• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

Another to block

mariolev07 - Wins auctions & wants to negotiate shipping charges to Canada to avoid the Global shipping program (I get that) but it is how he wants me to ship 6 comics (which he won on auctions)

wanted me to take them out of all the bags and boards & ship it in an envelope & get this, He wanted to pay $5.83 for shipping those comics from US to Canada.

I've bought from this guy before (mariolev), and it's always a hassle. I understand it takes longer to get things from Canada, but it's usually 30 days minimum with this guy. Plus, the 2 times I've bought from him, the packaging has been pretty shabby. His grading isn't the best, but it's about on par with ebay, so I just expect it.

He wanted me to ship it the same way he ships it, Even that by itself a huge risk on stuff getting damaged. I even went to the post office and asked if there is such a thing. They looked at me like I was under a rock.

Then explained that there is no such thing & he tells me that I was misinformed.

What bothers me is that people like that do this stuff after the auction ends. This is not the first time

so this guy has two different ebay names??>>

What also stinks is if you end up going to the second highest bidder, #1-its too long after they don't want it #2-they might think you shilled and there was never a bad buyer

Another to block

mariolev07 - Wins auctions & wants to negotiate shipping charges to Canada to avoid the Global shipping program (I get that) but it is how he wants me to ship 6 comics (which he won on auctions)

wanted me to take them out of all the bags and boards & ship it in an envelope & get this, He wanted to pay $5.83 for shipping those comics from US to Canada.

That's something that should be negotiated BEFORE buying...

I've bought from this guy before (mariolev), and it's always a hassle. I understand it takes longer to get things from Canada, but it's usually 30 days minimum with this guy. Plus, the 2 times I've bought from him, the packaging has been pretty shabby. His grading isn't the best, but it's about on par with ebay, so I just expect it.

That's total garbage. I'm in Canada and it's NEVER 30 days unless I don't go to the post office in a reasonable time. I use the 2nd cheapest shipping with Canada Post (because that one includes a tracking number) and the longest I've seen it take (because I watch every tracking number I send out) is 1.5 weeks. MAX.

30 days. Psh. Screw that guy and his lazy .

You can add hert_juni to the list as well. Hit the BIN on two of my books to the tune of $1775.

hert_juni then went poof like a Friday night thread on a Monday morning. Had to file a non pay bidder, malicious bidder and attempt to purchase outside e-bay on him.

Best he just be avoided.

I usually do not name names. Here we go:

Be on the lookout for: smi9514

It a female's eBay/Paypal account but I dealt with a male.

Email Address and Real name due upon request or if the consensus is for it to be posted here.

Situation: I bought a piece of art from them. He asked how I would like it shipped, in a tube or in an envelope. I asked for a box and explained why. He complies and says it will take longer to find a box. I am fine with that. Art comes in an envelope and damaged.

I write to him about the damage seeking a straight return and he says that he will not willingly take a return back. Then he realizes that he did say that he would ship it in a box and asks me to send it back or I can keep it at half off. I asked for a straight return. (It was a commissioned piece and not a piece of OA).

I call eBay and give them permission to review the messages. They agree and I am to send it back with the eBay label. I BOXED it up (It's really not that hard to do) so it does not incur any further damage. It is delivered and I get a refund. This was over a week ago. I arrived home to see the box on my doorstep with the words, "refused" and RTS on it.

Yes, I have all documentation still in my eBay messages and can screen cap. I called eBay and Paypal who both said that is his problem as the item was delivered. They told me that sellers will try to do this to reverse the reversed charge.

What I found annoying was that my feedback was erased. I left a neutral (not a negative) that said something to the effect of, "poor packing-piece damaged due to negligence -paypal had to be involved." (or something like that)

Now... what to do with the artwork? On Friday, I go under the knife again, going back on the bench for about a month and will probably not be able to box up or ship anything large out.

Commissioned art -- what medium, what size, what artist, what art?

Arrived damaged -- how damaged? A scratch, a tear, a bend, other wear?

What was the cost of the item?

An artist will take a commission, put effort into creating a piece of art, but won't follow through on packaging the work safely?

Pics?

Commissioned art -- what medium, what size, what artist, what art?

Arrived damaged -- how damaged? A scratch, a tear, a bend, other wear?

What was the cost of the item?

An artist will take a commission, put effort into creating a piece of art, but won't follow through on packaging the work safely?

Pics?

It was not an artist. It was someone who bought the piece from an artist and no longer wanted it.

Size was 14x17.

Damaged as in creases / bends in the artwork at a couple of impact points in the lower center of the piece.

Cost was $140.

(BTW - I only posted this because I wonder if they are playing games with the insurance on the piece.)

Here are the screen shots of the messages - obviously start from the bottom to work your way up. I do not think I screwed up here, but hey, if I am wrong, feel free to let me know.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-10%20at%208.39.00%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-10%20at%208.38.32%20AM.png

It was not an artist. It was someone who bought the piece from an artist and no longer wanted it.

Size was 14x17.

Damaged as in creases / bends in the artwork at a couple of impact points in the lower center of the piece.

Cost was $140.

$140 is nothing to sneeze at. I would want it shipped very carefully. Did he offer free shipping? He might have balked at a shipping method that would cut into his profit. Just speculating his motives.

The strange thing is, I think I would have an easier time finding a box for a 14x17 item than I would in finding an envelope or flat mailer for one.

In the eBay exchange you posted, the line that really stands out is this one from the seller:

"I am sincerely sorry that you have the spare time to call them. I didn't even know they could be reached by phone."

Wow. Injecting snide sarcasm into the process is no way to treat a buyer with a legitimate issue. (Or even a buyer with an issue you don't consider legitimate, though there's no reason that should be the case here.)

This seller is just a knob. It's like he's mad you took away his meth money or something.

Size was 14x17.

Cost was $140.

$140 is nothing to sneeze at. I would want it shipped very carefully. Did he offer free shipping? He might have balked at a shipping method that would cut into his profit. Just speculating his motives.

The strange thing is, I think I would have an easier time finding a box for a 14x17 item than I would in finding an envelope or flat mailer for one.

In the eBay exchange you posted, the line that really stands out is this one from the seller:

"I am sincerely sorry that you have the spare time to call them. I didn't even know they could be reached by phone."

Wow. Injecting snide sarcasm into the process is no way to treat a buyer with a legitimate issue. (Or even a buyer with an issue you don't consider legitimate, though there's no reason that should be the case here.)

This seller is just a knob. It's like he's mad you took away his meth money or something.

No, I had to pay for shipping. I don't know I thought I was pretty straight forward with him. He asked how I wanted it shipped, I asked for it to be boxed. He said he would and he didn't. It arrived damaged.

If it had arrived damaged AND it arrived boxed. Then that is on me. He used his method of shipping despite saying he would honor my request and it came damaged. I feel that is on him.

Add this to another plunder on eBay and their effective manner of communicating to sellers/buyers. doh!

I bought a $285 book off eBay and it wasn't as described. The seller wouldn't take it back so I of course opened up a claim which I won (hence I still don't understand for the life of me why any seller just doesn't take returns to begin with since eBay makes you take them back anyway) and eBay sent me that "Pre-Paid" shipping slip so I can send the comic book back free of charge. I dropped it off at the PO the very next day and I assumed I was all well and good, however what I I was just informed was that eBay solely uses UPS but allows USPS as a drop-off for UPS to come pick up that package. I assumed they used both since the pre-paid slip has two barcodes on it. One for UPS and one for USPS so I thought you just pick where you want to drop it off at. I have USPS as a dropping off point before and never had a problem of eventaully getting my refund.

Here is where I got screwed it took UPS 3 freakin weeks to come pick-up and send it from CA to TX. The tracking on Feb 20 said "at local PO" and I thought it meant it was at his local PO in TX and he is just refusing to to pick it up and sign for it. he literally just got it today and of course eBay closed the case two days ago....meaning I do not get my refund, but yet the guy just emailed saying he got the comic book back and he is not required to refund me the money but he will apparently ship the item back to me.

So the abolsute insufficiently_thoughtful_person eBay claims rep said well we give you guys those prepaid packing slips so its a free return shipping service for you.... doh! I said if I would have known UPS is the provider and not USPS I would have just either dropped it off at a local UPS branch or just sent it USPS priority mail myself and had gotten the book returned to him in a couple days. Then the ebay guy said but then if you shipped it your self it would have cost you $. Well then I said I would rather be out $5 than $285 you complete dope. Is everyone a dope now a days? :mad:

Basically in that end of this is if the eBay seller wants to keep the book and my $ he can because the process of return the comic was over the time threshold which was out of my control.

Oh yea and apparently eBay now only requires $750 for signature confirmation as a seller while PP still requires $250. How about that for some fraud and a can of worms.....google this topic!

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

I would call back this definitely falls under buyer protection and you got a bad rep.

Add this to another plunder on eBay and their effective manner of communicating to sellers/buyers. doh!

I bought a $285 book off eBay and it wasn't as described. The seller wouldn't take it back so I of course opened up a claim which I won (hence I still don't understand for the life of me why any seller just doesn't take returns to begin with since eBay makes you take them back anyway) and eBay sent me that "Pre-Paid" shipping slip so I can send the comic book back free of charge. I dropped it off at the PO the very next day and I assumed I was all well and good, however what I I was just informed was that eBay solely uses UPS but allows USPS as a drop-off for UPS to come pick up that package. I assumed they used both since the pre-paid slip has two barcodes on it. One for UPS and one for USPS so I thought you just pick where you want to drop it off at. I have USPS as a dropping off point before and never had a problem of eventaully getting my refund.

Here is where I got screwed it took UPS 3 freakin weeks to come pick-up and send it from CA to TX. The tracking on Feb 20 said "at local PO" and I thought it meant it was at his local PO in TX and he is just refusing to to pick it up and sign for it. he literally just got it today and of course eBay closed the case two days ago....meaning I do not get my refund, but yet the guy just emailed saying he got the comic book back and he is not required to refund me the money but he will apparently ship the item back to me.

So the abolsute insufficiently_thoughtful_person eBay claims rep said well we give you guys those prepaid packing slips so its a free return shipping service for you.... doh! I said if I would have known UPS is the provider and not USPS I would have just either dropped it off at a local UPS branch or just sent it USPS priority mail myself and had gotten the book returned to him in a couple days. Then the ebay guy said but then if you shipped it your self it would have cost you $. Well then I said I would rather be out $5 than $285 you complete dope. Is everyone a dope now a days? :mad:

Basically in that end of this is if the eBay seller wants to keep the book and my $ he can because the process of return the comic was over the time threshold which was out of my control.

Oh yea and apparently eBay now only requires $750 for signature confirmation as a seller while PP still requires $250. How about that for some fraud and a can of worms.....google this topic!

I'm quite sure that eBay deliberately makes most of their policies confusing as hell for both sellers and buyers in order to sneakily increase their profit margins. Between the screwing I got 2 years ago when I went on vacation, the exorbitant fee structures (especially charging a fee for shipping amounts) and their recent changes in seller requirements where I truly just got screwed out of 4 months worth of the Top-rated Seller 20% fee discount, I am strongly considering other venues for my comic sales. To say I'm displeased with the eBay selling experience is a strong understatement. It's like the Mafia eBay now. Pure extortion.

I'm quite sure that eBay deliberately makes most of their policies confusing as hell for both sellers and buyers in order to sneakily increase their profit margins. Between the screwing I got 2 years ago when I went on vacation, the exorbitant fee structures (especially charging a fee for shipping amounts) and their recent changes in seller requirements where I truly just got screwed out of 4 months worth of the Top-rated Seller 20% fee discount, I am strongly considering other venues for my comic sales. To say I'm displeased with the eBay selling experience is a strong understatement. It's like the Mafia eBay now. Pure extortion.

To their credit a claims manager just called me back and gave me a courtesy refund. So eBay ate $285 bucks since the seller gets to keep his $ as well. She was the most professional person I have ever had to deal with on eBay. If they had more people like her eBay would be a better place.

Not sure if people do know about this, but $750 is the new eBay policy for needing signature confirmation. :news:

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Add mvelezbustos to the list of miscreants who win auctions then seem to vanish in thin air. Sent two messages nicely asking if they had changed their mind or were waiting for some of my other auctions to conclude and combine shipping, no response. Opened Ebay claim and no response. No cash loss to me other than the hassle of not being able to relist the item until the case closed, but still very annoying.

Funny thing is that they had 100% positive feedback, but after opening the claim I read through several of the responses and there was a string of "did not pay" situations. Strange these would not reflect a negative and possibly warn future sellers.

Cheers,

Bob

Add mvelezbustos to the list of miscreants who win auctions then seem to vanish in thin air. Sent two messages nicely asking if they had changed their mind or were waiting for some of my other auctions to conclude and combine shipping, no response. Opened Ebay claim and no response. No cash loss to me other than the hassle of not being able to relist the item until the case closed, but still very annoying.

Funny thing is that they had 100% positive feedback, but after opening the claim I read through several of the responses and there was a string of "did not pay" situations. Strange these would not reflect a negative and possibly warn future sellers.

Cheers,

Bob

You can't obviously leave negative feedback from buyers hence why they left the clues in a +feedback message.