• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

Ever since the trailer this forum has been at the top of the threads lately guess this book is due for a comeback like peops have been saying for a while

FF1 is the new Hulk 1.

We can only hope.

Historically, this was the most valuable Marvel book.

I would really like to see it regain that position, although it is probably unlikely that it will ever pass up AF15.

Ever since the trailer this forum has been at the top of the threads lately guess this book is due for a comeback like peops have been saying for a while

FF1 is the new Hulk 1.

We can only hope.

I would really like to see it regain that position, although it is probably unlikely that it will ever pass up AF15.

Not likely that FF1 will catch Hulk 1. Its a simple matter of supply and demand. Currently there is less supply of the Hulk 1 book available. According to CGC Hulk 1 has a total of 1154 books graded, versus 1538 for FF1. That's ~30% less graded Hulk 1s on the market. That effects pricing a lot. That said, I do agree that the demand for FF1 will likely continue to rise, but so will Hulk - given he's likely the most stable character in the Marvel universe, since he doesn't age (thank you CGI). Not sure FF1 demand will rise at a faster rate than Hulk 1. Time will tell.

Fortunately, I'm a proud holder of both #1s and hope for nothing but a meteoric rise on both books! :)

FF1 is the new Hulk 1.

We can only hope.

Not likely that FF1 will catch Hulk 1. Its a simple matter of supply and demand. Currently there is less supply of the Hulk 1 book available. According to CGC Hulk 1 has a total of 1154 books graded, versus 1538 for FF1. That's ~30% less graded Hulk 1s on the market. That effects pricing a lot. That said, I do agree that the demand for FF1 will likely continue to rise, but so will Hulk - given he's likely the most stable character in the Marvel universe, since he doesn't age (thank you CGI). Not sure FF1 demand will rise at a faster rate than Hulk 1. Time will tell.

If the August 2015 movie is a success and a viable FF movie franchise is born, I think FF1 will over-take Hulk 1 once again over the years to come. As the GPA sales data shows, it was until relatively recently (2011) that FF1 consistently had higher market value than Hulk 1. And then in 2011 and the following three years, largely thanks to the lead up to, and over-whelming success of, the Avengers movie that Hulk 1 exploded. From 2011 to 2014, the market just lost interest in a title that Marvel Studios contractually can't nourish and that seemed abandoned -- the victim of a pair of horrific movies in 2005/2007. Yes, there are fewer Hulk 1s, but in absolute numbers, not by a great amount. FF is by far a more beloved title/set of characters than is Hulk. And the historical importance of FF to comics/superheroes goes without saying. But there is a lot of skeptiscm in what Fox can deliver especially after considering their 2005/2007 FF effort, and that's why we're seeing renewed interest and price increases in FF1 but not explosive growth -- yet.

Having said that, I also don't see FF1 ever retaking AF15's grip on the Silver Age grail to own.

Punching my ticket!

FF1CGC65_zps5qtfuwmj.jpg

..... now you just need to do the right thing......bump that yucky D.C. from your sig line and replace it with it's daddy.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sweet trio man, I recognize it from your pics on instagram. lol

Yep that's me.

:gossip: it's JamieK66 here. lol

Jeez we see each other everywhere. 1st facebook, then IG.

I kinda want to pull that pic of yours down because no matter what I say, people still think it's mine...

But it has the most likes out of any of my other pics... :facepalm:

Much thanks to Boardies Bunky Brian and Primetime for allowing me to purchase my first ever FF # 1. Both know their Silver Age Keys very well. They guided me through a purchase that worked for me very well! Holy Geez! An FF # 1!! I still can't believe it! :applause:

Fantastic%20Four%201%20front%20cover.jpg

Fantastic%20Four%201%20back%20cover.jpg

Much thanks to Boardies Bunky Brian and Primetime for allowing me to purchase my first ever FF # 1. Both know their Silver Age Keys very well. They guided me through a purchase that worked for me very well! Holy Geez! An FF # 1!! I still can't believe it! :applause:

Fantastic%20Four%201%20front%20cover.jpg

Fantastic%20Four%201%20back%20cover.jpg

:banana: congrats!!

I love it!

Obviously has seen better days, but still presents really well.

My first copy was very similar, and the day I bought it was the best day I've had in this hobby.

Congratulations!

Thanks KirbyJack! (thumbs u