early Sub-Mariners, Iron Man, etc.

I’ll fix the post to have them all in a row… ;)

73 has always been one of my favorite covers. Love that white background. Nice copy Vail!

.....first CGC book I ever bought was FF 73...... old label 8.0 back in '02..... it had "writing on 14th page" but was o/w a 9.0..... it got MY attention..... I found this place while researching them. Turned out the writing was Darryl Hannah's phone number.... I called it and she thought I was someone else, talked dirty to me for about 15 minutes until she caught on, "HEY!........You're not Armand !"..... and hung up :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

73 has always been one of my favorite covers. Love that white background. Nice copy Vail!

.....first CGC book I ever bought was FF 73...... old label 8.0 back in '02..... it had "writing on 14th page" but was o/w a 9.0..... it got MY attention..... I found this place while researching them. Turned out the writing was Darryl Hannah's phone number.... I called it and she thought I was someone else, talked dirty to me for about 15 minutes until she caught on, "HEY!........You're not Armand !"..... and hung up :sorry: GOD BLESS....

That has GOT to be one of the best comic book stories I've ever heard!

A pretty FF is prettier than a pretty issue of any other run.

That's a fact. :whatev:

I would say it’s an axiom. And Reed would agree with me…

Well, at least before Bendis, Millar and Hickman messed with him. :insane:

Reed Richards :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Did you see the FF 3 in the latest Clink auction......1200 for an 8.5 that only had cover cleaned and staple replacement ? That was a pretty book. GOD BLESS...

Villains, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

This particular villain captured my heart a long time ago. That anguished iron mask, his annoying energy blasts, and an unexpected penchant for profane mystical arts struck me as so idiosyncratic and fascinating. I encountered Doom as a Byrnes-era reader, but the early Kirby renderings of him are so quirky that I was drawn to them.

I have a small collection of villains' first appearances. Now I just a mid-grade IM 55 to have my three villainous favorites: Galactus, Doom, and Thanos.

FqVyQ7ul.jpg

aoknWKpl.jpg

Villains, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

This particular villain captured my heart a long time ago. That anguished iron mask, his annoying energy blasts, and an unexpected penchant for profane mystical arts struck me as so idiosyncratic and fascinating. I encountered Doom as a Byrnes-era reader, but the early Kirby renderings of him are so quirky that I was drawn to them.

I have a small collection of villains' first appearances. Now I just a mid-grade IM 55 to have my three villainous favorites: Galactus, Doom, and Thanos.

FqVyQ7ul.jpg

aoknWKpl.jpg

As I said already that is one sweet copy :cloud9: right in my grade range. (thumbs u