• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

I was going through some storage this weekend and found this I did in September 1973...the summer after high school graduation. India ink/pencil and brush and water color...Ode to JIMI! :headbang:

JIMI_HENDRIX_zpsilvhb6th.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

I was going through some storage this weekend and found this I did in September 1973...the summer after high school graduation. India ink/pencil and brush and water color...Ode to JIMI! :headbang:

Pretty damn good Tom. :applause:

....at the Williamsburg Film Festival this week there was an autograph dealer who sets up each year. He had this very nicely matted photo of Hendrix with his autograph in a separate window of the mat(sp)..... it was 700 bucks, and I love Hendrix enough to where I agonized over it.... just more than I can afford.... but it was infinitely cool. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....beautiful illustration, Tom....

Thanks for the praise, guys. Incidentally, I woke up to an email this morning that that painting won me second place in a painting contest.

But there seems no shortage of talent on the boards. Interesting to see what we all get up to, in our hobbies!

....at the Williamsburg Film Festival this week there was an autograph dealer who sets up each year. He had this very nicely matted photo of Hendrix with his autograph in a separate window of the mat(sp)..... it was 700 bucks, and I love Hendrix enough to where I agonized over it.... just more than I can afford.... but it was infinitely cool. GOD BLESS...

....beautiful illustration, Tom....

Man I think I would have jumped on that one.Would go great next to my Elvis signed piece. I really want a John Lennon autogragh too.

.....instead I picked up a Matted Nicholson Joker photo with Jack's autograph for a tenth of the price..... but the Hendrix is haunting.... maybe next year he'll have it still.... GOD BLESS...

I dabble in landscape painting, mainly acrylic on gessobord. Occasionally I'll do something like this. This is called 'Dandahu Ocean' (11"x14"), which research tells me is an actual ocean on Krypton. Superman is my first superhero love, so hope you enjoy.

That's a pretty cool painting! I really like the off-centered highlight.

Sort of embarrassing posting after Mio but what the hell...

Charlie Watts 10/73

Keith Richards 1/74

charlie_watts_zpsbbjef1zq.jpg

keith_richards_zpshgegwqam.jpg

Thats crazy talk. Those are good. My pen and ink stuff was junk! It is very hard and no way to fix mistakes - with oil, I just paint over them.