• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,601 posts in this topic

How overpriced are the WW#1 and Sensation #1s on ebay right now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sensation-Comics-1-CGC-5-5-Golden-Age-Key-Comic-1st-Wonder-Woman-Cover-L-K-/291408166398?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

Here's one (: discuss . . .

It seems the WW key books are a bit all over the place in terms of pricing, so it's really hard to say where FMV is right now. GPA certainly doesn't have much in the way of sales of Sen1 in the past 12 months other than a 5.0 with LT-Tan pages and Tape on Cover (and a fairly large piece at that) going for $16,133. So a much nicer looking 5.5 with OW pages and a real clean FC certainly should be valued much higher than that.

Also, just looking at AS8, recent 5.5 sold for $44,813 and a 5.0 sold for $28,680. The 5.0 was sold at the last Heritage auction where they listed the start time incorrectly (CST vs EST), so it was thought to have sold about $10k-$12k below market value due to the fact that the listing ended before most folks thought the auction was even going to start.

If Overstreet is any help at all, it values a Sen1 at about 65% or so of a comparable AS8 given same grade. Probably a stretch, but that would place a Sen1 5.5 somewhere between $19k (if you assume the last AS8 Heritage auction is FMV, which many argue it was way too low) to about $29k. Just based on recent AS8 sales.

So my clearly amateur guess for a nice looking Sen1 5.5 with OW pages is about $25k give or take. It makes me think this particular ebay listing isn't too far off-base. Now, on the other hand, the conserved Sen1 1.0 on ebay with the $45k asking price is absurd.

from a retailing perspective, this is how I value:

ww 1 are about 4000-4500 a point

Sen 1 are about 5000 a point

as 8 is about 7000-7500 a point

lots of folks don't like trimmed books....

Ah, good point. Just strange to see it sit there, since a .05 or 1 (I forget) sold for $5K recently on Clink.

I wonder how low they would go on make an offer hm

Edited by StingerMcK

Still a nice looking copy for just a 4.0. I've gained some new respect for lower graded CGC books lately.

They seem to be a lot tougher than the competition.

Still a nice looking copy for just a 4.0. I've gained some new respect for lower graded CGC books lately.

They seem to be a lot tougher than the competition.

Thanks! It was a raw buy at a small show. I couldn't believe I found it considering how long I've been looking.

Impossible book to find so I'm just happy to have a copy. Would LOVE to trade up or overpay for a higher graded copy if anyone has one they would consider selling!

4293d164-a3da-402a-8b3b-b0f3c64b1f01_zps7wkhvv7f.jpg

Personal fave. I used to have two copies of this book years ago when i was in a WW phase. :(