• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I was really surprised at the final price on this one:

The Brave and the Bold #28 Justice League of America (DC, 1960) CGC Apparent GD+ 2.5

$657.25 including buyer's premium, and the restoration read, "Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, reinforced. (First three and eighth wraps married. Top and bottom edges of cover trimmed.)"

So half the book was married, with 2 edges trimmed, and still close to full 2.0 guide price.

Because, at the end of the day, despite all the witchcraft that took place on that mangled but key book, it looks mighty nice in that slab ...

I was really surprised at the final price on this one:

The Brave and the Bold #28 Justice League of America (DC, 1960) CGC Apparent GD+ 2.5

$657.25 including buyer's premium, and the restoration read, "Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, reinforced. (First three and eighth wraps married. Top and bottom edges of cover trimmed.)"

So half the book was married, with 2 edges trimmed, and still close to full 2.0 guide price.

Because, at the end of the day, despite all the witchcraft that took place on that mangled but key book, it looks mighty nice in that slab ...

Yeah, I'll give you that, nice looking book.

Nice. Let's see this book run up a bit in all grades........

Spoken as someone who has one, I guess. :frustrated:

Sorry.

Be patient, though, and you will find one. Last year I jumped on a 3.5 for a high price as I did not think my low bid in an auction for a 4.5 would hold. It did, though, so there are bargains to be found.

Edited by kimik

Nice. Let's see this book run up a bit in all grades........

Spoken as someone who has one, I guess. :frustrated:

Sorry.

Be patient, though, and you will find one. Last year I jumped on a 3.5 for a high price as I did not think my low bid in an auction for a 4.5 would hold. It did, though, so there are bargains to be found.

And don't be shy about going after 1.0s, 1.5s and 1.8s. Sometimes they are missing a coupon or have some other material defect but otherwise they are very attractive, collectible and relatively affordable. There will be a strong market for these low-grade copies once that Batman-Superman movie rolls out next year.

Here is a 3.0 for a decent price:

http://www.heronext.com/listings/view/11393081

Decent price - downright steal... I can't get the image of the comic to pop-up. Is this a reputable dealer?

Must have sold, I looked at it before, but no longer on the site.

Here is a 3.0 for a decent price:

http://www.heronext.com/listings/view/11393081

Decent price - downright steal... I can't get the image of the comic to pop-up. Is this a reputable dealer?

Must have sold, I looked at it before, but no longer on the site.

Yes he's a reputable seller :thumbsup:

I decided to auction it off. I'll honor the price if anyone contacts me about it before Thursday.

I think it's incredible that we're saying $19, 800 is a "steal" - I remember buying a mid-grade copy for just over a grand only a few years ago. Things slowed down a little, let's be happy if occasionally a one gets through the net a little cheaper :grin:

I think it's incredible that we're saying $19, 800 is a "steal" - I remember buying a mid-grade copy for just over a grand only a few years ago. Things slowed down a little, let's be happy if occasionally a one gets through the net a little cheaper :grin:

I am onboard with this!

Just wish I had the available cash to grab it - was hoping it is someone on the boards!

This seems to still be there:

http://www.heronext.com/listings

I thought those prices were long gone... :popcorn:

42% over what the last one went for 4 months ago and you think the price is low? And the one that sold 4 months ago was an all time high? I think you have unreasonable expectations on the growth rate of comics.