• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

This thread always rocks! So great to see and read about everyone's treasure finds. The last couple of weekends we've visited my better half's folks in Daytona; they love to check out flea markets and antique malls and tell me where comics are found. While a big GA or SA find is still elusive... these will do nicely. There's a small flea market on Ridgewood (I think) that the last issue of Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot Gold and Smithsonian book were found. Sleepwalker was at an antique mall.

Daytona20Feb202015201_zps6vn8desr.jpg

Nice finds. I have that Smithsonian book and it is beautiful.

Nice little return today on a craigslist add, I also picked up 4 short boxes of moderns for pennies on the dollar. I will go through them in the next few days and post some pics....... Here are the ones I cherry picked out of the boxes I left behind.......

d553819b1bbe7ce4b8e81e5be0f9c60f_zpsc75856a8.jpg

Nothing to crazy but I got this stack yesterday from the original owner.

Had a few good books.

First reverse Flash and the annuals were nice.

The TOA is funny. I might have to have another crazy sales thread soon.

Find224_zpswe8xyu6o.jpg

Great find. (thumbs u

I really should scour CL more... the times I do, I never see anything worth a damn, but I am sure there is something out there sometime.

Nice pickup, WebSlinger!

-slym

90% of my local CL is 10 different ads from out of town people wanting to buy anything from 1980 and older. Very frustrating, because the small scale collector never gets a shot at it.

This thread always rocks! So great to see and read about everyone's treasure finds. The last couple of weekends we've visited my better half's folks in Daytona; they love to check out flea markets and antique malls and tell me where comics are found. While a big GA or SA find is still elusive... these will do nicely. There's a small flea market on Ridgewood (I think) that the last issue of Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot Gold and Smithsonian book were found. Sleepwalker was at an antique mall.

That Bloodshot is signed by G., nice!

Oh, c'mon.

His name rhymes with RICK, not *spoon*

Oh, c'mon.

His name rhymes with RICK, not *spoon*

You're apparently not aware that certain words are replaced with *spoon* by the board system. That name is one of them because it has, well, other meanings. :gossip:

I snagged a small group (450 or so comics) off of Craigslist during lunch today at less than $0.50 per book. The main piece was a New Teen Titans/Tales of run from #1-60, but there are a few other decent odds and ends as well. The conditions range from low to high grade, depending on whether the owner bought them off the rack or at the local used book store (e.g. Kamandi run is beat but complete). At the least, I will more than double my initial investment in $1.00 bins.

Kijiji%20-%20March%203%202015%201_zpsbksl5giu.jpg

Kijiji%20-%20March%203%202015%202_zpso29xnrfr.jpg

Kijiji%20-%20March%203%202015%203_zps6xckeruw.jpg

Edited by kimik

Went to a vintage video gaming expo today, had no expectations of buying comics. Surprisingly, a single vendor had about 4 long boxes. Nothing mind lowing, but not bad for a few bucks.

5mn3p.jpg

Went to a local library book sale today -- came home with lots of good, vintage non-comics related genre paperbacks (Bond, SF, fantasy, etc.), including this:

solomon-kanePB.jpg

An R. E. Howard book I haven't read and a Jeff Jones cover, all for the princely sum of 25-cents! :banana: