• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I've never understood why the turtles have two toes, and three fingers.

They're mutated Turtles.

Turtles have five claws on the front, four on the back.

Humans obviously five and five (sorry Alabama lol )

Where did those other digits go?

Anyone getting the Hot Toys Hulk Buster? It looks sweet but at $824 is a lot to spend on a toy.

I'm really on the fence with this one... It looks awesome, it was a no brainer until I saw the price. My wife is very patient but this one would likely be an issue. Plus it's not out for a year and a half.

Anyone getting the Hot Toys Hulk Buster? It looks sweet but at $824 is a lot to spend on a toy.

I'm really on the fence with this one... It looks awesome, it was a no brainer until I saw the price. My wife is very patient but this one would likely be an issue. Plus it's not out for a year and a half.

My sentiments exactly.

Flex it? $92 a month for months. Won't really "feel" it that way.

For such a high price though might be better to wait and see it in hand before committing. Tough call.

For such a high price though might be better to wait and see it in hand before committing. Tough call.

How so? If I had the cash I'd trust Hot Toys in a half-second. I think they've proven themselves beyond a doubt at this point.

How so? If I had the cash I'd trust Hot Toys in a half-second. I think they've proven themselves beyond a doubt at this point.

Well, I guess they have but PLENTY of statues look better/worse in hand than via the pics. Not to mention it's just the prototype showing and there's been occasions where the live one doesn't look nearly as good.

Plus quality cotnrol issues, etc. All I'm saying, for close to $1,000 on a statue, I would probably like to see it in hand first.

Are hot toys statues usually a losing proposition in terms of getting your money back? I can afford to shell out for the Hulk Buster if I can later resell it at my cost but if it is likely to depreciate significantly I am not wealthy enough to spend 1k on a toy.

Are hot toys statues usually a losing proposition in terms of getting your money back? I can afford to shell out for the Hulk Buster if I can later resell it at my cost but if it is likely to depreciate significantly I am not wealthy enough to spend 1k on a toy.

Some hot toys do appreciate in value. It's anyone's guess which ones will.

The Hulkbuster looks awesome but I won't spend $900 on one.

I'd rather spend it on a Sideshow statue which is more likely to maintain it's value.

That's my 2 cents

Some hot toys do appreciate in value. It's anyone's guess which ones will.

The Hulkbuster looks awesome but I won't spend $900 on one.

I'd rather spend it on a Sideshow statue which is more likely to maintain it's value.

That's my 2 cents

I don't want to make money I just don't want to sell and get 1/10th of my purchase price. Do many depreciate sharply?