• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,125 posts in this topic

My thoughts are with you all,and my girl sends her condolences as well,as we have been fortunate enough to have seen many of the photos you have shared over time.

Sparkies event is fantastic...we have them as well.

:sorry: for your sad times,thinking of you .

We laid another beloved friend to rest this afternoon.

DeuceampJag_zpsbf2741b4.jpg

DeuceCowboyOrioles_zps8a731bc7.jpg

Deucetunnel4_zps631ff93e.jpg

R.I.P. Deuce 2006(?) - 2 February 2015

While the happy memories will remain, at this moment there's only the grief and the tears.

:(

Sadly it was inevitable. The diagnosis of lymphoma two weeks ago on Thursday revealed why Deuce wasn't bouncing fully back to health even though we'd treated and he'd battled through the pancreatitis, jaundice(liver failure) and upper respiratory tract infection since late November. The cancer was the underlying condition behind all of the others. I was down to hoping that we could give him one last good weekend on this earth but even that proved to be beyond our power as digestive complications appeared. The WOMAN ministered to him heroically to the end even sleeping downstairs so that she could check up on him two or three times during the night but by late Saturday I knew that it was time to end his suffering.

Deucewearingfavouritetie.jpg

So full of life, he'd been the most athletic of all the cats and was always brimming with energy and good cheer.

Edited by Hepcat

Hepcat - I hadn't read this thread in a while, and now to see that two of your friends have gone, it is so sad. I'm so sorry to read all this, and was glad to see where you had decided not to blame yourself in Styx's death. We do the best we can, and sometimes that just isn't enough.

We've got two cats here, they both bug the hell out of me, and I know how I would feel if they were gone. My condolences to you and The WOMAN.

The WOMAN tells me that the sparkie on the coffee table went on again by itself yesterday. She thinks it was Styx telling her that Deuce was there with him.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Personal business demands will be taking up most of my time in the next little while. Therefore if I'm not around much if at all over the next few months, that won't be due to any health issues.

:)

Personal business demands will be taking up most of my time in the next little while. Therefore if I'm not around much if at all over the next few months, that won't be due to any health issues.

Let us know when you're back, I've got some Krypto covers I was gonna post for ya.

So Ace and Cowboy have modified their behaviour to fill the ecological/household niche vacated by their dearly departed comrades:

DSCN3522_zps90df8dab.jpg

DSCN3521_zps3fdbdc9b.jpg

DSCN3523_zps5d45b75a.jpg

DSCN3524_zps00fdd667.jpg

Ace would never allow Cowboy to lie touching him previously. Two months ago he would have just said "!" and stalked off indignantly. Moreover Ace seldom lay on the futon or used the beanbag wicker chair in the living room. That territory was reserved for Styx or the other two.

DSCN3526_zpsylw38ujd.jpg

Nor did Ace previously show any interest in the computer. Styx had been the computer nerd.

DSCN3519_zpse048568c.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsecf2acba.jpg

Things it seems have changed now....

(shrug)

Cowboy in particular seems to be looking for the other two and asking for their whereabouts with plaintiff meows.

This has been particularly hard on The WOMAN since she's still dwelling on the deaths of Styx and Deuce anyway and wondering whether there was anything more we could have done. She knows rationally that we did everything we could but she can't shake the feelings of guilt. As a result she breaks down crying every few days which chokes me up as well when I'm around since it leads to discussing and thus revisiting everything we did for the two of them all of which of course proved in vain. But since I'm busy at the office with my usual concerns, I've been able to put the events behind me much better than has she.

Edited by Hepcat

The ghosts of St. Patrick's Day past - first Phoebe:

DSCN0103_zpsmfiqs7tw.jpg

DSCN0104_zpswwmn8uqo.jpg

DSCN0108_zpsyhkz4v7z.jpg

DSCN0107_zpscobdkds3.jpg

DSCN0106_zpsym1qxa0f.jpg

Phoebecake.jpg

Phoebe with Ace and friends:

11979d6c-6d08-4cc3-adc6-a4c8d1a342e3_zpsrqjfpjn4.jpg

2110d7b0-ea99-402f-ad98-18525db715da_zpshnzdjy68.jpg

592d3bb7-05f2-43dc-a6d5-e8fce01b7866_zpspspmfxzj.jpg

DSCN0099_zpsqgwc9duw.jpg

Phoebe was beautiful but tragically we lost her to a car in 2008. Now here's Styx:

DSCN3247_zps42a30959.jpg

DSCN3248_zpsd63609af.jpg

DSCN3250_zps68eec4e2.jpg

DSCN3249_zpsc158214b.jpg

AStPatricks2.jpg

AStPatricks.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

We are temporarily (hopefully) a 3 cat household. My daughter and her friends found an abandoned kitten, and we somehow ended up with her. I've avoided naming her (you name it, you own it), but my wife and daughter has been calling her Pi, since we got her on 3/14/15, Pi Day.

IMG_4912_zpsv4vcypbq.jpg

IMG_4893_zpszfdti01v.jpg

IMG_4931_zpsqbmduvqs.jpg

Here she is with our two, Hawkeye (orange) and KC (gray):

IMG_4930_zpsjxikaqqk.jpg

She likes to climb up and sleep on your neck:

IMG_4891_zps8yiwwit4.jpg

IMG_4925_crop_zpsxlup24h8.jpg

Vet thinks she is 3-4 weeks, I go with the higher end (she's walking pretty well, has teeth). Feeding with the medicine dropper isn't great, hopefully we'll be doing solid food soon.

Vet thinks she is 3-4 weeks, I go with the higher end (she's walking pretty well, has teeth). Feeding with the medicine dropper isn't great, hopefully we'll be doing solid food soon.

Any more developments with the new kitten?

???

The WOMAN says that it's clear that the kitten wants to be accepted by you and become a part of your household.

Edited by Hepcat