• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I ended up blocking this guy as he seems to spell trouble. Kept messaging me saying my Batman Adventures #12 CGC 9.4 is way overpriced and that it is only worth $300 according to the "price guide". He wrote several messages too and seems to be quite adamant about it.

890jasm

I wasn´t planning to do this but the buyer gave me no choice...

Ebay user name : kennethsarmstrong10

Board user name : VanillaSimba

Few days ago i received 3 offers at ebay for one of my books , the 3 offers where automatically declined , but the buyer was close to the minimum , so i decided to contact him , invite him here to the boards and give him a 10% discount and close the deal .

This is on a thread...

I received 3 mails yesterday :

- One from paypal """"" sent you $$$$

- One from here (a PM) "Hey buddy! I'm so excited!!! I just sent the $ " . So i reply received! i will ship your book tomorrow!

- and one mail from paypal 15 minutes later : "A review of recent transactions indicates that you received a payment that

was not authorized by the PayPal account holder.

For your protection, we have reversed this transaction."

After this i created a thread asking if i should cancel the deal because i was really freaked out ...

Someone posted that maybe it was his bank or credit card , so i decided to wait for an explanation . After 20 minutes i write him a mail asking him what happened , telling him i am not comfortable with this...

I received no answer... the guy has my e mail , ebay and pm here to reach me but instead of contacting me he creates a thread here asking for our advice about buying a comic book with a similar price of mine

thread

Few days ago i received 3 offers at ebay for one of my books , the 3 offers where automatically declined , but the buyer was close to the minimum , so i decided to contact him , invite him here to the boards and give him a 10% discount and close the deal .

This is on a thread...

- One from here (a PM) "Hey buddy! I'm so excited!!! I just sent the $ " . So i reply received! i will ship your book tomorrow!

- and one mail from paypal 15 minutes later : "A review of recent transactions indicates that you received a payment that

After this i created a thread asking if i should cancel the deal because i was really freaked out ...

Someone posted that maybe it was his bank or credit card , so i decided to wait for an explanation . After 20 minutes i write him a mail asking him what happened , telling him i am not comfortable with this...

I received no answer... the guy has my e mail , ebay and pm here to reach me but instead of contacting me he creates a thread here asking for our advice about buying a comic book with a similar price of mine

thread

lol

To summarize.

This buyer was close enough for you to seek out completing the deal here.

You invite him here & try to complete a deal.

Paypal or credit card gives you bad vibes with rejection/reversal & I don't see any indication that you tried to sort out the payment problem with buyer or payment facilitator.

You wait 20 minutes. :taptaptap:

You start a thread detailing your experience as seller dealing with a potential anonymous scammer, you did the thread even though you have all his contact info.

Now I guess you are fed up and naming him here now - how did he "give you no choice" ?

Was it the fact that this guy you invited here had a payment that got fouled up or is it the fact that he started a thread here asking for opinions the same way you did even though both of you could be doing this privately?

What's the "warning" based on?

If it's the payment aspect, please detail what have you done to research/resolve it other than start a thread here asking for opinions?

OR

Are you upset that someone you invited here is publicly asking for opinions on what he should be paying for a book similar to yours? I'm not clear on whether this is a sarcastic reference or butthurt.

Thanks

Another deadbeat I just dealt with. According to his feedback, it looks like he has done it to another board member.

heatbe0

What's a "deadbeat"? A non-paying buyer? If so, please link to listing - also if there is prior history please link to that also. Thanks.

I ended up blocking this guy as he seems to spell trouble. Kept messaging me saying my Batman Adventures #12 CGC 9.4 is way overpriced and that it is only worth $300 according to the "price guide". He wrote several messages too and seems to be quite adamant about it.

890jasm

So he was a jerk about your pricing? Got a link?

Also if you're going to call someone out on something like this, please share communication so we can see how much of a jerk he is - :popcorn:

This is on a thread...

thread

lol

To summarize.

Paypal or credit card gives you bad vibes with rejection/reversal & I don't see any indication that you tried to sort out the payment problem with buyer or payment facilitator.

You start a thread detailing your experience as seller dealing with a potential anonymous scammer, you did the thread even though you have all his contact info.

Now I guess you are fed up and naming him here now - how did he "give you no choice" ?

Was it the fact that this guy you invited here had a payment that got fouled up or is it the fact that he started a thread here asking for opinions the same way you did even though both of you could be doing this privately?

If it's the payment aspect, please detail what have you done to research/resolve it other than start a thread here asking for opinions?

OR

Are you upset that someone you invited here is publicly asking for opinions on what he should be paying for a book similar to yours? I'm not clear on whether this is a sarcastic reference or butthurt.

Thanks

I think i crearly explained why i am adding him to the list....

I wasn´t planning to add him at the blocked list because maybe he had a problem with is bank but after i saw the thread , he was clearly seeking for another book after he reversed the payment , thats a very rude way to act

This is on a thread...

thread

lol

To summarize.

OR

Thanks

I think i crearly explained why i am adding him to the list.... if you like do to business with people that after a reverse payment dont give you explanations , no answers and goes for a similar book instead , then dont add him ...

It's not about who I am willing to do business with, it's about understanding what he did that makes him worthy of being added to other people's block lists.

You aren't disputing anything in my recap, is it accurate? If so, let's try to downsize it.

You're advising others to block him because after waiting 20 minutes for a paypal reversal to magically repair itself - you emailed him* to back out and started a thread seeking advice, got it and never heard back from the guy you invited here.

Then he started his own thread seeking out pricing input on another book similar to yours & you called him out in his thread for not completing the deal with you?

I'm trying to get clarity and may be misreading some of what you are posting.

:popcorn:

* something I missed the first time

Edited by bababooey

This is on a thread...

thread

lol

To summarize.

OR

Thanks

I think i crearly explained why i am adding him to the list.... if you like do to business with people that after a reverse payment dont give you explanations , no answers and goes for a similar book instead , then dont add him ...

It's not about who I am willing to do business with, it's about understanding what he did that makes him worthy of being added to other people's block lists.

You aren't disputing anything in my recap, is it accurate? If so, let's try to downsize it.

You're advising others to block him because after waiting 20 minutes for a paypal reversal to magically repair itself - you emailed him* to back out and started a thread seeking advice, got it and never heard back from the guy you invited here.

Then he started his own thread seeking out pricing input on another book similar to yours & you called him out in his thread for not completing the deal with you?

I'm trying to get clarity and may be misreading some of what you are posting.

:popcorn:

* something I missed the first time

Non paying bidder ,

1. he sent me the money

2. he reversed payment

3. he decided to go for another book , without answering me or giving me an explanation..

I agree-- you can't just simply say "this person sucks-- block them"

you have to back it up with the experience you had and why you are now blocking them yourself. It is up to each person to decide what to do with that information. I don't assume if a name is on some list someone compiled that everyone on there is suddenly evil. Most deserve it -- sure -- but sometimes buyers/sellers actions lead to these situations too.

details are important

Here's another deadbeat buyer that you can all add to your lists: starus-ppbtv

What's a "deadbeat" ? Is it a non-paying buyer? Please link to listing, thanks.

42e403a0c7165229b367c86937b0dea8.jpg

That's a DeadBeet.

you have to back it up with the experience you had and why you are now blocking them yourself. It is up to each person to decide what to do with that information. I don't assume if a name is on some list someone compiled that everyone on there is suddenly evil. Most deserve it -- sure -- but sometimes buyers/sellers actions lead to these situations too.

details are important

I agree with you

I added him to my list , because in my opinion it was very unpolite way to make things .. But if you think i am wrong dont add it to the list

details are important

I agree with you

I added him to my list , because in my opinion it was very unpolite way to make things .. But if you think i am wrong dont add it to the list

I think you keep ignoring the questions we have and fail to give more details about the timing of events. I recall you had a problem before with how long it took to pay or ship or something like that on here before. Until I see some details about how things went down, I doubt I will add someone based on what you think may have happened. I have had PayPal cancel a transaction I sent to someone before for plenty of reasons. Bear in mind-- you had offers from this person on eBay which you declined then suddenly they see a transaction being done outside of eBay between the same people. Huge red flag that eBay and Pay Pal catch and handle how they want to (cancel the money transfer) all the time. It is a violation of their selling rules.

This makes me think it wasnt him that reversed it but Paypal. I received the same message with a sale a few weeks ago. Guy won an auction but the paypal account he used wasnt attached to him. Ebay/Paypal canceled the sale.

details are important

I agree with you

I think you keep ignoring the questions we have and fail to give more details about the timing of events. I recall you had a problem before with how long it took to pay or ship or something like that on here before. Until I see some details about how things went down, I doubt I will add someone based on what you think may have happened. I have had PayPal cancel a transaction I sent to someone before for plenty of reasons. Bear in mind-- you had offers from this person on eBay which you declined then suddenly they see a transaction being done outside of eBay between the same people. Huge red flag that eBay and Pay Pal catch and handle how they want to (cancel the money transfer) all the time. It is a violation of their selling rules.

Yes i had an issue with a seller at ebay, because i paid him and he didn´t sent me my books after 3 weeks . I was critiziced here , trolled etc . The name of the seller is BLB comics ... he is in the hall of shame here .... Of course not because of me but because he scammed a lot of people..

I think you are right about the ebay - paypal .. they probably knew about the the transaction so paypal could had cancelled it. As i said it was my responsability for inviting him here to make the deal , but the way he handled the situation after the reversed payment , i think i deserved some kind of explanation or one "hey man something happened with the payment" ...

Another deadbeat I just dealt with. According to his feedback, it looks like he has done it to another board member.

heatbe0

What's a "deadbeat"? A non-paying buyer? If so, please link to listing - also if there is prior history please link to that also. Thanks.

890jasm

So he was a jerk about your pricing? Got a link?

Also if you're going to call someone out on something like this, please share communication so we can see how much of a jerk he is - :popcorn:

"What's a "deadbeat"? A non-paying buyer? "

Yep, he skipped out on paying after I accepted a best offer from him. Here's his feedback which SonicDan also posted experiencing the same issue. I believe SonicDan is a member of the board too.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=heatbe0&ftab=AllFeedback&urlstack=5508|Period_Last31Days|currentpage_SCSold|&transactionid=1322479612008&itemid=181658317690

"So he was a jerk about your pricing? Got a link?

Also if you're going to call someone out on something like this, please share communication so we can see how much of a jerk he is"

As requested ... deal with him at your leisure... I was tempted to write back asking why he even bother to come on Ebay from his last message, but I rather not waste my time with him anymore.

New message from: 890jasm (6)

Your comic way over prices. A 9.4 is like 300.00

Let's see, the last three CGC 9.4's sold for $552.99, $610 & $599 respectively according to Ebay completed sales. There was a CGC 9.4 that sold three weeks ago on ComicLink for $725. I say my price seems fair. So where did you pull your $300 from?

- Stan

Price guide look it up

Plus eBay sells are way over price too