• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

Here's one I have dupes of. They both look very nice actually.

2n7i4b8.jpg

I have this book and the cover proof. I think this is the proof. Don't see many babes in white hair and sparkly swimsuits!

29z1js4.jpg

Tough book! I love it because I love martini's, and the flow on the dress too.

2ew1klx.jpg

This one looks like the TTLR that is in Paris a bit. Love the title.

mto8lj.jpg

Lots happeningin this one:

nprty1.jpg

This one is just silly with the bathing caps:

2upft3l.jpg

Now this is a war romance cover! Love this one:

2vxk5dc.jpg

More to follow later!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back!

One of my fave cover slogans, "I Loved My Doctor!!!"

2a5zvp2.jpg

This one could use an upgrade. The coolest part of this cover are the red & blue backgrounds:

a0aon9.jpg

Slight miscut, but who cares? Cole drew a friggin' castle on this one!

6tllz7.jpg

So this one's a bit crammed. Looks more like a flamenco dance, but I still love it:

25ivyid.jpg

Ah, those starry nights....

2589y7q.jpg

I love this one. It was one of my earliest pickups, and I may upgrade because of the spine split at the top someday. No big dialogue on this one, just a babe smoking a cig poolside...

2em39s1.jpg

And the last ish. Not the best. Both my copies have that white dot on the girl's shoulder. Looks a tad like Doris Day? Anyone??? This one is a tad sharper, even with the shading on the logo:

szzuba.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

But wait.... THERE'S MORE! FYI - There's just abuot always gonna be more.

So let's move on to a different genre, shall we? How about..... CRIME! Specifically, THRILLING CRIME CASES!

And, we're off! This cover stands out from the rest for the border, but this run is really big on the "poster cover colors" Cole is known for. Exhibit A, the first issue of the run - #41:

xp616x.jpg

I can use a few upgrades in this run, this is one. Love the skyline though.

153sfn6.jpg

Now, I know the #49 gets all the love, but I am enthralled with this cover. The perspective, the detail on the crowd and the bricks, plus the layered skyline and the perefect balance of the colors and writing. Totally an underrated LB Cole cover:

68spio.jpg

I really like this one. Check out the clouds and the house:

33xhme1.jpg

This is one of those upgrades I was talking about. Also, can someone who was around in the 50's tell me if more people had purple cars back then? The only one I know of is an old Saturn some old guy up the street from me owns.

33wruwm.jpg

I have at least 2 of this one, always looking to upgrade. It's not this bad miscut, that's my scanning. Blame the gin. ;) Cool cover tho:

15douiv.jpg

See? Purple cars! Great voilent cover tho!

5yi6g3.jpg

So, how about some jungle action? Here's what I've got of the TERRORS OF THE JUNGLE. I'm still missing a few (5, 7, 8).

This title jumps around a bit, so here's #4 (the #1):

149obci.jpg

This one is awesome:

s2vcp3.jpg

Mmmmmm... glowing boobies:

294m1jd.jpg

Ok, just look at the face on the zebra. LOOK!!!

rtge9v.jpg

The bondage makes this one popular, but I don't think it's the best of the run:

71oigk.jpg

Now THIS is a cover!!!

dmb6t3.jpg

One of the 1st LB's I bought in person. How can you deny the golden ghost gorilla?!?!?!

14aeq8l.jpg

Classic. Bad pg quality, but presents well!

24uw9jd.jpg

Supposedly this is LB's daughter! Love it.

fnd7bp.jpg

Project update: I just counted, and although I know there were a few (like MANHUNT) that have LB Cole art but not covers, I just counted 335 LB Cole books. I'll be at this a while...

Better get on it. No time for slacking.

Ken

Ok, how about some TERRIFYING TALES?!?!!?? :)

This cover is pretty cool. Cole didn't do many or any other giraffe bikini chicks.

2mzjt3r.jpg

Ah, the Bettie Page cover. I need a new copy. One of my 1st ebay purchases, didn't open it for a while and therefore didn't notice that there's a rip 1/2 way thru the cover from the right thru Betty's middle. It's taped on the inside.

2u58gpi.jpg

On the ebay bright side, although it's miscut I got this for a song off the bay:

2mma235.jpg