• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,883 posts in this topic

So, I found something purely by accident last week. Should be here tomorrow. :wishluck:

:popcorn:

Looks like whatever it was found him first :eek:

I have been checking back with eager anticipation. hm Please don't hang us out to dry. :headbang:

Hi fellow Dave Stevens fans! I need a little help here. Please check out the photo below. These two toys came from Dave's estate through a friend of mine that was real close friends with him. My friend said that the one on the left was used as a model on one of his covers. Maybe power of sugesstion, but I am real sure I have seen this exact vehicle on one of his covers. Can any one verify this with a picture of the cover it was used on? Some one suggested Planet #1 but that isn't what I was thinking of. Thanks in advance if you can help!

spacetoysdavestevens_zpsldpeftvj.jpg

looks like planet 1 to me; but I'm not sure I buy that theory because there is a GA issue of planet that has the planet 1 vehicle and to me that's Dave's inspiration for the vehicle he went with. I suppose its possible he used elements of both the GA planet and the toy.

You may be thinking of 3d zone 16 but that's basically the same vehicle as the planet 1 (similar anyways)

342486-21059-126161-1-planet-comics.jpg

720476-planet_58.jpg

16-1.jpg

Thanks for the research on this. My friend who I got these from also had a lot of Dave's comics. I know he had some Planets and that #58 rings a bell. I'll have to ask him I'm sure he knows which issue it is. The minute I saw that toy I had that deja vu that I had seen it on one of his covers. I remember it being almost a straight up copy of the toy. This will drive me crazy I think...

Sorry for the delay. Funny how work and family get in the way of fun. :D It's not pristine, but I'll take it. Considering what copies in worse shape are going for at times. Best part is, I wasn't even looking for it.

image.jpg2_zpsxg6tlt0k.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Funny how work and family get in the way of fun. :D It's not pristine, but I'll take it. Considering what copies in worse shape are going for at times. Best part is, I wasn't even looking for it.

image.jpg2_zpsxg6tlt0k.jpg

Out of all of the Dave Stevens cover books I've owned (and that's damned near every one of them), this is one of the few I have never had a copy of. Congrats! :applause:

Can that book be graded and added to the Registry?

Should be.If I recall it's the same size as the Marvel Graphic Novels or real real close.

Nothing shows up on GPA so one could have been graded but never been sold. Give 'em a call, give them the overall dimensions and see what happens. :wishluck:

Should be.If I recall it's the same size as the Marvel Graphic Novels or real real close.

Nothing shows up on GPA so one could have been graded but never been sold. Give 'em a call, give them the overall dimensions and see what happens. :wishluck:

Ok, so I just got a copy. Definitley the size of Marvel Graphic Novel. About a 9.2 or so for $30

Did I pay too much or get a deal?

Ok, so I just got a copy. Definitley the size of Marvel Graphic Novel. About a 9.2 or so for $30

Did I pay too much or get a deal?

Solid 9.2 or better for $30 ? Sounds like a deal. (thumbs u Edited by kdoginohio

Anyone happen across this defect with your Vanguard Illustrated 2's?

Missing Pages 5-8.

th_comic_collection%20008_zpsxpyyawsg.jpg

Two Page 11's.

th_comic_collection%20010_zpsxgqemmfp.jpg

Two Page 21's.

th_comic_collection%20012_zpsqvzpfem1.jpg

Two Page 23's.

th_comic_collection%20013_zpsamwzmv4k.jpg

Missing Pages 25-28.

th_comic_collection%20014_zpskkknxltd.jpg

:ohnoez: