• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

VALIANT COMICS COLLECTIBLE FIRST APPEARANCE ISSUES (in release order)

Magnus #5 – first appearance of Rai (a Rai trading card was included in Magnus #4)

Solar Man of the Atom #3 – first appearance of Toyo Harada and the Harbinger Foundation

Magnus #7 – first appearance of X-O armor (Commando class, earlier than X-O Manowar appearance)

Harbinger #1 – first appearance of the Harbinger renegades (kids): Peter, Kris, Charlene, Faith, Torque

X-O Manowar #1 – first appearance of X-O Manowar armor, first appearance of Aric of Dacia

X-O Manowar #4 – first (brief) appearance of Jack Boniface (becomes Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 – first (full) appearance of Jack Boniface (Shadowman)

Solar #10 – first appearance of Gilad Anni-Padda/Abrams (Eternal Warrior), first Geomancers

Archer & Armstrong #0* – first appearance of Archer & Armstrong (Obadiah Archer, Aram Anni-Padda)

Harbinger #10 – first appearance of H.A.R.D.Corps

Eternal Warrior #4 – first (brief) appearance of Bloodshot

Rai #0 – first (full) appearance of Bloodshot, first new Rai, VALIANT universe future revealed

Shadowman #8 – first appearance of Master Darque

Archer & Armstrong / Eternal Warrior #8 – first appearance of Ivar Anni-Padda (Timewalker)

Bloodshot #6 – first appearance of Colin King (Ninjak)

BACKGROUND

The VALIANT universe of comics started in 1991 with the re-introduction of Magnus and Solar**.

The first original character was Rai, introduced in Magnus #5. The first original title was Harbinger #1.

The Unity storyline of 1992 brought attention to VALIANT, written as capital letters in the 1990s.

VALIANT was purchased by Acclaim Entertainment in 1994 and Acclaim went bankrupt in 2004.

Valiant Entertainment purchased the Valiant characters in 2005 and restarted the universe in 2012.

It is not necessary to read the 1990s comics for the current Valiant universe, however, these comics

provide the original names, designs, and story influences for many characters reintroduced since 2012.

Generally speaking, the availability of these comics increases down this list. Magnus #5 (1991) is less

common than Bloodshot #6 (1993), and most Valiant comics from 1993-94 are extremely common.

* Two versions of Archer & Armstrong #0: a limited gold edition and a regular edition were produced

** Magnus, Solar, and Turok were licensed characters in the 1990s and not part of the Valiant universe (2012 to present)

As a printable handout: http://valiantfans.com/valiantfirstapp.pdf

EDIT: Made another version with pictures! :D

valiantfirst.png

As a printable handout: http://valiantfans.com/valiantfirst.pdf

Edited by valiantman

Harbinger #10 – first appearance of H.A.R.D.Corps

I have not gotten that book in 9.8 yet!

Great choice!

:applause:

Shadowman Vol. 1 #16 (1st Doctor Mirage) - I always enjoyed that short series.

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #19 (1st cameo of Armorines)

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #25 (1st full Armorines)

Bloodshot Vol. 1 #7 (1st Ninjak in costume)

I think right around Harbinger #10 was when Valiant jumped the shark so to speak. I mean it actually says first appearance on the cover.

Yes. Shooter was gone soon after Unity, but they were using Shooter scripts/plans until about Harbinger 14 or so. Not sure if he was still around to approve that cover of H10 with the first appearance box.

Sorry to pee in everyone cornflakes, but weren't most of the print runs 500,000+ with some up near 900,000?

Just something I read.

Well, if we are allowed to do that...

Hook me up with a 9.8 Gold A & A!!!!! lol

ArcherandArmstrong0GoldCGC98.jpg

Just sold a raw one for $3..... happy days! :facepalm:

Ignorance is bliss......

Sorry to pee in everyone cornflakes, but weren't most of the print runs 500,000+ with some up near 900,000?

Just something I read.

Turok #1 had something like 1.7 million printed (and was the 5th highest selling book the month it released). Bloodshot #1: about 800,000. There are plenty of other books from 1993–1994 with print runs in the hundreds of thousands, but some of the pre-Unity books are below 40,000. And the various premium books (gold issues, VVSS, and coupon books) are very limited)

:baiting: You selling?

No, but whatever I would be asking would be usury anyway, even if it was $30 postage paid, so I am doing you a favor... :cool:

Seriously, should be an easy one to get, surprised it isn't. They have been swimming in the quarter boxes - if they even make it into the quarter box - for over a decade, which doesn't help. But still.